16-17 Soccer Kits

jaker52

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, BJ Sands said:

This probably isn't the change in the club Villa fans were looking for. 

(I'll refrain from the obvious "Prepared" joke because it's too easy.)

I've grown up supporting this once great club and have been desperate for them to go back to the old circular crest design. This update still looks like if you draw a line down from the star to the lions paw it's holding a wand. 

image.jpeg

Nice little update for Villa, frankly the prepared motto, while charming, only hindered the crest when used in smaller applications. It's kind of like the 96 and the flames with Liverpool, they'll still use it in other applications.The lion is a huge upgrade, though I don't love the lower claw in the upper arm. The timing isn't ideal, but if they thought that was the direction they needed to take no reason to delay while waiting for better times that might not come for a while.  There's been releases timed worse (say, right before a cup final vs. your most bitter rivals that you en up losing). And right when I might be going to Birmingham, too!

07Giants.pngnyy.png

On 4/5/2016 at 3:12 PM, Berlin Wall said:

The last PSV shirt with Philips on the chest. They'll wear it the rest of the season.

psv-final-philips-shirt-2016-2.jpg

Shame about Philips not being Philips Sport Vereniging's   sponsor anymore considering how they club started. After Carlsberg/Liverpool,, another one of those sponsorships which became synonymous with the club. I think just Inter/ Pirelli is left of those

07Giants.pngnyy.png

The Villa lion is a huge upgrade, and it's definitely an upgrade overall.

I just wish they'd done something to the flat logo to simulate the effect they get when embroidering it. The embroidered lion is light years ahead of the flat one, although the flat one is still an improvement.

14 hours ago, anythinglogos said:

Nice little update for Villa, frankly the prepared motto, while charming, only hindered the crest when used in smaller applications.

I believe the reasoning behind the change is exactly this, as well as to help digital applications. I read that in a club statement somewhere. That's why it is only a small update and nothing major.

I wish there was a bigger difference between the blue and the yellow though. It hurts my eyes to look at it for too long.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

I got some news for you!

Millwall open a design contest for the away kit (Erreà)

http://www.footyheadlines.com/2016/04/millwall-errea-announce-kit-deal-16-17-away-kit-design-competition.html

The competition will close on April 12 and will see the winner be flown to Errea's headquarters in Parma, Italy, to become the proud owner of the first-ever Millwall 16-17 away kit to be produced there.

whereicomefrom.png

17 hours ago, David_Haberman said:

I disagree, the FIFA patch should be on the sleeve. It never aligns with shields and branding and is an eyesore every time.

I should have been more clear.  I did not mean aesthetically, I meant because the WNT were actually winning things.

Archived