2015 NFL Offseason

CS85

FA this year is so crazy,I can't even keep up.

Otherways,it's kinda of crazy to have two of Philly's best players (Shady and Foles),get traded to other teams (Bills and Rams).

Expect the Eagles to falter this season.

Foles was far from good last season. Essentially, he regressed to what he is/will be. 2013 was an outlier.

• Replies 956
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He was horrible last year, but I think overall he's closer to 13 than 14. It helped that he had desean Jackson, McCoy, and a good line here, but I think he can succeed in a more traditional offense.

Lol at Bradford saying it was nice to finally be back in a place where people care about football. Ouch.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The one with 12 kids(Cromartie) makes a return to the Jets.

Cromartie and Revis roaming the Jets secondary feels just like old times, although Cro has almost nothing left in the tank.

.....It's 12 children now? He's still got his soldiers, I see.

6uXNWAo.png

Redskins just stole Knighton with a 1yr, $4m contract. Definitely playing for a long-term megadeal in 2016.

Looks like the Browns are kicking tires on Dwayne Bowe.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Chiefs release Dwayne Bowe. Not 2010 Dwayne Bowe who caught 15 TD passes, 2014 Dwayne Bowe who caught 0.

To be fair to Bowe....none of the Chiefs' WR's had a touchdown reception in 2014. Which is really hard to do, especially in today's NFL.

Seemed like Bowe was always getting suspended for the first couple games in each season....

The Eagles offense after the 2013 season, when they lost to the Saints in the playoffs:

Foles/Vick, McCoy/Bryce Brown, Jackson/Maclin(IR)/Cooper/Avant

After another 10-6 season, it's now this 14 months later:

Bradford/Sanchez, Murray/Mathews, ___/Cooper/Matthews/Huff

...and that doesn't include the change at RG (Herremans to ___), possibly a change at LG if Mathis is traded, and the kicker change (Henery to Parkey)

This offseason has been absolutely insane since Chip took over

The Eagles' moves over the offseason:

A recap (as far as I know)

IN:

DeMarco Murray (FA)

Sam Bradford (Trade)

Kiko Alonso (Trade)

OUT:

Jeremy Maclin(FA)

LeSean McCoy (Trade)

Nick Foles (Trade)

How do y'all feel?

tinysig.jpg

You're missing the signings of Byron Maxwell (SEA), Ryan Mathews (SD), Brad Jones (GB) and Walter Thurmond III (NYG), and the losses of Trent Cole (IND), Todd Herremans (IND), Cary Williams (SEA) and Nate Allen (OAK)

Merged the EAGLES Offseason thread with the general NFL Offseason thread.

Thanks.

The Eagles 2015 offseason reminds me a bit of when Daniel Snyder took over in Washington, and picked up his favorite 1990s superstars - Deion Sanders, Bruce Smith, Andre Reed, Mark Carrier and Jeff George, plus drafting LaVar Arrington and Chris Samuels with the 2nd and 3rd pick in the draft. It was a total roster overhaul, but the team's record feel two games.

It's fun to add a bunch of new players, but so much change at once works better in Madden than with actual NFL teams. Good luck to the Eagles, but this seems like a weird approach to building a franchise.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Eagles generally don't assign numbers until first mini camp, but have done so (at least tentative numbers) already for this year's acquisitions.

Sam Bradford - 7 (we'll see if he ever actually wears it)

Byron Maxwell - 31

Ryan Mathews - 24

DeMarco Murray - 29

Kiko Alonzo - 50

Bradford is interesting. The punter has 8, so you'd think he could get that if he wanted it. He was 14 in college, and that's available too, but he chose 7. At least I think he chose jt - may have just been assigned.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Redskins sign CB Chris Culliver to a 4 year deal.

So far in Free Agency, the Redskins have focused on defense:

DE Ricky Jean Francois

DT Stephen Paea

DT Terrance Knighton

CB Chris Culliver

I may be biased, but I really think the Redskins are winning at free agency. All 4 are pretty solid pick ups.

Redskins sign CB Chris Culliver to a 4 year deal.

So far in Free Agency, the Redskins have focused on defense:

DE Ricky Jean Francois

DT Stephen Paea

DT Terrance Knighton

CB Chris Culliver

I may be biased, but I really think the Redskins are winning at free agency. All 4 are pretty solid pick ups.

I like the D-Line pickups, but management is still neglecting the secondary and O-Line. The D-Line wasn't the biggest problem on the team last year. Plus, now we have to grab an additional pass rusher.

While I think building through the draft is usually the way to go, the team has so many holes right now I wouldn't mind an FA spending spree at all.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Archived