2015 NFL Season-Now with Playoff Talk

buzzcut

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/28/2015 at 0:23 PM, Needschat said:

NFL has MORE important things to worry about -player safety, domestic violence, racist nickname - but gambling is MORE important. Integrity of game balls? Really? If they were so important, have your game officials FULL-TIME, not part-time!

I'm sorry but potential cheating on the field is and really should be more important to any league, I stopped watching baseball for several years after the steroid era and even now when I see a some one comes close to 50 HRs or comes up already elite like Mike trout, I think in the back of my head that might be on something. No league should ever put anything above cheating no matter how little that cheating is.

uig7aiht8jnpl1szbi57zzlsh.gif4jzjfvwxifvemelyh9xjbnyr4.gifefvfv5b5g1zgpsf56gb04lthx.gif594153172016.gif

Kershaw is GOD! Kershaw is LIFE! Kershaw is ALL!

NFL has MORE important things to worry about -player safety, domestic violence, racist nickname - but gambling is MORE important. Integrity of game balls? Really? If they were so important, have your game officials FULL-TIME, not part-time!

I'm sorry but potential cheating on the field is and really should be more important to any leuage, I stopped watching baseball for several years after the and even now when I see a some one comes close to 50 HRs or comes up already elite like Mike trout, I think in the back of my head that might be on something. No leauge should ever put anything above cheating no matter how little that cheating is.

Where are the suspensions for the Panthers and Vikings for heating their footballs?

Where are the suspensions for the Cowboys when they piped in noise in Cowboys Stadium, for the Chiefs, for the Seahawks?

Yeah, this is an obfuscation by Goodell for what he's lacked on domestic violence supsensions and ignorance of player safety!

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

Let me kill that Panthers-Vikings noise, both teams did it, in the same game at the same time, so no team had an advantage. Now was it technically illegal, yes, but if anything, they should just get fines.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

Let me kill that Panthers-Vikings noise, both teams did it, in the same game at the same time, so no team had an advantage. Now was it technically illegal, yes, but if anything, they should just get fines.

Does it matter? No, both were guilty of tampering with the integrity of the league!

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

Like it or not, integrity of the game's legitimacy mean a helluvah lot more to the NFL than doing what it takes to rid the league of wife/children/animal abusers.

Brady could have fessed up and admitted something or proved his innocence. He did neither. He's getting four games not just for having a hand with deflating footballs, but destroying evidence and not cooperating with investigators as well. The league has rules....the court has laws.

Brady's hopes are that this drags out for a couple years until he's ready to retire, then whatever happens to him won't matter. Can't suspend a player that chooses not to play. A fine won't matter much to his bank account. About the only thing you could do is not elect him to the Hall of Fame, but that's not the NFL's territory.

I would think Brady's camp wouldn't want this to go to court. The NFL can "lawyer up" with the best of them, and once the government is involved, the league can issue subpoenas and do some real digging where they were off-limits before. And, where Brady may ultimately be screwed is that he, as a member of the NFLPA, went against the CBA terms with the league in this investigation.

"I would prove my innocence, but my phone got destroyed" = "I did the assignment, but my dog ate my homework"

....and lose a 5th-round pick.

Signed,

A Falcons fan

He shouldn't have to prove his innocence, the league has to prove his guilt which they haven't been able to do either beyond being more probable than not that he was generally aware with a very faulty investigation, and a situation that has been handled horrible by the NFL the whole time.

http://deadspin.com/nfl-upholds-tom-bradys-four-game-suspension-1720647254?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_facebook&utm_source=deadspin_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

087C27FB-BB51-45CE-9A70-D406E0E5AEE7.png

Because I can totally picture Tom Brady walking into a Boston area Apple Store to pick up the new iPhone 7, and then immediately turning around and casually hucking his old iPhone 6 through the plate glass window at the front of the store. Yeah sure, Tom.

What a douche.

Who does Brady think he is Sen. Lindsey Graham?

Does it matter? No, both were guilty of tampering with the integrity of the league!

Alright, imma need you to calm down, because the league lost its integrity a long time ago. Secondly, this scenario is different from the Brady saga, because, once again, no team had the advantage from it. Who can you suspend? The quarterbacks? The coaches? The ball boys? Nobody in this case kept anything secret. Everybody knew, everyone saw it on TV, so there was nothing to hide. The game had no real impact on either team, the Panthers still made the playoffs and lost that game. It was still a rules violation, definitely, but to a lesser extent. Tom Brady hid the fact that the balls were deflated, against the Colts, who as far as we know didn't do anything illegal in that game, in the AFC Championship. There are some bigger issues out there, I agree, but citing the Panthers-Vikings game as a MAJOR RULES VIOLATION ALERT EVERYONE just seems like a reach.

....and lose a 5th-round pick.

Signed,

A Falcons fan

We waste the 5th round pick anyway, someone else can have it for all I care. ;)

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

He shouldn't have to prove his innocence, the league has to prove his guilt which they haven't been able to do either beyond being more probable than not that he was generally aware with a very faulty investigation, and a situation that has been handled horrible by the NFL the whole time.

The US may be "innocent until proven guilty", but the NFL isn't.

It bears repeating, and perhaps kept in mind each time someone says Brady wasn't proven of anything: The NFL has rules, the US courts have laws. Brady broke the NFL's rules when it comes to investigation cooperation, bottom line.

It bears repeating, and perhaps kept in mind each time someone says Brady wasn't proven of anything: The NFL has rules, the US courts have laws. Brady broke the NFL's rules when it comes to investigation cooperation, bottom line.

He actually did cooperate fully and in accordance with the CBA. The CBA states that he does not have to turn over personal property in an investigation. and the fact that he didn't turn over his phone is irrelevant because everything he texted them was already known from the equiptment managers phones. The NFL isn't following their own rules and own punishments that are in the rule book and creating ones arbitrarily to pander to the media and court of public opinion.

If they somehow find the information on his phone from the cloud (I don't know if he did), I wouldn't be surprised if the NFL increased Brady's suspension.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

If they somehow find the information on his phone from the cloud (I don't know if he did), I wouldn't be surprised if the NFL increased Brady's suspension.

then they would be committing double jeopardy by punishing someone for the same offense twice which would get overturned like it did for ray rice when they increased his suspension

Look on the bright side, you've still got Brady for 12 games and his aging body takes 4 fewer games of physical punishment.

The glass is half full.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Where are the suspensions for the Panthers and Vikings for heating their footballs?

Goodell addressed this in his decision. He specifically states that this was not the same thing as what the Patriots are being punished for, because "there was no evidence of any intentional attempt to violate or circumvent the rules, no player involvement, and no effort to conceal the ball attendant's conduct... the ball never got into the game and the matter 'was addressed immediately.'"

https://nfllabor.files.wordpress.com/2015/07/07282015-final-decision-tom-brady-appeal.pdf

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

He actually did cooperate fully and in accordance with the CBA. The CBA states that he does not have to turn over personal property in an investigation. and the fact that he didn't turn over his phone is irrelevant because everything he texted them was already known from the equiptment managers phones. The NFL isn't following their own rules and own punishments that are in the rule book and creating ones arbitrarily to pander to the media and court of public opinion.

A destroyed cellphone isn't "cooperating fully", chief.

You don't destroy something that's being sought out for evidence unless you're guilty of something.

Archived