16-17 Soccer Kits

jaker52

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Digby said:

Funny that Nike's "second-tier" teams appear to be getting more bespoke kits than the global elites.  I do appreciate that Turkey frequently uses turquoise as a prominent team color, for something different.

While this is certainly true, those "second-tier" teams are also not utilizing the new Vapor kit technology. It seems as though Nike wanted the big national team kits to all be relatively simple and similar to eachother in order to show off the new template and kit technology. I would expect the next iteration of national team kits to be much more creative.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Portugal for me is clearly the best of the bunch. They have a history of using wildly different shades of red and they finally put some green back as a main element.

France have decent kits, but considering their history of great kits, that's for me their worst kits since at least 2006, if not 1994. Doesn't help that Nike can't seem to get the blue right, this one is way too light, more fitting for Italy and of course the navy is too dark.  At least the red socks kind of make sense for them considering they won Euro 2000 (:censored:ing wiltord...) in that combination. Disappointing, especially when they're the host and you would expect a custom kit for the occasion. But I guess Nike's brand principles are more important.

Greece in yet another super plain template, ugh. Adidas might not have been the best but the move to Nike was a downgrade

turkey is intriguing, I'd rather get a custom kit than have to show off Nike's technology bull :censored:

EDIT: well, hooray for me for 1,500 posts of mostly incoherent rambling, I guess

07Giants.pngnyy.png

56 minutes ago, agentrygraphics said:

18 hours ago, Gothamite said:

But what's that on the right sleeve?  Sponsor logo?

nyc1051181601-1-3.png

Appears to be the Street Soccer USA logo

So it does.

Street-Soccer-USA.png?w=300

Good call.  Last year it was a hospital.

Marcos%20Senna%20Ottawa%20Fury%20FC%20Oc

I like the shout-out to their official charity partner, but not necessarily a sleeve patch.   Wonder if they'll also still have the One World Sports logo on the back as well?

PSI03108_19Feb2015_XO1234.0.0.jpg

I don't think either one ever made it to their retail jerseys, but that looks to change now.   Getting kind of cluttered.

21 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

England sets released:

One is not amused.

305.png

Same issues here as with most of the other Nike kits. It's a decent/clean template that will unfortunately be associated with the fact that every other team is a paint by numbers attempt on the same one. The socks are wrong for both kits, I actually don't think I would mind too much if they were switched. I do wish the home would be White-Navy-White and the away Red-White-Red though.

2/10. Poor effort.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

New York City wore blue socks last Sunday:

usa-today-9183049.0.jpg

That's my favorite home look for them, better than b/w/w or b/b/b, and I hope this is an indication that blue will be more common than white this season.

And in related news, the club has new corner flags, adapting the City's tricolor flag.  Love details like this.

2016_CornerFlags.jpg

14 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

Per Footy Headlines, all of the major Nike kits will release tomorrow.

http://www.footyheadlines.com/2016/03/nike-unveils-all-new-vapor-kits.html

I really like the look of these shirts. They look incredibly comfortable. The 2014 authentics didn't have much stretch or flexibility.

nike-unveils-all-new-vapor-kits-4.jpg

IMG_8115-1024x683@2x.jpg

Soccer.com says the Nike 2016 innovation event will continue tomorrow, so that's where I'd expect them to actually debut these kits.

http://www.soccer.com/guide/live-at-the-nike-innovation-summit-day-one/?cm_re=Spotmini-_-031616-_-inovation~S~12699

As long as my math is right with the time difference, possible launch of 11am eastern. England has a Nike event at Wembley at 3pm London time.

https://www.nike.com/events-registration/event?id=40331&code=entlaunch&cp=EUBR_ot_SP16_GLFT193_TWTT_GB_FA-Wembley-Membership-Experience

Yeah I actually am starting to like this cycle more that o see the actually pocture. The fit is really nice.

i wonder how much of this technology was created to combat fakes. It looks much harder to replicate than past models.

No, you guys are still giving them too much credit. Regardless of the material, the designs and colors are horrible. Any one of us on here could make a better looking jersey for probably every team, even with that template. They are still using random colors, and different color sleeves for teams, ect.

2 hours ago, marble21 said:

I actually don't think I would mind too much if they were switched. I do wish the home would be White-Navy-White and the away Red-White-Red though.

2/10. Poor effort.

I'd say they're mediocre, not actively terrible. More 5/10 than 2/10, and if they did use the proper colors that'd probably get them up to 7/10. I just don't like England in all white. The navy shorts are needed to break up the flow. Oddly, I'm okay with going funky on the socks, mostly because only full kit wankers will be wearing jersey/shorts and socks.

18 minutes ago, lost_limey said:

I'd say they're mediocre, not actively terrible. More 5/10 than 2/10, and if they did use the proper colors that'd probably get them up to 7/10. I just don't like England in all white. The navy shorts are needed to break up the flow. Oddly, I'm okay with going funky on the socks, mostly because only full kit wankers will be wearing jersey/shorts and socks.

2/10 is based on the socks being completely wrong. Without that it would probably be a 5/10 from me. The light blue sleeves are unwarranted and I'm also not a fan of white shorts for England at all. If there were navy blue shorts, replace the royal blue with navy and further use of the light blue on other elements (trim only) then it could easily be a 7 or 8/10. Like I said earlier, the template itself isn't bad. The colours chosen are just wrong and no team is unique.

The thing with going funky on the socks is that I'm going to have to watch them wearing them in games. At a major tournament. Against other teams also wearing silly socks. It's not just FKWs where they will be seen.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

I think they're simply black socks that look off because of the area the photo is taking place in. USA and England would be so much better twith white sleeves and blue shorts for the home kits. 1/10 on the black kit. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived