16-17 Soccer Kits

jaker52

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Portugal away. 

Portugal-Euro-2016-Away-Kit%2B%25284%252

England is terrible, but we already knew that. Red sock with no red on the shirt or shorts? 4 colors used?

And the more I look at that French kt the less I like it. Using not only the wrong shade, but a color very similar to one of your biggest rivals? For  no good reason at all, in a tournament you host?

07Giants.pngnyy.png

41 minutes ago, anythinglogos said:

Portugal away. 

Portugal-Euro-2016-Away-Kit%2B%25284%252

England is terrible, but we already knew that. Red sock with no red on the shirt or shorts? 4 colors used?

And the more I look at that French kt the less I like it. Using not only the wrong shade, but a color very similar to one of your biggest rivals? For  no good reason at all, in a tournament you host?

Fantastic. This is not the first time that Portugal will wear that color

whereicomefrom.png

4 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Some official reveal pics of the U.S. kits:

image.jpeg.53447942db6ffe0651cc118521659

image.jpeg.74d84b9effaa2a373f19bb5a2d449

Are these fantastic? No. 

Are they vomit-inducing? Also no. 

PROS:

The lighter blue actually works much better than I thought it would. 

There's nothing really egregious with these either. 

CONS:

The use of BFBS is disappointing. 

Relativel plain. 

Overall? 6/10. 

spacer.png

That France shade of blue doesn't look that off to me. Nike has done some stellar work for France but also some terrible nonsense -- the last couple were too navy, I'd argue, and this is the second set where they've ditched France's tricolor, which is the sort of thing that should be experimented around but not with, IMO.

And speaking of odd colors, Portugal in turquoise is not working for me at all.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

After seeing those pics I think that the US got away best from all the Nike teams. The shirts ain't bad and at least you didn't get those awful contrasting socks.

Remembering the rumours that Inter is going to wear yellow socks next season, that doesn't seem too far away now.

Chile:

ob_073f77_maillot-copa-america-chili.jpeob_3db2be_maillot-chili-nike.jpeg

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

9 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

Some hi res shots that I downloaded. I'm on board with these. If you click the pics you can see full res in a new tab.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

1. These are still way better than the current blue aways. Both of these.

2. I understand Nike is trying to show off their new technology so I somewhat understand why they do the template emphasized designing.

still don't like the black. I woulda liked a power blue. 

Last thing. Anyone who's familiar with trusox, Nike just came out with their own version which is interesting.

23 minutes ago, Guy with Machete said:

Nike's desire for contrasting socks is rather inexplicable to me. I think most people would agree that socks with a darker tone than the rest of a kit just throw the entire look off. It makes a kit look "bottom heavy".

Nike wanting to highlight the socks is easy to explain

1 hour ago, shaydre1019 said:

Last thing. Anyone who's familiar with trusox, Nike just came out with their own version which is interesting.

07Giants.pngnyy.png

1 hour ago, Digby said:

I love the ~~high tech kit technology~~ as an excuse for crap design. Remember the Adidas Techfit sports bra look?

I think there's a difference. I think most of these kits are pretty harmless and the designs are fine.  Most of them use various degrees of saturation (forgive me if the wrong term, not a color expert). The more egregious examples are the USA's black and the super washed-out France away sleeves. As standalone designs, most of these are pretty nice. The issue lies in that each one is identical to the others.

Now, on the other hand, is the design bad by itself? Not really. It has contrasting sleeves, stripes down the sides, and a modern collar.

I'd nominate these below as crap design, to use your term. All are paint by numbers, like the new crop of kits...but the designs are piped out and have meaningless color panels. I wouldn't even qualify these as designs.

53146243-1024x644.jpg

fotos-da-selecao-de-portugal-4.jpg

afcb78d259b0d250f10e0a79a1d00f65.jpg?63b

juan_roman_riquelme_2006_06_30.jpg

France.jpg

I don't Really see much of a difference between the two, they're both templates that represent their respective eras design trends. When the T90 Nike kits came out, piping was all the rage just like simple and color blocking is all the rage now. And IIRC, most had a few subtle variations ( I think Portugal had a sublimated pattern on the front, Spain had pinstripes with adidas, Japan had funky patterns etc). Templating was normal back then, even top clubs used templates. I'm not saying those were good, because they weren't. But those were designs as much as the current ones.  Aesthetically the current ones might be better (but that's subjective, I prefer extraneous details to wearing the completely wrong combination  or things like those awful ice blue sleeves England has).  Conceptually they're the same. 

Though that was a good 10 years ago. It's been years since top  teams have used templates. Fans have gotten used again to each kit being personalized. So why is Nike moving backwards? 

Bit baffled by the Netherlads using purple, honestly. With all the great relevant colors they could use, it's a bit of a shame

07Giants.pngnyy.png

Archived