NFL Fields - 2023 Wild Card Playoffs

pitt6pack

On 8/20/2022 at 10:24 PM, RBronish said:

spacer.png

On 8/20/2022 at 11:21 PM, packerfan21396 said:

Gonna go through my process in case you prefer what I came up with and if you wanted to try yourself for the next logo creation:

1. Perspective warp as above, and then overlayed over the existing logo:

jaXsDAc.png

2. Add guides to determine the size of the circle of text, and create the inner circle with paths:

9gqrO1x.png

3. Generate text along path (for me, I used a GIMP plug-in, but there are plenty other plug-ins in other programs that produce the same thing):

hVZZK31.png

4. Add text and raise the banners to be more centered between the text:

963cZae.png

Really awesome work both of you! I appreciate it.

I do most everything in MS Paint still, but I do have GIMP for things like adding textures on the Super Bowl fields. I'll have to add that plugin for sure. 

This will help me finish up the Jets then from 1984 through the present, and I can get the Giants done after that from 1981 through the present, for the other years I'm missing for them.

• Like 1

• pitt6pack changed the title to NFL Fields - 2022 Week 1

2022 Week 1

A couple of teams made some changes for this week, plus we had a rain soaked field in Chicago

Carolina Panthers

The Panthers had a first this weekend, going with just black and white for the logo and in the endzones

CAR_2022%5E1.png

Washington Commanders

This is the field we probably expected for the Commanders, but here is their first regular season field. Would not be surprised if we saw a pink variation later this year.

WSH_2022%5E1.png

Chicago Bears

The rain did a number on the field paint pregame. What I have here is basically the field in the second half. Early in the game, the sidelines received an extra line of paint. When the 49ers first got in the redzone, they added more paint to the goal lines. At half time, the hash marks at midfield got some extra paint.

CHI_2022%5E2.png

Tennessee Titans

Lastly, the Titans changed up the paint colors in their wordmark, changing the outline from navy to white, and changing white on the inside to light blue, and what was previously light blue to navy. This is the first time since 2004 the Titans have used this color scheme in the endzones (under their old wordmark design however). 

TEN_2022%5E1.png

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2022 Cleveland Browns

CLE_2022%5E1.png

Actual field

a830b111-c495-4dd1-a634-1c0f42290748_114

I'll probably have some adjustments after Sunday's game, but I have to say, I think the Browns probably have one of the best fields coming into this season. Gotta love that logo at midfield.

• Like 5

• pitt6pack changed the title to NFL Fields - 2022 Cleveland Browns
10 hours ago, Pleepleus75 said:

More pics from Chiefs field

This field really turned out great.

I've got the midfield logo done already, I've just got to get the endzone wordmark correct, and I'll get this down in paint. Plus, I think I'll need to update some of my older versions of Chiefs fields that I have with this wordmark.

The Chiefs have really been putting out some good throwback fields these past couple of years. Time for some other teams to take notice.

• Like 4

Took a little time, but I've got the Chiefs field form Thursday down in my standard field format.

KC_2022%5E1.png

I'll have to take a look back at some older Chiefs fields and sub in this wordmark, which seems to be what was used back starting in 1972, for at least some time.

• Like 5

• pitt6pack changed the title to NFL Fields - 2022 Kansas City Chiefs

Eagles field from last night with the new wordmark

PHI_2022%5E1.png

And with all the talk about kelley green, I figured I'd try this field, substituting that in, with some texture as well.

Z4L1yM0.png

• Like 7
  • Applause 1

• pitt6pack changed the title to NFL Fields - 2022 Chiefs, Eagles

One change for this season from last week. 

The Patriots for the first time since moving to Gillette Stadium (I believe) do not have the lighthouse logo on the field (I'm guessing due to renovations that are rebuilding the lighthouse, changing its appearance).

NE_2022%5E1.png

And it looks like the Bengals field for Thursday has already been circulating. There is the very thin (1 inch?) strip in the endzones that separates the light gray from the sidelines. As far as I know, this may be one of the lightest shades in an endzone, that boarders, or just about boarders the sidelines. Super Bowl XV and some other Eagles fields come to mind as the other lightest shaded endzones.

CIN_2022%5E2.png

• Like 1

• pitt6pack changed the title to NFL Fields - 2022 Patriots, Bengals Whiteout

The Patriots could really do so much more with the endzone mark; fill it in with blue or red, outlined in white...or vice-versa. The plain white letters are just so bland. For me, the cursive script was a far better fit for the brand. 

• Like 6

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

8 hours ago, WSU151 said:

The Patriots could really do so much more with the endzone mark; fill it in with blue or red, outlined in white...or vice-versa. The plain white letters are just so bland. For me, the cursive script was a far better fit for the brand. 

I agree with this for the Eagles as well, the new word mark is just so bland and uninspiring.

• Like 1

rAUPGPZ.png

10 hours ago, WSU151 said:

The field is still in use by the New England Revolution. I believe they use minimal decorations and markings until the Revs' season ends in October.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

1 hour ago, slapshot said:

The field is still in use by the New England Revolution. I believe they use minimal decorations and markings until the Revs' season ends in October.

The end zone stays the same throughout the NFL season. Patriots have had the same white-letter end zone for years. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Eek, the Bengals field in real life looks kinda Frankenfield-esque due to the overlap of white and orange, but I always appreciate teams going above and beyond with their fields, so it's still welcomed. (side note, I love the Bengals white-out unis)

Eagles should just go to kelly green at this point. Just a wholly more appealing color, both on the unis and the field.

NSFCvyu.png

23 hours ago, WSU151 said:

AFC logo on one side, Pat Patriot on the other 👍

• Like 1

On 9/20/2022 at 7:48 AM, pitt6pack said:

Eagles field from last night with the new wordmark

PHI_2022%5E1.png

And with all the talk about kelley green, I figured I'd try this field, substituting that in, with some texture as well.

Z4L1yM0.png

I think teams that use green as a primary color should leave the endzones uncolored (like the Packers do)