Raptors 905 --- D League Affiliate for Toronto

tron1013

No place names, no place names, no place names, no no place...just Raptors 905. Sounds like an Eiffel 65 ripoff. I'm blue da ba dee da ba di...:P

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

am I the only one that thought it should be named Mississauga Huskies and/or at least used purple. Either one would direct positive attention, plus merchandise sales would likely increase with either option. And booting out the CNBL team like the league doesn't exist doesn't quite help Canada look like they take basketball seriously.

The Raptors have used the Huskies uniforms in the past, so they're probably keeping their option to do so in the future open, otherwise it would look weird if they played with uniforms bearing their farm team's name. Last year's retro nights showed just how dated the purple had become. It's not missed. As for your last point, this actually does the exact opposite. The Power were absolutely irrelevant to the local sports scene in their two years in the city. Replacing them with a team from the second best league in the continent shows that they take basketball seriously enough to upgrade the viewing experience for the locals.

They've done a good job, for the most part, explaining why they went with 905. I can live with that or 905's but I could also see why some would want a different name as well.

But what is arguably the worst part of this is naming them Raptors instead of Toronto, Mississauga, or even Ontario. That is just flat out absurd. I get this feeling this team will fold in 3-4 years.

They've done a good job, for the most part, explaining why they went with 905. I can live with that or 905's but I could also see why some would want a different name as well.

But what is arguably the worst part of this is naming them Raptors instead of Toronto, Mississauga, or even Ontario. That is just flat out absurd. I get this feeling this team will fold in 3-4 years.

The team won't fold, regardless of attendance, the name, the branding. The whole point of this was to control the team, play your rookies the entire game if ya want. Develop your players, if no one shows up at all its still a success

Archived