2016 MLB Post Season Thread

PittsburghSucks

If you gotta be down by three, I guess it's best that it happened early. I'd much rather give up three in the first than three in the seventh. Still a lot of baseball to be played tonight.

Speaking of that ill-advised Buckner video I posted, didn't the Cubs have a 3-0 lead in Game 6 of the 2003 NLCS? B) 

BB52Big.jpg

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's going to be an awful lot of panic and concern, I'm sure, and I'm not about to say it's unmerited, but if you remember the (oversimplified) distillation of this series at the outset, the basic idea for Cleveland to win was to win the Kluber starts and swipe one of the other four games; that would get them to where they needed to be.

Well, they have Game 7, at home, with Kluber on the mound for it. Obviously, it would've been even more ideal to wrap it in 5 or 6, but short rest Trevor Bauer, an inconsistent pitcher with a whacked pinky, and a short rest Josh Tomlin, who I'm not even sure how he's done as well as he's done this postseason (soft-tossing RHP's vs. three strong lineups? Heh), was not a recipe for surefire success. Within the original gameplan for Cleveland in this series, they have all they could ask for lined up for Game 7. Now it's just a matter of executing the gameplan tomorrow night.

Two years ago, in Game 6, the Royals utterly decimated the Giants to force Game 7. The Royals did not win that Game 7. What happens tonight to the Indians will have zero bearing on what happens tomorrow night. Honestly, if Cleveland can't comeback tonight, I can't wait for what tomorrow night has in store.

(I also can't wait because...by the time I was able to watch this game tonight, it was already 7-zip, so, yeah. Not much for me here.)

spacer.png

22 minutes ago, Kramerica Industries said:

There's going to be an awful lot of panic and concern, I'm sure, and I'm not about to say it's unmerited, but if you remember the (oversimplified) distillation of this series at the outset, the basic idea for Cleveland to win was to win the Kluber starts and swipe one of the other four games; that would get them to where they needed to be.

Well, they have Game 7, at home, with Kluber on the mound for it. Obviously, it would've been even more ideal to wrap it in 5 or 6, but short rest Trevor Bauer, an inconsistent pitcher with a whacked pinky, and a short rest Josh Tomlin, who I'm not even sure how he's done as well as he's done this postseason (soft-tossing RHP's vs. three strong lineups? Heh), was not a recipe for surefire success. Within the original gameplan for Cleveland in this series, they have all they could ask for lined up for Game 7. Now it's just a matter of executing the gameplan tomorrow night.

Two years ago, in Game 6, the Royals utterly decimated the Giants to force Game 7. The Royals did not win that Game 7. What happens tonight to the Indians will have zero bearing on what happens tomorrow night. Honestly, if Cleveland can't comeback tonight, I can't wait for what tomorrow night has in store.

(I also can't wait because...by the time I was able to watch this game tonight, it was already 7-zip, so, yeah. Not much for me here.)

Bless you, Kramerica. That was exactly what I needed to hear.

With regard to tonight, yeah, it sucks, but if necessary (this one ain't over yet)  I'll get my hopes up again tomorrow and we'll see what happens. It takes four wins to be crowned World Series Champions. As of right now, neither team has four wins. Until one does, this thing ain't over for anyone.

BB52Big.jpg

Thank God for the SiriusXM app. One more inning of Joe Buck and I may have quit baseball for good. I'll sit back and listen to ESPN Radio or the local feed. If the Tribe starts the miracle comeback, I'll tune back in, but for now, this is a Joe Buck Free Zone.

BB52Big.jpg

Archived