16-17 Soccer Kits

jaker52

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to Nike's PR director, women's jerseys with regular necklines will be "available at a later date." 

Bad form, Nike.  Bad form, US Soccer.

Adidas has been just as bad, but there's an indication that it need not be this way.

If they can make one, they can make more.

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

According to Nike's PR director, women's jerseys with regular necklines will be "available at a later date." 

Bad form, Nike.  Bad form, US Soccer.

Adidas has been just as bad, but there's an indication that it need not be this way.

If they can make one, they can make more.

Im glad to hear it, and wih Adidas would do the same.

I have no problems wearing a womens cut jersey at all, but nothing with the plunging neck line. (wish they had a mens cut for the WNT, but besides the point).

Now I can only hope that France makes a jersey without the star, so I can finally get a Le Sommer jersey without the star(as the women wear on field)

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

17 hours ago, Mockba said:

I wish the back numbers didn't have any outlining; the font is strong enough to stand alone.

Agreed. Especially since the numbers on the front don't have the outline. On the previous kits it didn't stand out as much as these do.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

50 minutes ago, DiePerske said:

(wish they had a mens cut for the WNT, but besides the point).

They did for the World Cup jerseys last year. Sadly, the customization wasn't authentic.

Regardless, though, I was happy to finally have a WNT jersey.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

1 minute ago, CRichardson said:

They did for the World Cup jerseys last year. Sadly, the customization wasn't authentic.

Regardless, though, I was happy to finally have a WNT jersey.

depends where you get it from, honestly. And to be fair, i do like how the womens jerseys fit, no problem at all with them. 

Just refuse to wear a plunging hemline. Or, to be a lot more fair, refuse to wear anything that isnt what they players are wearing on field.

Just need to remember to order a size up from what mens jerseys are.

5qWs8RS.png

2 hours ago, DiePerske said:

Im glad to hear it, and wih Adidas would do the same.

I have no problems wearing a womens cut jersey at all, but nothing with the plunging neck line. (wish they had a mens cut for the WNT, but besides the point).

Now I can only hope that France makes a jersey without the star, so I can finally get a Le Sommer jersey without the star(as the women wear on field)

With all the bad publicity adidas got lsst year when United's female fans protested, why roll these out? Yes, there are some females that will want these but the majority want their jerseys to look as close to the team's jerseys as possible.  It's just not a smart move by Nike.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

A few years ago Adidas made jerseys for all MLS teams that were cut for a woman's body but included a fairly normal neckline -- the tradeoff was that they used a generic template instead of each team's bespoke look (see below). 

Now Adidas makes women's versions of the "real" thing except assuming that women are looking to show cleavage at the stadium.

Not sure why this is so difficult.

s-l500.jpg s-l500.jpg

25 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Teams can presumably "opt out" of the plunging necklines - NYCFC heard from the fans last year, and this year they're the only team to have a (relatively) normal V-neck women's jersey. 

pictures for comparison (both replicas, for the most fair comparison)

Womens

productImages%2f_2347000%2fff_2347794_fu

Mens

Men's New York City FC Frank Lampard adidas Navy 2016 Replica Secondary Jersey

improvements could be made, but a lot better than this crap

Women's New York City FC adidas Light Blue 2015 Primary Replica Jersey

5qWs8RS.png

I hated the US kit at first but I really like it now. The templating we have seen from nike is awful though and I'm guessing we will se plenty more from the clubs.

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

MUNCHEN LOWEN (WAFA) GULF SHORES OSPREYS (IBL)

I saw on Twitter that Nike said that non-V-neck versions of the women's will be available at some point in the near future.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Holland wore black armbands as well as Cruyff's number 14 on their kits today. Other than MLS teams I've not seen memorial patches worn on soccer jerseys, not counting the poppy appeal that's worn in the EPL. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived