16-17 Soccer Kits

jaker52

14 hours ago, lopernv said:

Digging this up a little late, but I think  the reasoning behind this was:

1. Portugal played a home friendly just a few days earlier with their new red/maroon home kit.
  2. The game was supposed to be played in Belgium, where Portugal could showcase their new away kit.
  3. The game was moved, and now Belgium wears their away kit at Leiria. Portugal sticks with their choice of wearing their away kit for marketing purposes.

Here's a clearer picture:

portugal-belgium-friendly-por_3439307.jp

That Belgian kit is beautiful. The inspiration, in case it wasn't posted in this topic already:

Belgium-euro-2016-away-kit.jpg

Even worse, Belgium ladies played England in these kits and England wore all white. I'd have hated to referee that let alone watch it.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Even worse, Belgium ladies played England in these kits and England wore all white. I'd have hated to referee that let alone watch it.

If you were the referee you could have just not allowed the clash and ordered one of the two to change. 

07Giants.pngnyy.png

6 hours ago, anythinglogos said:

If you were the referee you could have just not allowed the clash and ordered one of the two to change. 

Apparently  he decided it was good enough for him. I wouldn't have allowed it.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Two odd quirks with the new US kits as far as short and long sleeves.

The short sleeves have the striped cuffs, whereas the long sleeves have a traditional, solid color cuff. That's not too unusual given the long sleeve cuff is likely constructed differently.

More unusual, at least to me, is that the short sleeve model has the red stripe running up the side and all the way under the bottom of the sleeve. However, on the long sleeve model, the red stripe stops at the arm pit.

I've also noted that the replica stripes stop at the arm pit while the authentics run under the sleeve.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

19 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

Two odd quirks with the new US kits as far as short and long sleeves.

The short sleeves have the striped cuffs, whereas the long sleeves have a traditional, solid color cuff. That's not too unusual given the long sleeve cuff is likely constructed differently.

More unusual, at least to me, is that the short sleeve model has the red stripe running up the side and all the way under the bottom of the sleeve. However, on the long sleeve model, the red stripe stops at the arm pit.

I've also noted that the replica stripes stop at the arm pit while the authentics run under the sleeve.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

There seems to be two distinct types of material on the long sleeve kits. That's probably why you don't see the red stripe follow all the way down. Since the sleeve stripe would stop halfway it's best not to include it.  

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

6 minutes ago, H11K said:

So nike soccer for national teams moved to a unified template? Thats sad.

Yes, most of the teams have contrasting sleeves (to varying degrees). Some of the shirts don't have contrasting sleeves (Brazil & Holland orange), but the template is the same.

IMG_8440-960x480.jpg

TheeBlog_2016-football-federation-kits-N

16 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

In a strange move, the US Curling team is using the new US Soccer logo on their hats, simply recolored.

12957701_10154850303259012_3559673910514239082_o.jpg

curling team.jpg

This is exactly why I don't like the new crest. Any USA team can use it.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

11 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

Hannover 120 years anniversary jersey:

080102122-1_0.png

And that's how it's done. Perfection.

Also of note: the plain white 96 looks far better on a red jersey than does the green-and-black 96 logo, which always looked out of place for a predominantly red team.

4 hours ago, David_Haberman said:

What's wrong with our country having a universal sports identity?

I should be able to tell USA Soccer logos  from USA Hockey, Basketball and Curling. Now if it's required for all teams in the Olympics, fine. When other teams just flat out nab your identity because it's so bland and generic that no one notices, now that's a bad logo.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

22 hours ago, H11K said:

So nike soccer for national teams moved to a unified template? Thats sad.

Adidas and Nike are both using two templates each for the Euros. The lower level Nike teams are using the same gear that the bigger Nike club teams used. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

17 minutes ago, Berlin Wall said:

Judging by the length of the deal and the details involved, it seems likely that UA are building Southampton up to be their flagship partnership...

...which (and this is only an assumption) suggests that they are not going to be renewing the contract with Tottenham when it expires. 

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

Archived