2015 NFL Offseason

CS85

• Replies 956
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Hall of Fame hung up a big-ass banner with Seau in a Patriots uniform:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25261945/hall-of-fame-banner-shows-seau-in-patriots-jersey-chargers-fans-not-happy

This is just disrespectful. I know Seau played in New England for a few years, but he was the Chargers. This smacks of the league (and HOF) wanting to promote San Diego as little as possible because they already know the Chargers are moving to LA.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

The Hall of Fame hung up a big-ass banner with Seau in a Patriots uniform:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25261945/hall-of-fame-banner-shows-seau-in-patriots-jersey-chargers-fans-not-happy

This is just disrespectful. I know Seau played in New England for a few years, but he was the Chargers. This smacks of the league (and HOF) wanting to promote San Diego as little as possible because they already know the Chargers are moving to LA.

That seems pretty far fetched. Even if they do move to LA, they'll still be the Chargers. I chalk it up to either short memories from the HOF or just a bias towards it "not really counting" until he played for an important team like the Patriots.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

The Browns have a decent defense at least. Come to think about it, the Browns, Texans, Bills and Jets are basically the same team. Good defenses but serious questions at QB.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Yeah. The Browns would be a playoff team if they had good QB play. I could see the Niners being a huge disaster to the tune of 2-12, but it would still probably take a couple major injuries. It's almost as hard to go winless as it is undefeated, which is why we've only seen one of each in close to 40 years.

Fake edit: Checking the 49ers' schedule, it's REALLY hard this year. They're in the best division in football, and they play the Norths. I think all four AFCN teams are capable of making the playoffs, the Vikings are decent, and the Bears could be 7 or so wins respectable under a new coach. Their other two NFC games are the Giants and Falcons, who both sucked but won 6 games last year and have talent. It'll still be really hard for them to go winless, but they might flirt with it. There are no easy wins on their schedule.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

They'll beat the Rams. Just watch.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Good for Tomsula - http://deadspin.com/jim-tomsula-has-inspiring-words-for-aldon-smith-and-any-1722780471

I understand the platform that we are on. I understand where this goes in the news. And what I would like to say is if one person out there reads this, and you’re struggling, get help. Go get it. You’re worth it. You’re worth it. There’s value in every human being. Get the help. You don’t have to walk alone. Find it. It’s there. And although Aldon will not be playing football here, we will be supporting him. He will not be alone.

Now I feel small!

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Good for Tomsula - http://deadspin.com/jim-tomsula-has-inspiring-words-for-aldon-smith-and-any-1722780471

I understand the platform that we are on. I understand where this goes in the news. And what I would like to say is if one person out there reads this, and youre struggling, get help. Go get it. Youre worth it. Youre worth it. Theres value in every human being. Get the help. You dont have to walk alone. Find it. Its there. And although Aldon will not be playing football here, we will be supporting him. He will not be alone.

Now I feel small!

He was exceptional in addressing this.

Unfortunately, he shouldn't have been the one to meet the media. At least, the GM needed to address the public and/or ideally the owner.

If you had to make 5 bold predictions about the upcoming season, what would they be? Here are mine.

1. Steelers miss the playoffs and finish below .500.

2. Miami and Green Bay start the season 6-0.

3. The home team wins every game St. Louis plays in this year. The Rams go 8-8: 8-0 at home, 0-8 on the road.

4. Tennessee doesn't win a game until week 12, starting the season 0-10.

5. Arizona wins the NFC West but doesn't get a first round bye.

Some notes on my predictions:

Miami's first six games are @WAS, @JAX, BUF, NYJ, @TEN, HOU.

Green Bay's first six games are @CHI, SEA, KC, @SF, STL, SD.

Tennesse's first ten games are @TB, @CLE, IND, BUF, MIA, ATL, @HOU, @NO, CAR, @JAX

Since about half of the Rams' home games will be against hostile crowds, they're not going undefeated there.

That said, historically they do about as well on the road as they do at home.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Since about half of the Rams' home games will be against hostile crowds, they're not going undefeated there.

That said, historically they do about as well on the road as they do at home.

Their home opponents are Seattle, Arizona, San Fran, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Detroit, Chicago, and Tampa. To me, all 8 of those games are winnable.

Their road opponents are Seattle, Arizona, San Fran, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Green Bay, Minnesota, and Washington. I think they could lose all 8 of those games.

If you had to make 5 bold predictions about the upcoming season, what would they be? Here are mine.

1. Steelers miss the playoffs and finish below .500.

2. Miami and Green Bay start the season 6-0.

3. The home team wins every game St. Louis plays in this year. The Rams go 8-8: 8-0 at home, 0-8 on the road.

4. Tennessee doesn't win a game until week 12, starting the season 0-10.

5. Arizona wins the NFC West but doesn't get a first round bye.

Some notes on my predictions:

Miami's first six games are @WAS, @JAX, BUF, NYJ, @TEN, HOU.

Green Bay's first six games are @CHI, SEA, KC, @SF, STL, SD.

Tennesse's first ten games are @TB, @CLE, IND, BUF, MIA, ATL, @HOU, @NO, CAR, @JAX

Can we play that game in the new season thread? I'm copying pasting & responding over there...

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

Archived