Survivor Series Quarterfinals, Round 1 - The Vote

nitroseed

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking forward to Chri's comments. He was viewing this thread last night.

I know the process of picking winners will me difficult, but boy I am anxious!

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

sous chef chavo: hey felipe, dont IronChefShark think hes so great or somethin'

sous chef felipe: si chavo. Hes got that swagger like he think he so big....

IronChefShark: IMMIGRATION!

chavo and felipe: AYE CHINGA! LA MIGRA! LA MIGRA!

IronChefShark: gets them every time ^_^

sous chef felipe: ah Senor Shark! we was just saying how great a mentor you are

IronChefShark: yeah sure. anyways whats going on here?

sous chef chavo: well senor Nitroseed has yet to unveil the winners for this round.

IronChefShark: ahhh I see. well personally I would have gone with concept B in each group. Of course, my tastes differ from what the special referee, CC himself thinks. After all these logos are meant to represent him after all

sous chef felipe: yeah but I dont get the maple leaf in most of them

IronChefShark: that because he CANADIAN....you half wit

sous chef chavo: haha....he said you have nada en la cabeza

sous chef felipe: pinche puto maricon chavo...

IronChefShark: SILENCE! unless you guys like spending your weekday mornings hanging out in the parking lot of a Home Depot

sous chef chavo: well not really. but if I had a choice I like that Home Depot up by Toronto somewhere. There this senorita that works there that always carries a ringette bag

sous chef felipe: orale, momacita for sure

IronChefShark: IDIOTS! You guys know who that is? Thats CC's novia!

sous chef chavo: que? oops my bad

sous chef felipe: yeah, my bad

IronChefShark: sigh....just, go back to peeling the advocados

chavo and felipe: si senor

Okie dokie folks.

First of all, the choices were extremely difficult for me! This isn't one of those things where I just say it was difficult, it really really was!

I'd also like to point out that if I was presented any of these logos on their own I would've instantly picked them to be used as my personal logo.

So, with all of that being said, I guess there's nothing left to do then pick which ones I'd like to see go on to round two.

I won't give my reasons for any of my individual choices. In all cases one just barely beat out another and I had to resort to looking for symbolism within the logo rather than just "Good Design".

My choices:

In Group One I choose Proposal A

In Group Two I choose Proposal A

In Group Three I choose Proposal B

In Group Four I choose Proposal B

Thanks to everyone, all of these designs were awesome! So awesome I spent the last two nights deciding my choices.

Thank you.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Well it was truly great participating. I know I have a big ol' target on my back. :cry:

My goal was to participate in at least 2 competitions but alas twas not to be. Unless I get reinstated in the 2nd ROUND, so go HG and Commish!!! AVENGE ME!!!

Frees me up for my other projects. Brian in Boston, I'm available for that Fantasy Football collaboration now :)

Good luck to you true survivors!

Seeing the vote I have to chime back in and have to ask what were u thinking. I know u wont spill on why u chose but I would love to know.

You throw good design aside for symbolism. In the fourth group you pick B, by far the worst design in the contest. First off no color, no excitement, the secondary doesnt even relate to the prime and overall, that is the symbol u want to be knwon for a guy leaning over the railing. Its like they spent no time on it what so ever.

Then take Group 3 again you choose B. A very ORIGINAL design with the mouse showing your computer design aspirations but you choose your face and the ever so clever canadian leaf with a C in it. There wasnt an original idea in there. Try putting the man, the myth, the legened on a business card and see where it leads. Great production but it ends there.

Chris I respect what you do for the board but in my opinion you truly botched this one. I will live with the decision, hell I volunteer to leave the contest if DESIGN will not matter. Congrats to the winners, just one mans opinion.

Greg

Wow, that was mightily uncalled for.

We all have our own reasons for thinking that our own design was better design, etc. Well, guess what... the target audience--nay, the client--chose to go in a different direction. My team lost ours as well, and while I could sit and complain about how the other design isn't any good, ours was obviously a superior branding concept, etc, I can't do that in good conscience. There's evidence of a lot of hard work and design skill in every one of these submissions. (Hell, I'm picturing ours on polo shirts and baby tees across the nations!)

Since Chris was the judge of the contest, his judgement was based on his standards of design and taste. The idea that your design losing is a sign that "DESIGN will not matter," as if your sense of design were a universal constant, is not only horribly inaccurate, but laughable as well.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Why is it uncalled for. Its an opinion.

I never said my design sense was the standard, you are making assumptions to prove your point. As for design not mattering, Chris stated that good design took a back seat to symbolism, I didnt make it up. And hell if your design in your heart is better than stand up for it and stand up for your team.

You might not like me for doing it but personally I couldnt care less. Just as Chris had his opinion on why he chose I have mine.

The decision will stand and I will take the loss that i cannot change, but I can say what I believe.

You shake hands and move on but dont that doesnt mean you have to like how the game played out.

I shouldn't have to explain myself, but I didn't say Good design took a back seat to symbolism... at least that wasn't my implication. I was saying the designs were so great that I had to look at more than just the good design.

Good luck getting work in this industry if you talk to a real client that way. The design industry is very tight-knit, and if you want to include your work in your portfolio for future gigs you can't expect a good reference from your past employees with comments like that.

I'm assuming I didn't choose your design, and well I guess I'm sorry I didn't, but it's really not fair to anyone for you to openly criticize the 'winning entries' once you have lost.

Would you appreciate the same done to your work if yours had won?

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Get over yourself a little bit, whchoclte. You're a good designer, but being a tool will get you nowhere, sport... Hell, it'll only get in the way of your progression towards being a better designer.

I hope you enjoy your sour grapes from the sidelines, slick.

OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

First off, I want to say thank you to Chris for helping out with this round! Obviously, a very tough decision with all of these entries.

So, with Chris's votes, I will now unveil the winners and the losers of Round 1...

Set 1

McWaffleshot (1A) defeats Nemesis Design Alliance (1B)

Set 2

Lo-Fi Identity Systems (2A) defeats Designing Five-O (2B)

Set 3

Triumvirate Creative (3B) defeats G3 Studios (3A)

Set 4

Team SICK (4B) defeats Ultimate Megapowers (4A)

Congratulations to our four winners for Round 1! So, now comes the all-important elimination votes. I'd like for the winners to PM their elimination votes to me and I will announce them all together this afternoon (hopefully, if I get all four).

Once again, guys, fantastic job on this round and once the eliminations are done, we can get on with Round 2 of the Quarterfinals!

Archived