My NBA Self-Redemption (Pelicans)

jaker52

School is just about done so now I go from being busy all the time to being bored all the time. I will take on what was my first project here on the boards. (it was BAD) It lasted like 3 hours but I got like half of the league done. I have also done nothing but soccer on the boards for the last 8 months or so.

I will start with my local team here. Memphis needed something with less colors and more of a simple, clean look.

Screen_Shot_2015_05_16_at_10_44_50_AM.pn

Screen_Shot_2015_05_16_at_10_45_46_AM.pn

Screen_Shot_2015_05_16_at_10_44_00_AM.pn

I got the striping idea from the Memphis flag and thought I could make it fit in with their look. Screen_Shot_2015_05_16_at_10_20_55_AM.pn

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

MUNCHEN LOWEN (WAFA) GULF SHORES OSPREYS (IBL)

There's not much wrong with it but there's nothing special about it either. I guess you succeeded in making what you wanted so I guess you did a good job.

97uyh0.jpg

Bruh check out my last.fm

And my Rate Your Music

Fantasy Teams: Seattle Spacemen (CFA)

Signature credit to Silent Wind of Doom

This has nothing against you, but I have always found the Grizzlies' triple blue color scheme very, very boring. The lack of gold makes these a little too bland for my taste, but they still beat the uniforms they have now. Overall, you did a nice job creating a modern design, especially considering the color palette you had to work with.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

These are nice but its lacking some stuff. Try having the home say Grizzlies, make the striping go all the way down the shorts, the alt shouldnt look remotely similar to the Christmas jerseys I dont care the reasoning why it just doesnt work on an NBA uniform. Adding the yellow would be better if it was used for very subtle accents or maybe even make the yellow a metallic gold.

I like the striping design and its connection with the flag, and I like the wordmark you used as opposed to the arched text. However, the lack of yellow makes the whole look a little boring. I'd take this opportunity to completely revamp the color scheme, maybe a brown base or something similar to the team's original colors.

These are nice but its lacking some stuff. Try having the home say Grizzlies, make the striping go all the way down the shorts, the alt shouldnt look remotely similar to the Christmas jerseys I dont care the reasoning why it just doesnt work on an NBA uniform. Adding the yellow would be better if it was used for very subtle accents or maybe even make the yellow a metallic gold.

I do agree with the others who have suggested that the color scheme could be improved. You could go in multiple directions, and I'm interested to see what you might do on that front.

I also agree with KingChandler that the logo doesn't work as well as a wordmark on a jersey like that.

I disagree with him, though, on the idea that the home jersey needs to say Grizzlies. Less than half the NBA wears mascot name on home and city name on the road. Some people suggest doing this every time a concept is released that doesn't do this, and I appreciate when designers go away from this on some of their concepts for something different. I prefer them emphasizing their city name over a mascot name that doesn't have much history in the city.

I also like the short stripes because you showed the flag. Now I understand why you angle them like that, and I like how it further ties in to the city.

award%20sig.png

I do agree with the others who have suggested that the color scheme could be improved. You could go in multiple directions, and I'm interested to see what you might do on that front.

I also agree with KingChandler that the logo doesn't work as well as a wordmark on a jersey like that.

I disagree with him, though, on the idea that the home jersey needs to say Grizzlies. Less than half the NBA wears mascot name on home and city name on the road. Some people suggest doing this every time a concept is released that doesn't do this, and I appreciate when designers go away from this on some of their concepts for something different. I prefer them emphasizing their city name over a mascot name that doesn't have much history in the city.

I also like the short stripes because you showed the flag. Now I understand why you angle them like that, and I like how it further ties in to the city.

In my opinion that, barring a few exceptions, the home should always have the team nickname and the road should always have the city. Putting the same wordmark on both jerseys just looks lazy to me.

First of all lose the gold label on the back of the collar. Memphis has never won a championship.

As much as I love the triple blue color scheme, it really really sucks on television. The word mark is so blurred that unless you knew what team you were watching, you wouldn't be able to read the script. It's a terrible color scheme for television - maybe it's just the font type. I remember it worked well for the Toronto Blue Jays when they used a similar style.

I would recommend going back to their Vancouver scheme for your concept. Too many teams in the nba using the same colors. Try something different and you also get to bring back some history in merging both cities for a new identity.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

I get the idea for the Pels, I really do. But it's lacking. Plus, the front numbers on the blue jersey are red, but the back onea are gold. The mismatch doesn't work at all, and I'd also cut down on the fluer-de-lis usage here. It's way too much.

As for your Grizz, add a little yellow to the striping and that's a pretty set. Also, use the Grizzlies wordmark on the Alt. The logo doesn't work, even on a sleeved jersey.

Archived