Vikings to Sign Lesnar

Lee.

From the TSN Website

7/27/2004

ST. PAUL, Minneapolis (Ticker) - It appears pro wrestler Brock Lesnar made enough of an impression on Mike Tice.

The St. Paul Pioneer Press is reporting that the Minnesota Vikings will sign Lesnar to a contract, pending a physical.

Tice, the Vikings coach, made the decision after putting Lesnar through a strenuous 45-minute workout, according to the newspaper.

The 6-3, 286-pound Lesnar, who hasn't played football since high school, will report to Vikings training camp Friday as a defensive tackle.

"I'm excited," Lesnar told the newspaper. "All I ask for is the opportunity, and he's given me that."

Welcome to DrunjFlix

anyone else hear the circus music in the background... dont get me wrong lesnar is an animal the guys a natural athlete his wrestling credentials in the NCAA are phenominal.... but really this reaks of easy publicity... if he does well ill eat my words but man... i dunno i really dont see him getting much time off the bench... the guy hasnt played football since highschool...

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

He was going to play college football, and was good enough to do so in college but gave up football for wrestling. I think this was a smart move by the Vikings. I can't imagine he was asking for too much money and he's obviously in tremendous shape as he's been active since he last played football. He's got the mentality, and he's been training with former NFL players, I believe. He's a project, but if it doesn't work -- oh well. If it does work, you look like a genius.

IUe6Hvh.png

i smell publicity stunt.

i honestly don't know who he is. i don't follow wrestling so i don't know anyone in that sport. in anycase, good luck to him and the vikes.

Magus.png

General Magus Zeal

Leader of the Mystics of Medina.

The forums most hated member ever.

what is it with Minnesota and wrestlers? I mean, it's not like they're popping out Dan Gables and Cael Sandersons every day :hockeysmiley: (to be fair, we ain't doin that either)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Okay, I'm an avid WWE fan, well not so much as I used to be but anyways...

I don't know what Minnesota is thinking signing Lesnar. I mean he could very well be a great player, he's in great shape and he's a beast. I personally think that this won't work out because no one, to my recollection, has made the transfer from pro wrestling to NFL. Now there are many that have done the opposite.

But then we'll all see how it works out soon enough.

Oh, that comment on Favre and the F-5, freaking hilarious, priceless man.

"Favre takes the snap.. is under pressure.. ohhhhhhh and is F-5ed at the 23 yard line..."

well, he IS the nexst big thing, according to paul heyman :P

The Danimal said:
Texas is the state that gave us George W. Bush and Sarah Palin. 'Nuff said.

Lesnar's in tremendous shape with great physical ability. This is not a WWE-type publicity stunt. Lesnar had hurt his neck and I think was suffering a lot of headaches from a concussion suffered at Wrestlemania a few years ago. Whether he has a lot of football skills remains to be seen, but he is freakishly strong, and it couldn't hurt the Vikings to have him on the team.

There have been a few WWE wrestlers who are on to other things due to concussions. Lesnar with the NFL hopes for one. Christopher Nowitzki is touring around the country as part of a concussion support group/prevention seminar for young student athletes. He's also a Harvard graduate and college football player, so it's not like he doesn't have an education to fall back on.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

"Favre takes the snap.. is under pressure.. ohhhhhhh and is F-5ed at the 23 yard line..."

that is agood one, even sounds like something Vince would cook up for a commercial.

well, for years pro-footballers have gone to be wrestlers, or at least try (Goldberg, Rock, Ron Simmons) lets see if a wrastler can go over to the other side. He is a big muther-trucker that boy, got muscles on his muscles, and he isn't that old either. i'll be interested to see just how he manages in the Bigs. all the power to him if he can make it

Well Lesner has not played football in years and thats what the real issue is I believe. He is in shape no doubt anbout but does he have the football skills needed?

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Lesnar's in tremendous shape with great physical ability. This is not a WWE-type publicity stunt. Lesnar had hurt his neck and I think was suffering a lot of headaches from a concussion suffered at Wrestlemania a few years ago. Whether he has a lot of football skills remains to be seen, but he is freakishly strong, and it couldn't hurt the Vikings to have him on the team.

There have been a few WWE wrestlers who are on to other things due to concussions. Lesnar with the NFL hopes for one. Christopher Nowitzki is touring around the country as part of a concussion support group/prevention seminar for young student athletes. He's also a Harvard graduate and college football player, so it's not like he doesn't have an education to fall back on.

I had heard he was just sick of having to travel so much. that was a scary spot when the stupid bastard flipped end over end and landed square on his head. He was lucky he didn't cripple or kill himself there

No one knows right now. I do not think this is that much a publicity stunt. Sure, Lesnar is a well known entertainer, but this isn't one of those Garth Brooks-spring training for charity kind of deals. This is something Lesnar wants to do for himself. Why else would he give up a hugely lucrative WWE career for something that pays so much less?

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

No he wnats to play in the NFL so this is not a publicity stunt and the NFL is too serious of sport to play gimicks like this any more.

They did in 1965 for George Plimpton but thats another story.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived