2015 NCAA Football Thread

DarkJourney

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's the thing: Referees are still human. They make mistakes in judgment of plays, and it could happen at any time to any team. Personally, I thought he missed it, but I could see why people thought it hooked in. With something as close as that, I don't know why it's not reviewable, but thems the breaks sometimes.

No, you don't understand, any bad call that happens in a game is a conspiracy funded by obama and the undead corpse of hitler to make sure [iNSERT BLUE BLOOD HERE] gets to the championship so that the illuminati (headed by Roger Goodell) can destroy [iNSERT YOUR FAVORITE TEAM HERE] and take over the world: presented by Draft Kings. Wake up sheeple.

Here's the thing: Referees are still human. They make mistakes in judgment of plays, and it could happen at any time to any team. Personally, I thought he missed it, but I could see why people thought it hooked in. With something as close as that, I don't know why it's not reviewable, but thems the breaks sometimes.

No, you don't understand, any bad call that happens in a game is a conspiracy funded by obama and the undead corpse of hitler to make sure [iNSERT BLUE BLOOD HERE] gets to the championship so that the illuminati (headed by Roger Goodell) can destroy [iNSERT YOUR FAVORITE TEAM HERE] and take over the world: presented by Draft Kings. Wake up sheeple.

You forgot to mention that Hillary Clinton is secretly the Queen of the Lizard People.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Keenan Reynolds rebroke the Rushing TD Record in Navy's bowl game. He finishes his career with 88 rushing TDs. He originally broke it in the Army-Navy Game a few weeks ago (85). Then a couple weeks ago, LA Tech's RB Kenneth Dixon broke the record (87). Someone explain to me how neither Dixon nor Reynolds were Heisman Finalists.

Keenan Reynolds rebroke the Rushing TD Record in Navy's bowl game. He finishes his career with 88 rushing TDs. He originally broke it in the Army-Navy Game a few weeks ago (85). Then a couple weeks ago, LA Tech's RB Kenneth Dixon broke the record (87). Someone explain to me how neither Dixon nor Reynolds were Heisman Finalists.

Heisman Trophy voting ended before the Army-Navy game.

So you're essentially arguing two things:

1. That Reynolds and Dixon should have been finalists even though they weren't the current record holders at the time of voting.

2. Heisman Trophies are career achievements, not singular season achievements.

1. That Reynolds and Dixon should have been finalists even though they weren't the current record holders at the time of voting.

McCaffrey still should've won. Ok I'm done continue

I do agree with that... but what I'm trying to say is the NCAA and Heisman Trust (or whatever the group of people who present the award is called) couldn't give two :censored:s about smaller conferences like the AAC and Conference USA. All they do is cram the Power 5 in your face and think nothing of it.

I do agree with that... but what I'm trying to say is the NCAA and Heisman Trust (or whatever the group of people who present the award is called) couldn't give two :censored:s about smaller conferences like the AAC and Conference USA. All they do is cram the Power 5 in your face and think nothing of it.

Reynolds wasn't even a finalist for the Davey O'Brien (Best QB) or the Walter Camp and Dixon was not a finalist for the Doak Walker mainly because he barely gained 1,000 yards and rightfully did not even receive a 3rd place vote.

While the Heisman has far too many voters, Reynolds could not even pull from the eastern time zone, which basically fills out four of the six voting regions:

Far West: AZ, CA, HI, ID, MT, ND, NV, OR, SD, UT, WA, WY

Mid Atlantic: DC, DE, MD, NC, NJ, PA, SC, VA, WV

Mid West: IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, OH, WI

North East: CT, MA, ME, NH, NYC, NY, RI, VT

South: AL, FL, GA, KY, LA, MS, TN

Southwest: AR, CO, KS, MO, NE, NM, OK, TX

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I thought that really said Dean Cain...anyway, I still have Clemson in the upset.

He did play college football and according to his wikipedia page joined the Bills as a free agent but never played.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

POTD (Shared)

I thought that really said Dean Cain...anyway, I still have Clemson in the upset.

He did play college football and according to his wikipedia page joined the Bills as a free agent but never played.

One more thing about Dean Cain, because enough is enough...but I heard he held or holds a Division 1-AA record for interceptions in a season. Too lazy to fact check that one though.

The Worst Division of the Big Five is 3-0 in bowl games thus far. The Wisconsin/USC game was very entertaining and generally well-played.

POTD (Shared)

Someone want to inform me why the semifinal games are taking place today and not tomorrow?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Someone want to inform me why the semifinal games are taking place today and not tomorrow?

Rose and Sugar didn't want to move from their traditional slots and when formed the playoff committee wanted NYE.

However, this year, ESPN offered (even begged) them to move the semis back to Saturday, January 2 as it could be basically unopposed as ESPN would move other bowls around, but they declined!

http://m.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2015/01/26/Events-and-Attractions/CFP.aspx?

Playoff Executive Bill Hancock has said, "The fact is that we have started a new tradition of back-to-back tripleheaders on New Year's Eve and New Year's Day. We're not interested in changing for one year, then returning for the next 10."

Archived