2017 World Baseball Classic

Anubis2051

Well, the Stinking Cubs finally won a World Series, technically, for the first time in over a century, so why not have Israel somehow actually winning the WBC?  Yes, I don't like the Cubs, but I still recognize them as a historical and classic MLB team, even so.  I love the Cardinals, but even so, I can recognize that Chicago's still had some rather good teams in the past, even ones that fell short of winning the World Series for so long.  And also, if I remember correctly, head-to-head all-time in matchups on the field of play, the Cubs still lead us in the all-time series, even though we still beat them in terms of overall championships and possibly in primary-team Hall of Famers.  Even if we swept them for at least the next one or two seasons in head-to-head matchups, I think they'd still hold the overall head-to-head lead on us with them.  That is all.  Turtle Pilgrim out.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not liking these new darker gray unis teams are wearing. Most teams have a dark number/name and its bleeding in too much with darker gray. I saw a high school team in our local paper today with one. They had a far off shot and I thought it was a black uniform with black numbers and gold outline. The up close shot showed it is Black numbers/gold outline but it's a really dark gray jersey. I think to make them work, the lighter color needs to be the number, but the dark outline would then get lost. To sum it up...just use the standard gray please.

KISSwall09.jpg

So Korea... they wear a lighter shade of blue than any other team right? Like it's not even royal, it's lighter than royal? Because I'm pretty positive the Israelis are wearing the lighter royal blue like the Mets do and the Koreans seem to have a lighter blue than them. But in photos sometimes I see the Korean caps as looking just royal. 

Cuba's uniforms would look great if they were on a light gray and not the dark gray. I feel like I'm gonna say that a lot during this tournament. There's no light outline on the wordmark the names or the numbers so you can't see anything on the Cuban jersey even though it's clearly a solid design on there. I'm sure their white jersey will look nice. 

Japan looks the best they've ever looked in the wbc.

On 3/4/2017 at 7:18 PM, SilverBullet1929 said:

This dark gray trend needs to end and end fast. The brightness of a light gray lets colors and logos pop off it. The dark gray swallows all the colors and logos and hides things making it all hard to make out. 

you have to have light or white numbers and lettering to make it work 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

Israel won 15-7, but nearly let Taiwan get back into the game.  Fortunately, the Taiwanese were only able to get from 3-15 to 7-15, before the game ended.  While Israel played really well, it seems, or Taiwan goofed a lot, or both, Israel's going to have to play better against the Netherlands, I believe, if they want to SWEEP their pool, of course.  Go, Go, Israel!  Turtle Pilgrim out.

My guy, there's a massive amount of difference from a good MLB team built through the draft and developing players to win 114 games in a year than a team built of free agent jewish players and players in low minor leagues who-they-found-on-facebook winning. They've won two games and are a great story, but their roster is not deep at all. Taiwan isn't a strong team, and they scraped by Korea and should've scored way more than they did.

If they win, wow what an underdog story. But it is literally the 2nd day of the tournament.

I'd argue Mexico may be the best looking team in the whole thing, with Japan not too far behind.

Even with the dark grey, I've really liked Israel's look as well. That blue just works with the dark grey well somehow. I've also been pleasantly suprised with the Netherlands. I like that crown over the wordmark a lot.

USA still looks like crap, but oh well.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

These hats have been awful for forever and I can't believe they're still using them.

2008-usa-wbc-joe-torre.jpg

That font, the drop shadow, the intersecting lines, the unnecessary star, the way it turns into an illegible blob from 10 feet away. The only way it could be busier is if they crammed an A in there. 

We need new baseball uniforms. This is the biggest problem facing our country. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Perfect example of how the dark gray sucks up all the beauty of this uniform. It's gonna look good on white but man that dark gray drowns everything away. And this is a high quality picture, it's even worse seen in motion on a TV screen, I can't imagine how it looks from the stands...

China takes Classic stage vs. motivated Cuba

4 hours ago, Ray Lankford said:

I have to say, and without getting into how so many teams in the WBC half-ass their uniforms, this look IMG_2333.JPGis so amazing:

That is a tiny dude. Maybe it's the angle but I thought he was a mannequin for a second.

ClAFLDa.png

1 hour ago, McCarthy said:

These hats have been awful for forever and I can't believe they're still using them.

2008-usa-wbc-joe-torre.jpg

That font, the drop shadow, the intersecting lines, the unnecessary star, the way it turns into an illegible blob from 10 feet away. The only way it could be busier is if they crammed an A in there. 

We need new baseball uniforms. This is the biggest problem facing our country. 

I like these, I've always wanted to see alternate red and white caps.

40 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Perfect example of how the dark gray sucks up all the beauty of this uniform. It's gonna look good on white but man that dark gray drowns everything away. And this is a high quality picture, it's even worse seen in motion on a TV screen, I can't imagine how it looks from the stands...

China takes Classic stage vs. motivated Cuba

I think the dark is a nice modern touch.  I'm enjoying seeing these new shades of grey for road uniforms.  I wish the Blue Jays dark greys had stuck around longer before the retro redesign.

1 hour ago, Yippy said:

I think the dark is a nice modern touch.  I'm enjoying seeing these new shades of grey for road uniforms.  I wish the Blue Jays dark greys had stuck around longer before the retro redesign.

But they need certain aspects to work... namely much brighter colors on the names, numbers, and wordmarks or at least bright or white outlines such as Israel has...

Israel routs Taipei, sprints to 2-0 Classic start

Archived