16-17 Soccer Kits

jaker52

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Expecting the new whites for tonight's doubleheader. Also interesting after seeing a few other matches with Nike squads...all of the other teams have a standardized number font and it seems the US are the only ones to receive a custom one.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

1 minute ago, S.Tom.P said:

The friendly between Belgium and Portugal featured one of the most atrocious uniform match-ups in recent memory.

OMG, agree. Specially Portugal. I must close my eyes

whereicomefrom.png

38 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

I actually think the white U.S. kits look very good on the field. Much better than the black kits IMO, and much better than the last home kits.

You had me until the last home kits, if you are refering to the mens 2014/2015 and not the womens 2015.

I loved the all white collared look.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

12 minutes ago, DiePerske said:

You had me until the last home kits, if you are refering to the mens 2014/2015 and not the womens 2015.

I loved the all white collared look.

Yeah, I just didn't like how simple the all white collared look was. Especially after the fantastic Waldo and Centennial kits, it just felt a little uninspired (and the brighter blue and red didn't help either).

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

12 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Yeah, I just didn't like how simple the all white collared look was. Especially after the fantastic Waldo and Centennial kits, it just felt a little uninspired (and the brighter blue and red didn't help either).

IMO the centennial kits were the best primary the US has had in a long time. I even liked them better than the Waldo kits. 

spacer.png

5 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

Really nice look. Much better than the black. Also love the long sleeves. Will have to keep an eye out for that if it comes available.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

It's decent. Not a fan of the baby blue shoulders, but the template isn't half bad at all. Make the shoulders navy blue or red and you've got a winner. 

I do agree that it looks much better than the BFBS uni. 

spacer.png

I absolutely hate the outline on the back numbers. Other than that and the color difference between the shoulders and crest/numbers I think the home whites are decent.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

If they used a lighter blue outline like they did for the last home kits it wouldn't stand out so much. I don't know what's worse though, every Nike team save the US using the same numbers or those 8 inch numbers on the adidas shorts?

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

If they used a lighter blue outline like they did for the last home kits it wouldn't stand out so much. I don't know what's worse though, every Nike team save the US using the same numbers or those 8 inch numbers on the adidas shorts?

The 8 inch numbers, cause adidas teams mostly (correct me if I'm wrong) all have the same font too

spacer.png

Adidas and Nike both :censored:ed up with the numbers. I don't really mind all teams sharing number font (adidas has always done it, though it's a shame that Croatia, Brazil, the Netherlands and especially Portugal who had the previous font for a decade dropped them), but :censored:ing up everyone with the double outlines on the back/none on the front thing is annoying. Still not annoying  as the spray painted stencil numbers and gigantic short numbers adidas has use on the away shirts for reasons that will never be explained

07Giants.pngnyy.png

Archived