NCAA Basketball Changes 2016/17

TVIXX

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why is Oregon playing Army dress up against Army? I have no problem with schools wearing camo but it shouldn't be worn against actual (future) military personnel.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

20 minutes ago, kcchiefsfan said:

Why is Oregon playing Army dress up against Army? I have no problem with schools wearing camo but it shouldn't be worn against actual (future) military personnel.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery???:unsure:

I'm 100% in agreement with you.

42 minutes ago, kcchiefsfan said:

It's Veteran's Day tomorrow, which could explain it also.  They're also providing these shirts to students.

CwxbgL5UoAAhrqi.jpg:large

Here's a better shot at Oregon's shorts design for this year:

IMG_2544.JPG

The color of the wings on these shorts differ from the ones that the team wore for their team picture so it's highly possible that they'll have two different green sets this season.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

The Auburn women's team broke out some new uniforms this weekend. Northwestern Stripes everywhere! As you can see, they're on the shorts - but also taper on the inner thigh thanks to the template. Also, a set of stripes on the collar, which as odd as it seems, I think breaks up all the white on the jersey quite well. 

2016-11-11 vs Troy - Anthony Hall, Auburn Athletics (1).jpeg2016-11-11 vs Troy - Anthony Hall, Auburn Athletics (2).jpeg

Sadly, the NOBs are below the number. Oddly enough, there's yet another set of stripes where the NOBs normally go, which is very similar to the vests/polos that Gus Malzahn has been wearing and the sideline apparel available this season.

2016-11-11 vs Troy - Anthony Hall, Auburn Athletics (5).jpeg9-3-16 vs Clemson, Shanna Lockwood.jpg

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

1 hour ago, Webfooter said:

Oregon's fan store is selling the green version with the tonal wings (but have the Duck logo instead of the O logo on the waist) and the yellow version with black wings.

Nike%20Authentic%20Basketball%20Short_1.Nike%20Authentic%20Basketball%20Short_Ye

Hmm, interesting. I definitely like the green version with the tonal wings more than the one with the yellow wings. But overall I'm liking the looks of the new shorts design and I'm glad they're finally using the wings for the basketball team in some capacity.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Another reason to dislike this new Nike cut. When players wear sleeveless undershirts, the undershirts leak out of the jersey on all sides. Looks tacky. And when they wear sleeved undershirts, the tail of the Nike swoosh on the undershirt leaks out. 

I really like that Auburn women's set. 

On Sunday, November 13, 2016 at 4:53 PM, Webfooter said:

Oregon's fan store is selling the green version with the tonal wings (but have the Duck logo instead of the O logo on the waist) and the yellow version with black wings.

Nike%20Authentic%20Basketball%20Short_1.Nike%20Authentic%20Basketball%20Short_Ye

They remind me of something a MMA fighter would wear, minus all the ads.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 11/13/2016 at 8:02 PM, 14er said:

Another reason to dislike this new Nike cut. When players wear sleeveless undershirts, the undershirts leak out of the jersey on all sides. Looks tacky. And when they wear sleeved undershirts, the tail of the Nike swoosh on the undershirt leaks out. 

Gee Nike would never do something like that intentionally

z9e0rqit393ojiizsemd0t1hx.gif74937881997.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)North Carolina Tar Heels (2015 - Pres)

On 10/21/2016 at 0:55 PM, upperV03 said:

Some new unis for Georgetown on the new template as well:

IMG_2391.JPGIMG_2393.JPGIMG_2394.JPG

I'm watching the Hoyas wear the white ones vs. Maryland.  On further review, I really don't like the new kente pattern on the side panels.  It's not as distinctively...kente as their traditional pattern.  There's only one square "tile," and it just repeats in different 90-degree orientations (at a 45-degree bias).  It kinda looks like a parquet floor, not kente.  

Compare to the old pattern, which was much bolder and more distinctive:

maxresdefault.jpg

FWIW, Georgetown's court still has a the old kente as part of the sideline border (alongside the scorer's table).  

Oregon going with their apple greens at home tonight, likely because Valparaiso is wearing their yellow away uniforms.  Main difference these have from the retail versions are the O on the waistband and the black stripe going up the sides of the shorts and jerseys.  Kinda odd that those two versions differ so much from one another.

Cxf-EaaVIAEznLM.jpg

Archived