2015 NCAA Football Thread

DarkJourney

I have to admit, the Cotton Bowl was excruciatingly boring. I'd have much rather sat through an entire Twilight marathon.

It doesn't help matters that I usually find Alabama to be excruciatingly boring anyways and Michigan State was lethargic from the start. That just made for a cocktail of snooze. I really hope the NCG is a much better game.

Well, onto tomorrow! I think we're in for some really good ones.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As good as Jake Coker played last night, I think Clemson will be a much bigger challenge. Michigan State's DBs were burnt like that all season. I don't think Coker will be able to get receivers that wide open against Clemson. The big if for Clemson will be containing Henry. Michigan State did a decent job in that respect. Also a far healthier and much more mobile quarterback causes Alabama fits. My heart says Clemson takes it but my head says Saban has a few more tricks in his bag that no one has seen yet.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Good job, Playoffs. Your "new tradition" really did forget that many Americans are still at work on NYE and not all are university employees or students.

Early ratings:

Cotton Bowl 9.9 overnight; Orange 9.7

For comparison, last years semifinals Rose (15.5) and Sugar (15.3), however according to ESPN it was 2nd & 3rd best ever streaming for WatchESPN (non-World Cup),behind only last year's CFP title game.

https://mobile.twitter.com/jksports?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Good job, Playoffs. Your "new tradition" really did forget that many Americans are still at work on NYE and not all are university employees or students.

Early ratings:

For comparison, last years semifinals Rose (15.5) and Sugar (15.3), however according to ESPN it was 2nd & 3rd best ever streaming for WatchESPN (non-World Cup),behind only last year's CFP title game.

The Michigan State/Alabama game started at 8 PM EST. I think the fact it was a blowout in the second half played a part. I know a lot of people were not working where I was at when the first game started. So those who wanted to watch the game live had the ability to do so. The only one's that should have been cranky were the New Years Eve shows.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Early ratings:

I was thinking last night, if they ever went to 8 team playoff, it'd probably be too much to care about.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

Early ratings:

The Michigan State/Alabama game started at 8 PM EST. I think the fact it was a blowout in the second half played a part. I know a lot of people were not working where I was at when the first game started. So those who wanted to watch the game live had the ability to do so. The only one's that should have been cranky were the New Years Eve shows.
Network New Year's programming did just fine and was better than 2014.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2016/01/01/tv-ratings-thursday-dec-31-2015/

It seems the CFB Playoff/New Year's Six has seemed to hit a Sophmote slump (barring the title game). A lot of blowouts between teams we had thought were equal and were "great" matchups for another.

Also, hopefully this year's Stanford changes the committee's thoughts regarding 2-loss teams. It's ridicolous to completely ignore a team because they have a "2" over in the loss column. And nice to see the B1G undo all of the "progress" they made last year in the bowl season (save for Ohio State).

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Is Stanford that good or is Iowa extremely overrated (akin to Florida St last season)?

I think Iowa went out with the big eyes and got caught up in the moment and were overwhelmed. Stanford did pull out all the stops but even without the trick plays they were just dialed in while Iowa was happy to be there.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived