• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a hard time believing an NFL team (outside the Browns) who would trade up for a quarterback without knowing exactly who they wanted.

The hot rumor is Goff going #1 because he'd feel right at home in California. Not buying into that methodology. That kinda thing didn't deter San Francisco from taking Alex Smith over that Rodgers fella.

6uXNWAo.png

Even with the #1 pick, they're still the Lambs to me... and whoever they choose at QB will be nothing more then a lamb to slaughter against Seattle.

BTW, with all the commotion going on here, a friendly reminder that the 2016 schedule will be announced today at 8 PM.

42 minutes ago, Cujo said:

I have a hard time believing an NFL team (outside the Browns) who would trade up for a quarterback without knowing exactly who they wanted.

Exactly.  If they're that close, you don't go all out for #1, and maybe you try to pull off something for #2.  I think the Browns would enjoy having lots of extra picks.

You only make this move if you've identified who you want, and firmly believe he's going to be your face for the next 8 years.  Whichever one it is, that decision has been made, and the only way it will change is if he injures himself or gets caught eating a prostitute's face while on bath salts before the draft.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

5 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Exactly.  If they're that close, you don't go all out for #1, and maybe you try to pull off something for #2.  I think the Browns would enjoy having lots of extra picks.

You only make this move if you've identified who you want, and firmly believe he's going to be your face for the next 8 years.  Whichever one it is, that decision has been made, and the only way it will change is if he injures himself or gets caught eating a prostitute's face while on bath salts before the draft.

This is the NFL we're talking about. I don't think that would be a deal breaker. 

BB52Big.jpg

This is insane.  Lynch is a guy who should fall into the 20s and Connor Cook into the 2nd round, but Lynch may go top :censored: ing 5, perhaps creating a :censored: storm that gets Cook taken in the top goddamn 10.  

As a Bears fan, I'm perfectly fine with that, but it's potentially going to be the wild west in the first hour of the draft.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

1 hour ago, Cujo said:

The NFL would be crazy not to select Houston at Denver for opening night.

Of course, Carolina plays at Denver this season.  Could have a rematch!  (Which that info has leaked out....)

I've got a funny feeling the Falcons will be the first home opponent for the Rams, and that it'll likely be a Sunday night game. (Don't think the NFL is gonna bury the first game in Los Angeles on the back-end of the Monday night doubleheader.) I think the NFL kinda learned a lesson with having divisional opponents play in landmark games, like when the Falcons played the Saints in the first SuperDome game after Katrina.  Don't think the NFL wants that return to Los Angeles couple as a division game.  Won't be the Giants since that'll be played in London.  Don't believe they'll have Carolina play two west coast games in the first 2-3 weeks of the season, and not really any pizzazz with the Dolphins or Bills.  You have at least some history with the Rams and Falcons, with the two being former division mates.

Also would be interesting to see who gets to be the last regular season opponent at the Georgia Dome.  Maybe get some payback in that landmark game with the Saints!

8 hours ago, dfwabel said:

This also impacts the Cowboys at #4 since not only did they bring Wentz in, their coaching staff worked with him during the Senior Bowl.

As for the Rams, they don't have a 2nd or  3rd round pick. Yikes! You cannot build  a team in that manner. They had 4 of the first 76 picks, now they have the #1 overall and nothing until #113.

Clearly you haven't paid attention to this team's success rate in the draft.

That said, making the trade without knowing for certain which QB they want?

It's not the offseason until the Rams do something incredibly stupid

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

8 hours ago, Brass said:

Jeff Fischer said that the deal was completed yesterday but he "didn't want to take away from Mamba Day." What bull :censored:. Announce the trade. Kobe Bryant is one :censored:ing person. He doesn't deserve one day where he gets all the attention of the world.

Ehh, it just means that even more mock drafts from that stupid cottage industry are set on fire.   Which is awesome.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

2 hours ago, Cujo said:

Week 1 opening night in Denver:

Panthers at Broncos.

Awh damn!

I think this is better then the Houston match-up. This game has revenge written all over it... I'm pretty damn sure Carolina fans would love to see the Cam Newton of a year ago go to Mile High and do his magic

The other three Week 1 prime time games...

-Sunday Night: New England at Arizona

-Monday Night: Pittsburgh at Washington, followed by Los Angeles at San Francisco

Of course, you can always head to NFL.com and look at the schedule there.

So, LA has ZERO prime-time home games? (and the Week One Monday Night game vs. the 49ers which had EVERY reason to be the big grandiose home opener is on the road)

You had one job, NFL...ONE JOB.

bYhYmxh.png

6 minutes ago, MBurmy said:

So, LA has ZERO prime-time home games? (and the Week One Monday Night game vs. the 49ers which had EVERY reason to be the big grandiose home opener is on the road)

You had one job, NFL...ONE JOB.

And to boot, the Giants vs Rams game in London, starts at 6:30am in Los Angeles. That is some bull****. I wouldn't even get up that early to watch a Cowboys game.

EDIT: I bet the Week 2 game versus the Seahawks will be nationally televised. First game in Los Angeles. Pete Carroll coming back into his old stadium. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Oh, I am loving the first two weeks for Seattle... First off, a Fish Fry at CenturyLink and then going to LA and giving them a very RUDE awakening.

The one thing I don't like (outside of the entire schedule being harder then a diamond, of course) is the Monday night game... Don't get me wrong, I like it when Seattle hosts. But, why Buffalo? Couldn't one of the other games be the Monday night game instead?

Archived