2015 NFL Offseason

CS85

Redskins sign CB Chris Culliver to a 4 year deal.

So far in Free Agency, the Redskins have focused on defense:

DE Ricky Jean Francois

DT Stephen Paea

DT Terrance Knighton

CB Chris Culliver

I may be biased, but I really think the Redskins are winning at free agency. All 4 are pretty solid pick ups.

I like the D-Line pickups, but management is still neglecting the secondary and O-Line. The D-Line wasn't the biggest problem on the team last year. Plus, now we have to grab an additional pass rusher.

While I think building through the draft is usually the way to go, the team has so many holes right now I wouldn't mind an FA spending spree at all.

I know the Redskins were linked to Brandon Browner and Perrish Cox. Browner signed with the Saints, but as for Cox I believe he is still out there. The Redskins will probably replace Orakpo through the draft in the 1st round, but now multiple reports are surfacing that they may use the #5 pick on Marcus Mariota so who knows...

• Replies 956
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Redskins sign CB Chris Culliver to a 4 year deal.

So far in Free Agency, the Redskins have focused on defense:

DE Ricky Jean Francois

DT Stephen Paea

DT Terrance Knighton

CB Chris Culliver

I may be biased, but I really think the Redskins are winning at free agency. All 4 are pretty solid pick ups.

I like the D-Line pickups, but management is still neglecting the secondary and O-Line. The D-Line wasn't the biggest problem on the team last year. Plus, now we have to grab an additional pass rusher.

While I think building through the draft is usually the way to go, the team has so many holes right now I wouldn't mind an FA spending spree at all.

I know the Redskins were linked to Brandon Browner and Perrish Cox. Browner signed with the Saints, but as for Cox I believe he is still out there. The Redskins will probably replace Orakpo through the draft in the 1st round, but now multiple reports are surfacing that they may use the #5 pick on Marcus Mariota so who knows...
That's why I avoided listing QB on the list of "major needs" I don't want another year of plug and playing 3 guys and seeing who sticks. But they need to be able to keep him alive too.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Murray goes to division rival for 5 years? Bummer, but that's not a contract that the Cowboys need right now with his history. Also, Dallas' O-Line is great so I'm sure they find someone to get 4-5 yards a carry on the cheap.

Murray goes to division rival for 5 years? Bummer, but that's not a contract that the Cowboys need right now with his history. Also, Dallas' O-Line is great so I'm sure they find someone to get 4-5 yards a carry on the cheap.

They will draft a RB in the first three rounds. As of this post, they have picks 27, 60, and 91

The current roster has the following RBs, none of which can average 4 YPC:

Darren McFadden

Ryan Williams

Joseph Randle

Lance Dunbar

Jed Collins

McFadden and Williams are both on 2-year contracts. Dunbar is a low tendered FA, so if the cowboys fail to match and offer sheet, they would not receive compensation.

Bradford is interesting....He was 14 in college, and that's available too

Your new #1 receiver owns it.

Eagles_Riley_Cooper_2013.jpg

Damn how could I forget that?

Wonder if he wants to fight that jersey.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

They will draft a RB in the first three rounds. As of this post, they have picks 27, 60, and 91

Darren McFadden

Ryan Williams

Joseph Randle

Lance Dunbar

Jed Collins

McFadden and Williams are both on 2-year contracts. Dunbar is a low tendered FA, so if the cowboys fail to match and offer sheet, they would not receive compensation.

Dallas might be trying a committee. Hard for fantasy owners but I'm not sure I'm against the idea. Defense still needs a lot of help

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Darren McFadden

Ryan Williams

Joseph Randle

Lance Dunbar

Jed Collins

Dallas might be trying a committee. Hard for fantasy owners but I'm not sure I'm against the idea. Defense still needs a lot of help

Yeah, this isn't a bad idea until we find a replacement back for Murray in the draft. Our defense needs more attention than our offense.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Darren McFadden

Ryan Williams

Joseph Randle

Lance Dunbar

Jed Collins

They picked up Run DMC? I always liked him, but he couldn't stay on the field. He should be fine as part of a committee like someone else mentioned. I'm also willing to bet that contract has a clause in it somewhere regarding injuries. I'm ok with this.

If McFadden can stay healthy (and behind this offensive line that's a good possibility), this is a steal of deal for Dallas.

Compare 2 years at 8 million to 5 years for 42 million, no contest.

However; Dallas may probably Draft a RB in the Draft.

The McFadden contract is valued (max.) at $5.85M.

However, if you think the OL will keep him healthy, think again. He has had foot, hamstring and groin injuries (and the Cowboys have always had hamstring issues under Garrett).

If McFadden can stay healthy (and behind this offensive line that's a good possibility), this is a steal of deal for Dallas.

However, if you think the OL will keep him healthy, think again. He has had foot, hamstring and groin injuries (and the Cowboys have always had hamstring issues under Garrett).

He said "if" he can stay healthy. No need to be a d*** about it.

I agree with him. If he can stay healthy, this could be a steal.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

He said "if" he can stay healthy. No need to be a d*** about it.

I agree with him. If he can stay healthy, this could be a steal.

Could've waited six hours to claim Trent Richardson.

Richardson right now seems like a toxic situation. Didn't stop Jerry from signing previous trouble makers like Tank Johnson and PacMan Jones. McFadden, while more injury prone I think is a little safer then Richardson.

But not by much.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Richardson right now seems like a toxic situation. Didn't stop Jerry from signing previous trouble makers like Tank Johnson and PacMan Jones. McFadden, while more injury prone I think is a little safer then Richardson.

But not by much.

When you TRADE with Baltimore for Ronaldo McClain you can claim Trent Richardson.

WR Stevie Johnson will meet with Patriots. That should go well.

CAF_vifWMAEGCtI.jpg

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Redskins sign former Seahawks safety Jeron Johnson.

I've said it once and I'll say it again... The Redskins are simply playing free agency smart and winning (on the defensive side of course). All 5 free agency signings have been on defense.

DE Ricky Jean Francois

DT Stephen Paea

DT Terrance Knighton

CB Chris Culliver

S Jeron Johnson

They are spending money wisely instead of loading all their money into one player's contract like Dan Snyder is prone to doing.

Archived