2016 MLS Jerseys

labc93

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/20/2016 at 11:38 AM, upperV03 said:

Yet another look at some of the available colors for the new goalkeeper kits:

image.thumb.jpeg.69d87b59f5b9b1f21f6cdae

According to the article, the Timber's owner confirmed that the new Alaska Airlines logo would appear on the jerseys this year. Wonder what's going on.

"Alaska is a jersey sponsor for the Portland Timbers soccer team. Timbers owner Merritt Paulson confirmed the new Alaska logo will appear on Timbers kits."

http://www.bizjournals.com/portland/blog/2016/01/timbers-jersey-alert-alaska-airlines-has-a-new.html

45 minutes ago, hawk36 said:

According to the article, the Timber's owner confirmed that the new Alaska Airlines logo would appear on the jerseys this year. Wonder what's going on.

"Alaska is a jersey sponsor for the Portland Timbers soccer team. Timbers owner Merritt Paulson confirmed the new Alaska logo will appear on Timbers kits."

http://www.bizjournals.com/portland/blog/2016/01/timbers-jersey-alert-alaska-airlines-has-a-new.html

Technically, the "newer" logo is on the kits, so the author of the article might not have specified that they meant the brand new logo that Alaska just released this year when asking MP. It's really not surprising that they aren't using the brand new logo on the kits considering the production timeline, as well as the lengthy design process.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

15 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Technically, the "newer" logo is on the kits, so the author of the article might not have specified that they meant the brand new logo that Alaska just released this year when asking MP. It's really not surprising that they aren't using the brand new logo on the kits considering the production timeline, as well as the lengthy design process.

But the article itself was referring to the new look, the real new logo. In addition, as I mentioned in an earlier post, I know someone on the inside at Alaska and know that the logo was finished last Fall, isn't that enough of a production timeline? Maybe not?

2 minutes ago, hawk36 said:

But the article itself was referring to the new look, the real new logo. In addition, as I mentioned in an earlier post, I know someone on the inside at Alaska and know that the logo was finished last Fall, isn't that enough of a production timeline? Maybe not?

Yes, but the author, when asking MP about the logo on the kits, may not have specified. Technically they are wearing a new logo on the kits, just not the brand new one that was just released. As far as the production timeline goes, I'm not in a position to say how long that is, but it would not surprise me at all if it was over 6 months. Plus, I highly doubt Alaska would want their new logo seen on a leak of the Timbers kit prior to their official unveiling of the logo, so it was probably just a combination of factors that led to them using the 2014-2016 logo on the kits rather than the brand new one.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

http://www.torontofc.ca/post/2016/02/22/bmo-and-mlse-announce-10-year-naming-rights-renewal-bmo-field

Found this one interesting. Only a 1 up on the kits but 10 on the stadium. Looks like this may be an annual thing, BMO and TFC wait 'till last miniute while Pizza Pizza and Kia are probably just waiting to jump on the chance, haha.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

I don't know if an airline is so concerned about "leaking" a slightly-tweaked logo that they'd rather the old one still be sold on shirts a year later. 

Logo leaks may be slightly annoying to companies but ultimately don't cost them.   If anything, that means they get to milk it for two media cycles. 

1 hour ago, mr.negative15 said:

http://www.torontofc.ca/post/2016/02/22/bmo-and-mlse-announce-10-year-naming-rights-renewal-bmo-field

Found this one interesting. Only a 1 up on the kits but 10 on the stadium. Looks like this may be an annual thing, BMO and TFC wait 'till last miniute while Pizza Pizza and Kia are probably just waiting to jump on the chance, haha.

Yeah this happened last year too. It seems as if BMO wants out of the kit deal but are throwing in an extra year in order to extend the stadium naming rights. 

With CFL, Grey Cup and likely a Winter/Heritage Classic coming to BMO Field soon, it's no wonder they wanted to lock down the naming rights. 

Also on the TFC front there was a recent article in the Toronto Sun that hinted at, without expressly stating, that TFC would pay homage to the Toronto Blizzard of the old NASL/CSL for their new clash kit. This would jive with the rumour of blue being incorporated. My guess is something close to this:

Blizzard%2080-81%20Home%20Jersey%20Sam%2

15 hours ago, upperV03 said:

I'm actually the one that asked the question to Merritt. I was pretty clear when I referred to the new logo, and even linked back to our earlier story on Alaska's rebrand, which we subsequently updated with his answer. So I'm a little confused about the wordmark on the new jerseys, too. 

It's always possible he was too preoccupied with my beard and overlooked the nature of the question. 

Screen Shot 2016-02-23 at 8.10.19 AM.png

Not exactly sure what the heck to make of this. I assume that the old school looking TV is supposed to me a hint at a throwback look coming? I mean it would be in line with what @nas1787 was saying earlier in the thread. 

Guess we'll just see March 1st.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

12728625_819552058145666_1196347339_n.jp

Another teaser for FCD. I like the continuation of the white/blue trim to the sleeves, but I guess I didn't know you could not have the MLS patch on both sleeves? Any other clubs doing this?

Also: looking at it closer, it seems to confirm the white hoops theory if you look closely at the left image, right next to the arm. There's a hint of white. Looks like a hoop, that gets cut off before the back of the jersey.

Archived