2015 NFL Offseason

CS85

• Replies 956
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://neworleans.suntimes.com/nola-sports/new-orleans-saints/7/126/116312/saints-trade-brees-jameis/

So apparently there's a rumor that New Orleans may trade Drew Brees to Tampa Bay for the #1 pick.

0.0001% chance this actually happens.

HOWEVER!....

If the Bucs think they can "win now" with the personnel they have and bring in some other key vets, then I say go for it. It'd be like a Peyton-to-Denver move, where you've got about 3 years of good football left in the guy. And what's Tampa REALLY go to lose (besides a probable bust with the #1 pick), right?

6uXNWAo.png

So are the Bears rebuilding or not? I don't get it.

I'd say they're simply trying to field a competent roster with hopes for a surprise. It feels like more than rebuilding because there are actual professionals running the football side of the organization.

That sounds fair. The NFL isn't conducive to the big teardown and subsequent rebuild. "Try your best and hope" is pretty much what everyone has to do, and it's encouraging that the Bears are just doing what everyone else is doing, instead of, you know, making random people eat lunch together or kicking on second down or "growing the man" or whatever the hell else they did the last two years.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

So are the Bears rebuilding or not? I don't get it.

I'd say they're simply trying to field a competent roster with hopes for a surprise. It feels like more than rebuilding because there are actual professionals running the football side of the organization.

That sounds fair. The NFL isn't conducive to the big teardown and subsequent rebuild. "Try your best and hope" is pretty much what everyone has to do, and it's encouraging that the Bears are just doing what everyone else is doing, instead of, you know, making random people eat lunch together or kicking on second down or "growing the man" or whatever the hell else they did the last two years.

Agreed. Their McPHee introductory press conference was delightfully boring.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

http://neworleans.suntimes.com/nola-sports/new-orleans-saints/7/126/116312/saints-trade-brees-jameis/

So apparently there's a rumor that New Orleans may trade Drew Brees to Tampa Bay for the #1 pick.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!! As if an intelligent professional sports team would trade their established face of the franchise, star player, for some prospect with exactly zero days of playing time in the league. Then again, this is the Saints were talking about…

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!! As if an intelligent professional sports team would trade their established face of the franchise, star player, for some prospect with exactly zero days of playing time in the league. Then again, this is the Saints were talking about…

I'd be shocked if it happened, but the Bucs would be fools to do this unless they think they can win in the next 2 years. Brees is a 36 year old QB who benefits from Payton's system and playing in a Dome for at least 9 games a year.

New Orleans is doing nothing this year and likely nothing for the rest of Brees' career. It's not like he's been with the team his whole time in the league. If the Bucs are amenable, the Saints should do this. Start fixing the cap situation and move forward with whatever Winston turns out to be.

PJU85JF.png

DeMarco Murray is likely to become an Eagle some time today

Now I don't get the McCoy move.

If I'm paying top dollar for a RB, which I think is a mistake to begin with, I'd rather have McCoy than Murray. I like Chip Kelly, so I'd like to think there's some genius masterplan that we all just don't see yet... but it's looking less and less likely with every move they make.

IUe6Hvh.png

DeMarco Murray is likely to become an Eagle some time today

Now I don't get the McCoy move.

If I'm paying top dollar for a RB, which I think is a mistake to begin with, I'd rather have McCoy than Murray. I like Chip Kelly, so I'd like to think there's some genius masterplan that we all just don't see yet... but it's looking less and less likely with every move they make.

Kelly and McCoy did not get along. There is a long form story from ESPN The Magazine detailing their issues going into the 2014 season. Plus, McCoy is as "north/south" of a runner that Murray is.

That said, 5 for $42M ($21 guaranteed) is reportedly the offer the Eagles have given Murray.

DeMarco Murray just got $21M guaranteed over 5 years.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Actually proud of Jerry. He stuck to his guns and didn't overpay. It sucks to lose Murray, especially to the Iggles, but at least we won't be stuck with another cap draining contract.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Actually proud of Jerry. He stuck to his guns and didn't overpay. It sucks to lose Murray, especially to the Iggles, but at least we won't be stuck with another cap draining contract.

I don' think it is Jerry.

It's Stephen. Stephen was the one who worked the Draft Room and took Zack Martin. Jerry is on record that he would have taken Manziel.

Keep in mind that all of this week, Jerry was in court testifying on the Super Bowl seat lawsuit.

Kelly turned McCoy into Murray and Alonso. That's pretty good. Their QB sucks, but I don't think the Costnering is quite done.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

It's Stephen. Stephen was the one who worked the Draft Room and took Zack Martin. Jerry is on record that he would have taken Manziel.

Keep in mind that all of this week, Jerry was in court testifying on the Super Bowl seat lawsuit.

Ah, true. Either way the Cowboys are actually being smart and it's weirding me out.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Ah, true. Either way the Cowboys are actually being smart and it's weirding me out.
Defensively, they just lost Bruce Carter and Melton.

Remember, they must restructure the Romo contract...again.

Archived