Las Vegas (Something) Knights NHL concept

sparkychewbarky

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 10 months later...

An update...

It looks like Las Vegas's new NHL franchise will be called the "Black Knights" or "Knights".

Mr. Foley, the man who's shelling out $500 million for the team, wants "Black Knights" as the name, and he deserves to get what he wants.

I've sent in a complete "Black Knights" concept....(you can see the presentation here on ISSUU)

I did up a whack of logos...

DATSYUK%20logos8.jpeg

Before settling on these as the primary and secondary...

LVK-02.jpg

I did up a bunch of unis, but these were my faves...

LVK-01.jpg

Thanks to all for the feedback and CC.

We'll see what happens next week.

sparky

I honestly am looking at all the logos done for the Knights, and i like the Horse & Crown along with the Front facing Knight with LV in it the most. The final product does look really good though, and am happy to see an update.

Did you ever get any feedback on this though?

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

5 hours ago, Zeus89725 said:

Perfect. I think that the 'BK' flag logo deserves to be in there somewhere, along with the rearing horse and the front-facing knight.

If this is what they unveiled I would certainly not be upset!

Thanks Z. The "BK" logo was my fave, but the "helmet-banner" seemed to be more popular.

3 hours ago, ScreamingViking said:

Though I prefer your Aces concept more, this is - as always - a stellar concept. I raise my lance to you.

I suspect the Black Knight name is Foley's preference, but maybe he'll like the military themes in the Aces concept more.

Thanks Viking..."Black Knights" also has a military origin. It's the team of Foley's West Point.

2 hours ago, KittSmith_95 said:

I honestly am looking at all the logos done for the Knights, and i like the Horse & Crown along with the Front facing Knight with LV in it the most. The final product does look really good though, and am happy to see an update.

Did you ever get any feedback on this though?

Hi Kitt...Haven't got any feedback at all...yet.

I may hear something AFTER the announcement is made official, and the Vegas group can then talk publicly about the team/process/etc.

We'll see...it's a long shot.

Yes and yes.  Penguins at the Pittsburgh Zoo and horses come to town once a year in Vegas during the national rodeo finals. Googled it all by myself. Great job on the concept though Sparky.  Let's all hope they pick something half as good. 

Guest darkpiranha

I've never rooted for a logo design to be adopted more than this one.  Excited to see it (and Aces) getting some play out in the real world.  Good luck, Sparky!  

Like I said, on your Aces thread, I feel like that is the stronger identity, leaving this as the lesser (the word inferior doesn't really work for a concept this good). 

I understand the argument for Foley picking, but he's looking to sell a brand and merchandise to the city. Does that mean he'll fail because he picked the wrong identity? Almost certainly not, but letting the city choose has its own set of advantages (sense of ownership, hype and a bump to resonanting with your fanbase). Trying to bring hockey to such a risky locale, you'd think he'd want as many advantages as possible.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

19 hours ago, Totems!! said:

Yes and yes.  Penguins at the Pittsburgh Zoo and horses come to town once a year in Vegas during the national rodeo finals. Googled it all by myself. Great job on the concept though Sparky.  Let's all hope they pick something half as good. 

Yep...we certainly raised the bar, Totems.

8 hours ago, darkpiranha said:

I've never rooted for a logo design to be adopted more than this one.  Excited to see it (and Aces) getting some play out in the real world.  Good luck, Sparky!  

Thanks darkp. Much appreciated.

7 hours ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

Like I said, on your Aces thread, I feel like that is the stronger identity, leaving this as the lesser (the word inferior doesn't really work for a concept this good). 

I understand the argument for Foley picking, but he's looking to sell a brand and merchandise to the city. Does that mean he'll fail because he picked the wrong identity? Almost certainly not, but letting the city choose has its own set of advantages (sense of ownership, hype and a bump to resonanting with your fanbase). Trying to bring hockey to such a risky locale, you'd think he'd want as many advantages as possible.

I think, BeerGuy, that there will be a naming contest,

but "Aces" will be dismissed by stating that the league doesn't want a "gambling" name. (even though it's an aviation theme)

"Knights" or "Black Knights" would then get the nod.

On 6/16/2016 at 7:45 PM, sparky chewbarky said:

Thanks Viking..."Black Knights" also has a military origin. It's the team of Foley's West Point.

I am aware of Army's team name(s). I was just saying that assuming that Black Knights or Knights is the official name, a heavy medieval Knights theme may not be Foley's preference (also it brings up comparisons to that goofy Excaliber Hotel). But you did so much great work on the Aces concept (which IMHO is the better identity) that I think there's hope for you getting a shot at a less-medieval, more-military Knights concept. Best of luck to you!

Also, though it hasn't been said much on this board, I think focusing on the "Battle Born" phrasing is a total win for both the military and medieval brands. It's the perfect meeting of local history (the state logo) and the player identity (a tough, hardened team). And I loved that instrumental Killers track on your promo video awhile back.

On 3/20/2015 at 11:04 AM, sparky chewbarky said:

Away Uniforms

I pretty much just swapped out the grey for white on these...

bk-008.jpg

Not trying to pull a Dallas Cowboys on you but that white uniform with the black pants looks very sweet that the gold and red pop out. Same with the pewter jerseys!

On 6/16/2016 at 1:44 PM, sparky chewbarky said:

An update...

It looks like Las Vegas's new NHL franchise will be called the "Black Knights" or "Knights".

Mr. Foley, the man who's shelling out $500 million for the team, wants "Black Knights" as the name, and he deserves to get what he wants.

I've sent in a complete "Black Knights" concept....(you can see the presentation here on ISSUU)

I did up a whack of logos...

DATSYUK%20logos8.jpeg

Before settling on these as the primary and secondary...

LVK-02.jpg

I did up a bunch of unis, but these were my faves...

LVK-01.jpg

Thanks to all for the feedback and CC.

We'll see what happens next week.

sparky

Oh I didn't see this one, but I still like the white jerseys. You made the pewter look more like charcoal grey now. GOOD!!! That is a nice color combo. Grey, black, and white. Grey, black, purple, and white would look good for the Ravens. If this Hockey team could pull a good grey off, then the Ravens might need to ditch mustard gold for a grey color.

This presentation is sick... I'll be even more annoyed if they unveil crap unis because I'll know they had an amazing option! Great job sparky!

spacer.png

Archived