2015 NFL Offseason

CS85

Chip finally spoke. Claims to have already been offered a 1st round pick for Bradford. Says Bradford is his guy and he's not trading up. His nose then proceeded to grow several inches.

Speculation is the 1st round offer came from the Browns (if true at all)

Demarco Murray called Chip Kelly to discuss joining the Eagles. Very likely just a ploy to drive up his price for the Cowboys, or maybe he just wants to play with Bradford again (which would be absolutely silly).

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 956
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sam Bradford is trying to get DeMarco Murray to come to Philly. How does a guy who's been injured virtually his entire NFL career have ANY sway on anyone?!

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Other than the outlier that is Namath have the Jets even had a bona fide elite franchise quarterback in their history? Maybe Pennington?

Ken O'Brien was better than average.

But he wasn't the guy who went three spots later in that first round. You might know him. I think his name was Marino or something.
And he is just like O'Brien in that he never won a Super Bowl.

Yes, but Marino had the much better career. That was my point.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Sam Bradford is trying to get DeMarco Murray to come to Philly. How does a guy who's been injured virtually his entire NFL career have ANY sway on anyone?!

I refuse to believe that Chip is this stupid. He just can't be. But apparently Bradford knew for weeks the Eagles wanted him.

There just has to be more to this. There has to.

Right?

There's not?

Oh no. Dear gods no.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I refuse to believe that Chip is this stupid. He just can't be. But apparently Bradford knew for weeks the Eagles wanted him.

Right?

There's not?

Oh no. Dear gods no.

It also amazes me that Bradford had the balls to indirectly slam the Rams by citing the importance of organizational stability. This coming from a guy who was the last #1 pick to get a franchise-crippling contract and only has 2 healthy seasons since 2010, including 2 consecutive ACL injuries. So yeah, Sam, you're kind of a moron if you don't think your fragile ass wasn't a part of the Rams problems over the years. Jerk.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Right?

There's not?

Oh no. Dear gods no.

It also amazes me that Bradford had the balls to indirectly slam the Rams by citing the importance of organizational stability. This coming from a guy who was the last #1 pick to get a franchise-crippling contract and only has 2 healthy seasons since 2010, including 2 consecutive ACL injuries. So yeah, Sam, you're kind of a moron if you don't think your fragile ass wasn't a part of the Rams problems over the years. Jerk.

I didn't hear that, but the Eagles aren't exactly a model of stability right now, considering all of the internal power struggles and changes at GM and in the personnel dept, and Kelly himself has only been there two seasons.

I still think that there is a chance that Kelly is selling this thing well, and they're playing a cruel game with Bradford, who will never take a snap for the Eagles.

Can we just call Sam Bradford, Jeff George at this point? The similarities are (IMO) kinda there.

Except one was an unstable rage machine and the other just was injury prone.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

What does "dead cap" mean?

What does "dead cap" mean?

Dead money is the amount of cap space taken up by players no longer on the roster (cut, traded, or retired). It generally occurs when contracts are restructured and/or extended.

The far right # is what it would cost Miami for Suh alone on the cap if he is cut/traded/released in that specific league year.

As Joel Corry explains, it is not always a bad thing.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/dead-money-disasters/

So it's basically a 3-year contract, unless he's still a total dominating monster going in to 2018 and they decide to keep him.

In other news, Demarco Murray is on a plane to Philadelphia to meet with Chip Kelly. This may be more than just a negotiating ploy to get Dallas to up their offer.

I don't get this whole off season. He sold the McCoy deal as being a trade for a stud MLB and CB, though that MLB has an ACL (like half the Eagles team now.) The Maclin thing was just a combo of KC going higher than anyone thought, and him wanting to play for Andy Reid again. Their stupid fault for even letting him get to FA.

This QB debacle is just a disaster. Unless the Rams really wanted Nick Foles (and if they did, they would have just done the trade straight-up), why wouldn't they have traded with these other teams that are allegedly offering 1st rounders for him? Kelly is self destructing before our eyes*.

*unless he really does have a master plan, in which case I reserve the right to take it all back. But that's not looking likely at this point.

Sounds like the Bears are gonna lock up WR Eddie Royal and S Antrel Rolle tonight, possibly S Ron Parker as well. Parker will get starter money. Royal and Rolle are depth/competition.

twitter

So the eagles put together an impromptu presses to intro Sam Bradford who said that even though it was hastily thrown together that it was way more media than he ever saw in St. Louis.

So are the Bears rebuilding or not? I don't get it.

I'd say they're simply trying to field a competent roster with hopes for a surprise. It feels like more than rebuilding because there are actual professionals running the football side of the organization.

twitter

Archived