San Diego Padres - Rebrand

whchoclte

Personally I hate the Padres current look. It has gotten to the place of complete blandness to me.

Got bored on train rides into city and wanted to share the final product of a rebrand idea I had.

Dont post often with time constraints , but here goes.

Hope you enjoy. I made a quick booklet (copy and paste link below)

http://www.flipsnack.com/UnlikeInk/san-diego-padres-unlike-ink.html

Padres%201.jpg

Padres%202.jpg

Padres%203%20Tan_2.jpg

Padres%203a%20Tan.jpg

Well done! The primary logo is absolutely beautiful, roundel aside. Could you put a yellow brim on any of the caps? I don't think it would take away from your look, but it could make for a nice road cap.

Holy Cow! What a job!

Minor comments: I think the gold letters look sharper for the home uniform, brown letters for the road. I would also put the Swinging friar on the home sleeve. Lastly, I'm not crazy about the custom number font. The Angels and Rangers already use a bumpy custom font. Maybe they're a little too thin but I think something more standard would be good for the Padres here.

Fantastic work. The MLB is in love with roundel logos, so you got that down with some of that here, but you added some extra spice with the nice lettering and the mission building. I also like your new take on the SD monogram. The lettering is giving me a "western" vibe, but still has unique concave rounded corners and details that seem perfect for the brown Padres.

Great work overall. The monogram logo looks sweet and the Friar got a good swing! My only nitpick: I just wish the wordmark typography was a little bolder! It's totally okay in the primary, but – in my view - too thin in the wordmark.

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

Wow. Very impressive. The main mark and the alternate "Swinging Padre" mark should be adopted immediately. A couple of the best fan entries I've seen here in some time. Also, the migration back to the brown and gold palette would be a welcome change. Nicely done.

I love it but I do have a gripe, which is that the jersey itself is a little plain. It could use a bit more yellow or maybe even a different template. It does look better on Shields and Kemp in the mockup, though. Other than that, great job.

Yeah, their current set is pretty boring and doesn't represent the past at all.

I think you really nailed it with these. I do like the brown number set the best.

Nice job.

This is great. I really like almost all of it, but there is something about how the top of the S and the D interact that doesn't quite look right to me. I know they currently interlock the letters like that, but in your logo it doesn't seem to work so well. I would put the white outline around both sides of the letters and make them appear to interlock (right now the S is lying on top of the D).

award%20sig.png

I can't imagine liking this more:) Wonderful job.

You have done what the San Diego organization either can't, or won't do, and that is bring the Padre motif back to life. There are no better colors for doing just that than brown and gold, and I really like the deep brown and yellow/orange that you used in this project.

I like your lettering font, and the Mission architecture that inspired it. I have visited several of the California missions, and the angles and curves are fitting, and I get a slight Spanish touch to the look of the letters. Great look.

Your Friar is great also. You kept the basic look, but his face is more in line with the current mascot.

Every time I see something like this, I always love it as a Padres fan, and a fan of the original colors, but it is also a little bit frustrating to know that the actual org. just doesn't have this kind of creativity, or is unwilling to bring it front and center. If they were to use just one piece of your rebrand on their current uniforms, they would be helped immensely, not to mention using it altogether :)

Great work !!

Yes its a custom font.

And thanks for all the comments and feedback.

When designing it there were alot of thoughts on how far to take it, add waves, go script. Being a baseball fan I always found a liking for the simplicity and elegance in most logos. Now thats not to say jam a lettermark in a circle and call it a day, that the easy way out.

I will look into maybe bumping up the thickness of the lettering and maybe go slightly more vertical too, this way it doesnt look so stocky. Cover more of the jersey. Could also go yellow letters on gray jersey too, just to add more pop, but never been a fan of diff color lettering on gray and white jerseys. We shall see.

Archived