NCAA Basketball Changes 2016/17

TVIXX

8 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

It's worse on football for sure.  The uniforms are so tight that folds cause issues distinguishing 3, 6, 8, and 9.  It happens to me a couple of times a game.  I doubt it will be a problem in basketball, though the narrowness could be a minor problem.

What they had last year for football was probably the best they've looked in years.  Generic Ripon template with block numbers.

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More pictures of the retail versions of the new Oregon jerseys (the green and yellow ones at least): 

IMG_2415.JPGIMG_2416.JPG

After seeing the first pictures of them I didn't think the green jersey had the same piping as the yellow ones but it's clear from these new pictures that they actually do and that it's just hard to see because it's a lighter shade of green.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

On 10/21/2016 at 0:55 PM, upperV03 said:

Some new unis for Georgetown on the new template as well:

IMG_2392.JPG

I like them -- except for the "GEORGETOWN" on the front left thigh.  The font is too small and condensed to be legible from a distance.

19 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Closer look at all of the new Ole Miss uniforms on the new Nike template:

IMG_2450.JPGIMG_2451.JPGIMG_2452.JPGIMG_2453.JPG

That's actually the Disruption II template the elite schools got in February as their one-offs.  Note that it doesn't have the ventilation holes on the jersey and if you had a shot of the back, you would see it had the seam going across between the state of Mississippi and the player name which is not present on the new Vapor jerseys.  It also doesn't have the new waistband that the Vapor uniforms have which has some ventilation and the school logo in the middle.

On 10/23/2016 at 9:19 PM, jtsteward said:

Wisconsin had its Red/White Scrimmage today. Unveiled their new UA Uni's.

IMG_0146.JPG

IMG_0147.JPG

IMG_0148.JPG

Man, the letters on the front are tiny! Most people watching will know who they are, I'm sure, but a "Wisconsin" that's big enough to read from a distance would be nice.

Oregon has finally taken their team photo and it reveals most of their new uniform, except for the design on the shorts.  The only detail you can make out on the shorts is an O logo on the waistband.

CwSb973UkAEc0PE.jpg:large

I was looking around to see if the shorts are up for sale and one place has these listed as replica shorts.  Even though they are missing the logo on the waistband, they seem to fit the cut of the new Nike uniforms so I'm beginning to think these will be the new design for the season.

6861-2T.jpg

10 minutes ago, 14er said:

You can kind of make out the wings in the team picture. Can't tell if they are black or dark green. 

I think you're probably seeing some shadows.  I doubt the wings on the shorts are going to be black or dark green since they are likely going to be using the same green/yellow scheme from the jersey.

7 minutes ago, Webfooter said:

I think you're probably seeing some shadows.  I doubt the wings on the shorts are going to be black or dark green since they are likely going to be using the same green/yellow scheme from the jersey.

I actually think @14er is right. If you look closely on some of the player's shorts you can definitely make out the beginning of the wing pattern and it appears to be dark green. It's especially noticeable on the right leg of Tyler Dorsey's shorts and if you compare where the pattern starts on his shorts to where it starts on the replica shorts that you posted, it's the same. The dark green for the wings would actually fit pretty well IMO because the piping on the sides of the green jersey is tonal and it'd be pretty similar to the shorts of the green fauxbacks:

IMG_2478.JPG

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, Webfooter said:

You are assuming they are going to have one set of green shorts. This is Oregon we are talking about.

1 hour ago, Webfooter said:

Oregon has finally taken their team photo and it reveals most of their new uniform, except for the design on the shorts.  The only detail you can make out on the shorts is an O logo on the waistband.

I was looking around to see if the shorts are up for sale and one place has these listed as replica shorts.  Even though they are missing the logo on the waistband, they seem to fit the cut of the new Nike uniforms so I'm beginning to think these will be the new design for the season.

6861-2T.jpg

Now those I can get behind! Makes up for the incredibly boring top

Looks like we won't find out until the season starts since apparel merchandise across multiple websites seems slow at updating and Oregon is not really good about marketing the basketball team.  I think the only full uniforms we know they'll have in the rotation are the two retros.

Edit:  Oregon has posted a video of today's photoshoot on Facebook and they do show off the shorts.  They appear to have the wing pattern from the replica shorts I found but in a tonal design like on the new retail jerseys.  The stripe from the jersey does continue down onto the shorts and meets up with one of the longer feathers on the backside of the wing pattern.  I'm beginning to wonder if they'll have 2 apple green versions of the shorts or the replica shorts are not an accurate representation.

Archived