2017 World Baseball Classic

Anubis2051

Back in September Japan changed the jersey they'll be wearing for the WBC, along with other international competitions. Here are two pics below. Of note, the article I read insists the cap the away jersey and the letters on the home jersey are a dark navy blue and are not black. They sure look black to me especially the away jersey so I question this but we shall see... 

sp-WBC-a-20160924.jpg

sty1609230010-f2.jpg

Just for reference here's a reminder of what Japan wore in the 2013 WBC. I always hated the two different word marks. They look like two different teams from the same country. Kinda how the Yankees and Mets both have jerseys that say New York across the chest but they're clearly different teams...

20130131112842.jpg

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone heard anything on how the 2017 wbc jerseys will look? I'm curious because I found this... a few weeks ago MLBPA had a community event and a baseball clinic for kids in Puerto Rico. Several MLB players were in attendance and while this didn't seem to be a WBC specific event, all of the attending players have committed to the WBC and were at the event in WBC jerseys. These could very well have been random jerseys made up for the players this one day but being so close to the 2017 wbc it makes me wonder if these are signs of the next wbc uniforms. Also it is noticeable that these are new designs, if they wanted to wear any random jerseys they could have probably found leftover jerseys from the 2013 wbc but they did not. Also it's glaring that Jose Altuve is wearing a Venezuela jersey with their new red blue and yellow color scheme and not the old maroon one they've traditionally worn so his is definitely something new. Here's a few pics of the event, the jerseys aren't all easy to make out because they weren't the focus of most of the pics. Chris Archer is in the USA jersey, Francisco Lindor Puerto Rico, Oliver Perez Mexico, Jose Altuve Venezuela, and Colome Dominican Republic. Notice that except for Mexico all teams shown are now in (psuedo) vests with different colored sleeves.

puerto_rico_1280_952izlbj_hn5xlilt.pngmlbf_1216471483_th_45.jpgCz1FdsfVIAA2oq4.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, jmac11281 said:

They are all the same. Disappointing. 

They've all been the roughly same template with the exception of the '06 WBC. '09 had the underarm pannels, '13 was the BP style, and this year with the vest look.  

Additionally, they appear to be standard doubleknit.  No Flex Base or COOLBASE or the BP materials this go around.  Maybe Majestic doesn't see the point in pushing a new fabric since they'll be out of the MLB jersey business in 2 years.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Canada is the only one that really looks good there because it actually looks like their flag. Besides that everything is weak. Cuba and Puerto Rico look like they can get away with the vest look fine. In general though vests are an alternate and don't work for everyone so a vest shouldn't have been the default look. And why is it that Mexico gets away with no vests? Also I'm pretty positive Japan and Korea don't follow these garbage team plates so why don't the other countries have their own looks as well? Makes me think it's the fault of the countries and not MLB and or the WBC. It's like MLB said "create any jersey you want but if you don't we'll give you this default fake vest" and then instead of one or two teams going to the default vest almost every team took the easy way out to the fake vest and only a couple made their own looks. If that's the case the teams are at fault. Shame. 

1 hour ago, hawk36 said:

Sad that the USA continues to have one of the worst and least baseball like looks in the classic. Really, really, bad. 

#TrumpTweet

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

On 1/4/2017 at 10:13 PM, SilverBullet1929 said:

Back in September Japan changed the jersey they'll be wearing for the WBC, along with other international competitions. Here are two pics below. Of note, the article I read insists the cap the away jersey and the letters on the home jersey are a dark navy blue and are not black. They sure look black to me especially the away jersey so I question this but we shall see... 

sp-WBC-a-20160924.jpg

sty1609230010-f2.jpg

Just for reference here's a reminder of what Japan wore in the 2013 WBC. I always hated the two different word marks. They look like two different teams from the same country. Kinda how the Yankees and Mets both have jerseys that say New York across the chest but they're clearly different teams...

20130131112842.jpg

Japan for the win!

On Thu Feb 02 2017 at 8:18 AM, AstroBull21 said:

Maybe it's time for the WBC and Olympics to states that national federation logos cannot be used on uniforms, like what the Olympics did with hockey.

The uniforms would be even more generic than they are now.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived