2016 MLB Post Season Thread

PittsburghSucks

4 hours ago, Cujo said:

Not too worried about the Cubs' starters. Jake had a no-hitter in the 6th in Game 2, he'll be just fine.

Bottom line: If the Cubs bats don't do their thing, it's over.

It's in the mid 70's here today. That should help a little with the Cubs hitting.

BB52Big.jpg

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be seeing Nick Offerman here in Champaign so I'll likely miss the first half of the game.  Hopefully when I get home, it'll be to good news.  

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Bad memories, of course, but dangit if it isn't a good speech...

95d29d6dd247acfd96d9d6ab9078c90e.jpg

"This is it.  Don't let us win today, just put us to bed tonight, put us home.  We win tonight, we got Chapman in the pen, we've got Arietta in Game 6, and in Game 7, anything can happen.  Anything can happen." - paraphrased from Kevin Millar.

spacer.png

spacer.png

17 minutes ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

Bad memories, of course, but dangit if it isn't a good speech...

95d29d6dd247acfd96d9d6ab9078c90e.jpg

"This is it.  Don't let us win today, just put us to bed tonight, put us home.  We win tonight, we got Chapman in the pen, we've got Arietta in Game 6, and in Game 7, anything can happen.  Anything can happen." - paraphrased from Kevin Millar.

That's one Red Sox inspired take on tonight's game. Here's another...

BB52Big.jpg

1 minute ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

Huh...  I was totally sure you'd pick a game where the team that was down 3-2 DIDN'T win Game 6.  XD

That wasn't lost on me but it also wasn't the point I was trying to make. You picked a Red Sox team in game six so I picked another Red Sox team in game six. 

BB52Big.jpg

2 minutes ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

Huh...  I was totally sure you'd pick a game where the team that was down 3-2 DIDN'T win Game 6.  XD

So you were sure I'd reply and then you were sure of the game I'd pick? Seems to me, that makes you the guy to tell me the score of tonight's game. And this week's lottery numbers. B)

BB52Big.jpg

2 minutes ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

Definitely a better one.

Thought you might like that one. I know I did. I've hated the Red Sox since the day I became a baseball fan. No idea why, but I've always despised that team. 

BB52Big.jpg

3 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

So you were sure I'd reply and then you were sure of the game I'd pick? Seems to me, that makes you the guy to tell me the score of tonight's game. And this week's lottery numbers. B)

Well, when I read "That's one take, here's another...", I was sure you were going to counter the historic moment of a team coming back from behind to take it in seven with a team that was able to close things down, supporting your hopes that it ends tonight.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Game 6 will be interesting.

Just in case Tomlin struggles early, the Indians should have a quick hook (don't let him eat too many innings and let the lead get out of hand) and Merritt/Salazer should be on standby.

Also, here's a crazy thought- if the Indians get a lead and hold onto it, would Francona go to Miller to get the final 3 outs potentially?

31 minutes ago, SabresRule7361 said:

Game 6 will be interesting.

Just in case Tomlin struggles early, the Indians should have a quick hook (don't let him eat too many innings and let the lead get out of hand) and Merritt/Salazer should be on standby.

Also, here's a crazy thought- if the Indians get a lead and hold onto it, would Francona go to Miller to get the final 3 outs potentially?

I think once you get to games 6 & 7, any and everything is possible. 

BB52Big.jpg

Archived