Players You Hate

rsaline

Don't think this has been done before, but are there any players you absolutely can't stand? Historical or current. Any sport. Just people that make you want to punch a wall when you see them. I guess you could include coaches, too.

Here are some of mine:

NFL: Keyshawn Johnson, Philip Rivers, Josh McDaniels, Tom Brady (but I would probably like him if he was on my team), Bill Romanowski

NBA: LeBron (because of ESPN), Tracy McGrady, James Harden, Meta World Peace

NHL: Todd Bertuzzi, The Detroit Redwings (nothing personal)

MLB: Eric Byrnes, Ryan Braun, Jose Reyes, Roger Clemens, Sammy Sosa

Soccer: Luis Suarez (what are you? 5? stop biting people!), Diego Costa

NASCAR: Tony Stewart

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't have that many.  I don't get that bent outta shape about guys that want out (Kevin Love, Chuck Knoblauch, Johan Santana, etc.).  And I don't often have it in for specific players on rival teams.

Kobe is my far and away #1.  I hated him when his 18-year-old self said he would only play in a big market.  I hated him when he was clearly trying to win All-Star MVP in Philly.  Those things were pre-Eagle.  But Eagle helped intensify it.  As did him being the most beloved player of my lifetime despite what allegedly happened.

Todd "it is what it is" Bertuzzi.

Reggie White's bizarre rant at the Wisconsin Assembly put him sorta on the fringe...I don't know that I "hate" him, but I lost some respect.  

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

NFL: Hines Ward (probably most hated player for me, any sport, any time), Tom Brady, Gronk

MLB: A-Rod, Barry Bonds, Jeter (I know that will cause some division, and I liked Jeter way better than A-Rod, by Jeter always cam across as super arrogant to me)

NHL: Sidney Crosby, Evgeny Malkin, Matt Cooke

Soccer: Diego Costa, "hate" is a little too strong but always thought Ronaldo was too arrogant, Wayne Rooney

Those are all I can think of right now, I'm sure I'll be adding to the list

spacer.png

41 minutes ago, Zeus89725 said:

Screen Shot 2016-05-20 at 16.13.25.png

The defense and goalies too. 

I also hate Todd Bertuzzi, Tom Wilson, and Alex Ovechkin.

Come on... Can you really hate Matt Cullen??? 

I absolutely can't stand Patrick Kane, Tyler Seguin, Andrew Shaw, and Cody McLeod

He's the Worst of all of them...

139369237_crop_north.jpg?w=630&h=420&q=7

He's the Supreme Goon Leader... 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

23 minutes ago, chcarlson23 said:

He's the Worst of all of them...

139369237_crop_north.jpg?w=630&h=420&q=7

He's the Supreme Goon Leader... 

Oh come on, Cody McLeod is awesome! I'm not even an Avs fan, but I have respect for the guy.

Also, when your team has Matt Cooke, you can't complain about goons. His play against the Avs a few years ago was just brutal.

I may not like certain players because of the team they play for, or their nationality, but I can't really say I hate any of them. They're just out there doing their job, I'm not going to hate someone who hit a game winning home run for the opposition, because the fault should lie with the pitcher from my team and not the guy trying to do his job for his team.

So, no matter how bad their behavior is, there is no athlete I truly hate. Maybe it's just my definition of hate, or nobody really pops to mind.

On a side note, one of the highlights of my brother's life was getting Shawn Bradley to get into a yelling match with him at a 76ers-Sonics game...

3 hours ago, Zeus89725 said:

Screen Shot 2016-05-20 at 16.13.25.png

So close...

3 hours ago, Zeus89725 said:

I also hate Todd Bertuzzi, Tom Wilson, and Alex Ovechkin.

...yet so far

spacer.png

It takes a lot for me to actually "hate" someone, but there are a few that I'm not too fond of...

Tom Brady - He's arrogant, but most of my distain torwards him comes from his fans.

Ben Roethlisberger - He's so full of himself.

Russell Wilson - It seems like he tries too hard to be labeled as a "good guy".

Yadier Molina - 2010.

Draymond Green - He seems to never shut up.

Patrick Kane - He comes off to me as a douche.

4 hours ago, Zeus89725 said:

Oh come on, Cody McLeod is awesome! I'm not even an Avs fan, but I have respect for the guy.

Also, when your team has Matt Cooke, you can't complain about goons. His play against the Avs a few years ago was just brutal.

I have his autograph! But that's pretty much the extent to how much I like him. I was tempted to ask him about the game 7 against the Avs, but I forgot he was suspended...:D 

I'm really sure what either Cooke or McLeod are like off the ice, but they're dirty, cheap, players on the ice, and when they occasionally score, is usually one of those stupid goals that really dumbfound you or piss you off. Or both... 

http://video.wild.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=2014020930-X-a 

Around 1:30 is McLeod's "Goal"  

This is probably the worst call I've ever seen. Dubnyk gets pushed in by McLeod, (Who skated into him under his own power, he wasn't pushed.) and should have been called for goaltending interference and therefore no goal... I can't believe the call STILL and it's been over a year... This is why I can't stand McLeod...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Archived