Teams without logos representing their names

ltjets21

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An abstract bull head isn't a Texan. Granted a stereotypical Texan would make a better cowboys logo. Perhaps they could have tried to have the logo be something representing the Texas Revolution. However the last team to try that got heavy protest from Mexican interest groups and was forced to change (Dynamo were originally Houston 1836)

An abstract bull head isn't a Texan. Granted a stereotypical Texan would make a better cowboys logo. Perhaps they could have tried to have the logo be something representing the Texas Revolution. However the last team to try that got heavy protest from Mexican interest groups and was forced to change (Dynamo were originally Houston 1836)

414.gif

Yea they should just use this! Yee haw!

The Angels don't have a single logo (currently) of the city(s) they represent

The OP was focused on team names, not city names, but anyway... couldn't the A represent Anaheim?

And couldn't the halo represent Los Angeles?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Currently the A represents Angels.

Even back in the Anaheim days it still mostly represented Angels because they had an Anaheim script for 2 years that used the A, but everything else was Angels. Just look at their page on the mothership and you can see that the A represented Anaheim once.

IbjBaeE.png

414.gif

Yea they should just use this! Yee haw!

This ain't that pansy ass European football, this is 'Murican football!!!

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

As for a logo that doesn't represent their team name, how about the Capitals. No Capitol Building and no capital letters (not counting the city name portion)

llrs2zxi127vkqgcsvfb.gif

Though, they do have a logo that represents the name. Just not the primary.b9hvwjslf7jzh18ej6y4.png

This applies to the Bruins too.h3y62vqzbcu7br7bogzk.png

So that leaves Montreal as the only NHL team.

I'll take issue with Montréal because the "team name" is just a shortened form of the full team name, Le club de hockey canadien

Basically, it either represents the team name, or there is no team name to represent.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

NBA- Warriors, Pistons, Clippers, Lakers, Knicks, Nets (I know the shield is somewhat shaped like a net, but it's a stretch), Jazz, Thunder, I'll give the Nuggets a pass because the mountain sort of alludes to gold mining).

NHL is pretty much just the Bruins, Capitals and Canadiens.

NFL- Browns, Cowboys, Packers, Giants, Jets, 49ers, Bills.

The MLB has cap logos and the other primary logos that go on stadium walls, merchandise, etc so I won't touch that.

Jazz I disagree with---a giant music note can definitely allude to jazz. Although the note should be mainly blue. I agree that the Jazz' current shade of blue is boring, and that they should have some purple in the color scheme, but with that name, a blue note only makes sense for their logo.

Bills I also disagree with, sort of---their logo is a picture of part of their name, just the city part rather than the mascot, which is a unique way of doing things.

Is their main primary logo not this?

m2leygieeoy40t46n1qqv0550.gif

sig.png

NBA- Warriors, Pistons, Clippers, Lakers, Knicks, Nets (I know the shield is somewhat shaped like a net, but it's a stretch), Jazz, Thunder, I'll give the Nuggets a pass because the mountain sort of alludes to gold mining).

NHL is pretty much just the Bruins, Capitals and Canadiens.

NFL- Browns, Cowboys, Packers, Giants, Jets, 49ers, Bills.

The MLB has cap logos and the other primary logos that go on stadium walls, merchandise, etc so I won't touch that.

Jazz I disagree with---a giant music note can definitely allude to jazz. Although the note should be mainly blue. I agree that the Jazz' current shade of blue is boring, and that they should have some purple in the color scheme, but with that name, a blue note only makes sense for their logo.

Bills I also disagree with, sort of---their logo is a picture of part of their name, just the city part rather than the mascot, which is a unique way of doing things.

Is their main primary logo not this?

m2leygieeoy40t46n1qqv0550.gif

I thought it was the basketball/musical note

Technically, it's the mountains. But only because the NBA would charge them a fee to change it, so they pretend it's still the primary while using the note as the primary almost everywhere it counts.

Which sums up everything wrong with NBA branding

With NBA team values skyrocketing, I'd expect a few more owners to change the primary logo when a rebranding occurs, as we've seen with the Bucks, Clippers, and Wizards. I guess we should thank the new TV money?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The Canadiens' logo is an abbreviation of the team name, for whatever it's worth.

I'd say the fact that the abstract bull head is done up as the Texas state flag is enough to convey the team name.

As for a logo that doesn't represent their team name, how about the Capitals. No Capitol Building and no capital letters (not counting the city name portion)

llrs2zxi127vkqgcsvfb.gif

Though, they do have a logo that represents the name. Just not the primary.b9hvwjslf7jzh18ej6y4.png

They're not the Capitols. The three stars from the DC flag represent "Capitals" enough, IMO. That doesn't mean it's a good logo, but it does represent the capital.

Yankees

Dodgers

Oakland Athletics

NY Football and SF Giants

Mariners

Seattle Supersonics

49ers

Packers

Browns (not quite sure how you would represent that)

Mets (what is metropolitan in the plural form?)

Islanders

NY and Texas Rangers

Texans

Astros

Canadians

Canucks

Most soccer teams (Sporting KC, Real Madrid)

Heat (sort of)

Wild (sort of)

Padres

Crimson Tide

Syracuse Orange

Stanford Cardinal

Miami Hurricanes

Michigan Wolverines

Iowa State Cyclones (sort of)

Utah Utes (sort of)

North Carolina Tar Heels (they use it in a technicality, but what is a Tar Heel?)

University Of North Dakota

That's all I got

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

Archived