Las Vegas (Something) Knights NHL concept

sparkychewbarky

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would you consider doing a similar series for a possible upcoming Seattle NHL franchise?

Hi Crabcake. I did a Seattle Kraken concept in my 4 NHL Teams... thread.

I think you should make Jabberwockey's color scheme fit in better with the rest of the franchise. Swap in black for the green, and red for the purple, and he'll be set. The name doesn't match the rest of the concept very well either, but I know that's a pet theme of yours.

Yeah, the name's a bit out there. I just like saying "Jabberwockey Hockey".

Good advice on the colours. It does tie the mascot in to the colour scheme better.

Thanks s.

bk2-030.jpg

On some other sites, folks were lamenting the fact that a "Black Knights" theme would encourage some unwanted Monty Python humour.

I say "Bring it on!".

The Game-Ops crew could have a lot of fun with the Python material...

bk2-027.jpg

bk2-025.jpg

bk2-026.jpg

bk2-028.jpg

bk2-029.jpg

two quick notes. One do you have any with just the score graphics and two. You'd think you would do the kings players On penalty

28ahpn4.jpg

NbyQSAg.pngODa02WA.pngChTDCVV.png

Would you consider doing a similar series for a possible upcoming Seattle NHL franchise?

I think you should make Jabberwockey's color scheme fit in better with the rest of the franchise. Swap in black for the green, and red for the purple, and he'll be set. The name doesn't match the rest of the concept very well either, but I know that's a pet theme of yours.

Good advice on the colours. It does tie the mascot in to the colour scheme better.

Thanks s.

bk2-030.jpg

Oh yeah... Forgot about that;)

spacer.png

This concept annoys me. There's a good chance that the real Vaegs team doesn't look nearly as good as this, we'll all have to sit here and wonder what could have been.

Like always, you've created a beautiful and extremely unique identity. I personally prefer the Sword/Star logo as the primary for that reason. I like the knight head, but the Star represents both the team name and city in a more unique way, while being an extremely strong logo in general.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

This concept annoys me. There's a good chance that the real Vaegs team doesn't look nearly as good as this, we'll all have to sit here and wonder what could have been.

Thanks Lafarge.

...Still playing around with some unis.

I thought I'd try a super-traditional approach, with the classic 2-stripe style.

Again, I don't think we need another black uni, so I've gone with gold...

bk2-031.jpg

...and dark grey...

bk2-%20032.jpg

Not a knock on your skills but I don't like this identity for a Las Vegas hockey team. The Kings, Penguins, and Bruins seem to have some of these bases covered already (theme, colorway).

Anyway this all still looks great and I do anticipate will be much better than what we'll actually be seeing on the ice. It baffles me how streamlined your work continues to be, with not a single rushed idea to date.

Midway.png

Not a knock on your skills but I don't like this identity for a Las Vegas hockey team. The Kings, Penguins, and Bruins seem to have some of these bases covered already (theme, colorway).

Anyway this all still looks great and I do anticipate will be much better than what we'll actually be seeing on the ice. It baffles me how streamlined your work continues to be, with not a single rushed idea to date.

Thanks Midway. I agree with you on the identity.

If they're going down that path, "Knights" with some leeway on a colour palette, would be much more workable.

...A couple of more "merch" logos...

- a neon version of the "Vegas Star"...

bk2-032.jpg

- and I revisited the "Flag" logo...

bk2-033.jpg

The "BK" logo is simply perfect. Top notch. Looks like as if the guys from Brandiose have designed it. The cap looks great.

Jabberwockey looked sweet before, but even looks a lot better now after using your LVBK color scheme. Great work, Sparky!

Geez, I really fell in love with that "BK" flag logo!

P.S.: Just saw one thing, asking myself if you need that line?

bk2-033_zps4betsl87.jpg

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

Guest darkpiranha

That BK Flag is awesome! Play around with that some more. Bring some red into it.

Also, I can't believe you missed out on a great merchandising angle. Show images of hockey players with various injuries glaring at the camera with a tagline "It's just a flesh wound." Or maybe you just haven't released it YET.

The "BK" logo is simply perfect. Top notch. Looks like as if the guys from Brandiose have designed it. The cap looks great.

Jabberwockey looked sweet before, but even looks a lot better now after using your LVBK color scheme. Great work, Sparky!

bk2-033_zps4betsl87.jpg

I'll bet its there to create a spade on the top.

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

bk2-033_zps4betsl87.jpg

Yeah, probably. I just think it might look better without it.

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

Thanks s.

bk2-030.jpg

This reminds me of the children's operetta turned Disney movie I sang in high school.

Here's the cover of the book that I had.

$wm1_0x700_$_BH619680_cov.jpg

If this is intentional that's awesome. If its not, still awesome.

The traditional jersey looks really good, but i think the non-traditional looks better with the identity.

Thanks atwarren...a little something for everyone.

That BK Flag is awesome! Play around with that some more. Bring some red into it.

Also, I can't believe you missed out on a great merchandising angle. Show images of hockey players with various injuries glaring at the camera with a tagline "It's just a flesh wound." Or maybe you just haven't released it YET.

Thanks darkp...

How did I miss that one?

Maybe that actual clip from the movie could be played on the 'Tron after a fight, big hit, etc...

bk2-040.jpg

This reminds me of the children's operetta turned Disney movie I sang in high school.

Here's the cover of the book that I had.

$wm1_0x700_$_BH619680_cov.jpg

If this is intentional that's awesome. If its not, still awesome.

Thanks SG... The knight-and-dragon's a pretty common theme.

You've got St. George, "Dragonheart", Mike the Knight and his dragon buddies, Jabberwockey vs. Alice, etc...

bk2-033_zps4betsl87.jpg

Yeah, probably. I just think it might look better without it.

Thanks for the feedback.

You're both right on this one. It was put in to create a spade, but yes, it was pretty heavy-handed.

The spade symbol in a deck of cards, was actually symbolizing a pike-head.

I tried 2 versions...without a dividing line and with a small one...

bk2-038.jpg

Archived