2016 MLB Post Season Thread

PittsburghSucks

23 minutes ago, SabresRule7361 said:

2016 in so many ways has been a year for me to forget in so many areas.

Personal (Weight issues), big-picture (the election, all these tragedies from Orlando to Dallas).

And sports hasn't given me much to cheer about- let me count thy ways:

College football- a million bad bowl games and the one good one, freaking Alabama wins again.

NFL- Terrible Super Bowl. Perhaps it's fitting that the NFL has a Super Bowl champion in the offensively-challenged Broncos.

NHL- Anyone but the Penguins- Nope.

NBA- Anyone but the Cavs- Nope

NASCAR- Go to my first race ever- basically a Joey Logano weekend (wins pole, fastest lap, most laps led, win)

College Basketball- Freaking Syracuse makes the Final Four. No Buddy Hield in title game. The luckiest of lucky shots for Villanova

Soccer- Chile and Portugal win in frustrating fashion during the big summer soccer tourneys

MLB- I really liked this Cubs team. I believed this was their year. Now, barring a miracle, Cleveland's gonna break my heart TWICE in sports this year

I just wish we could punt 2016 and move on.

2017 can't get here soon enough in so many ways

Huh.  Why the Cavs and Chile hate?

23 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

I almost included the 2007 Indians, but I decided to stick to the World Series. FWIW, I wasn't any happier about a second Boston title than you were. And yeah, there's no doubt in my mind that the '07 Indians would have made quick work of the Rockies. 

The Rockies would have fallen to anyone after getting cooled down that year.  I spent years hearing about how with their record against the Red Sox being so lopsided, we were a couple thousand insects away from a title.

Glad we could agree on the darkness of that year... and that the Marlins suck.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, SabresRule7361 said:

Personal (Weight issues), big-picture (the election, all these tragedies from Orlando to Dallas).

College football- a million bad bowl games and the one good one, freaking Alabama wins again.

NFL- Terrible Super Bowl. Perhaps it's fitting that the NFL has a Super Bowl champion in the offensively-challenged Broncos.

NASCAR- Go to my first race ever- basically a Joey Logano weekend (wins pole, fastest lap, most laps led, win)

College Basketball- Freaking Syracuse makes the Final Four. No Buddy Hield in title game. The luckiest of lucky shots for Villanova

Soccer- Chile and Portugal win in frustrating fashion during the big summer soccer tourneys

MLB- I really liked this Cubs team. I believed this was their year. Now, barring a miracle, Cleveland's gonna break my heart TWICE in sports this year

Have you gotten help, from a mental health professional? I'm not trying to rag on you or anything like that, rather I'm concerned for your well-being. Talking things over with somebody (be it in person, over the phone, or online) and finding things in your life that make you a happier and less constantly-enraged person (sports is not one of those things, clearly) would take a great load off of your mind. I don't want to see you turn into a person who has to release their angst in a troll-like way. Nobody should do that.

59 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

I almost included the 2007 Indians, but I decided to stick to the World Series. FWIW, I wasn't any happier about a second Boston title than you were. And yeah, there's no doubt in my mind that the '07 Indians would have made quick work of the Rockies. 

Any AL team would've dispatched any of the NL teams very easily that year. The AL has been the superior of the two leagues for over a decade now, but the gulf was never wider than it was that season. Take a look:

AL playoff team win totals: 96, 96, 94, and 94

NL playoff team win totals: 90, 89, 89, and 85

Yikes, man.

spacer.png

As Joaquin Andujar put it, one word in America says it all, and that word is youneverknow.  The Tribe's stringing hits together, the Cubs are largely hitting atom balls.  That's the main thing about it.  That, and Lindor, Kluber and Miller are :censored: good. 

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

3 hours ago, SabresRule7361 said:

Why not just watch spongebob episodes 24/7 instead of sports? You know what you ´re getting there, just fun and nothing to upset you. Besides of course when Plankton steals the krabby patty recipe, but it usually works out in the end. 

Wouldn't it be something if Cleveland, who had a 3-1 series comeback, lost a series after having a 3-1 series lead?

It's not over Cubs, but your back is clearly against the wall.

Also, apparently; to win the the World Series, you just need to beat Toronto in the ALCS. Every team that beat Toronto in the ALCS went on to win the World Series that year. ('85 Royals, '89 Athletics, '91 Twins and '15 Royals). Chris Creamer predicted it.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

26 minutes ago, EvilChameleon said:

Well it wasn't a prediction so much as it was the facts...

I know, I know.

If the Cubs lose tonight or in Game 6/7; they should not fret. This team is just too stacked with young talent to not take another crack at a World Series crown. Unless injuries ravage the team, kind of like what happened to the Royals this year.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

8 hours ago, Discrimihater said:

As Joaquin Andujar put it, one word in America says it all, and that word is youneverknow.  The Tribe's stringing hits together, the Cubs are largely hitting atom balls.  That's the main thing about it.  That, and Lindor, Kluber and Miller are :censored: good. 

I can't hear that word without thinking about the New York Lottery.

spacer.png

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, EvilChameleon said:

Good evening I'm Yoooooooooooooolanda Vega!!

I just want to mention right now, that your name has been driving me crazy.  In a server me and my friends play on, there was a user in our community named "Chamelion" and... some numbers, I think.  Since it was a misspelling of the word, we got to referring to him as "Chame Lion", and every time you comment I can't help but say it in my head.  I think the word "chameleon" has been ruined for me forever.

spacer.png

spacer.png

18 minutes ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

I just want to mention right now, that your name has been driving me crazy.  In a server me and my friends play on, there was a user in our community named "Chamelion" and... some numbers, I think.  Since it was a misspelling of the word, we got to referring to him as "Chame Lion", and every time you comment I can't help but say it in my head.  I think the word "chameleon" has been ruined for me forever.

They see him rollin' They hatin'

;)

14 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

Yup. Here we go. I have a weird mix of being really nervous but also feeling really calm going on here. 

It’s weird. First time since 1948 that Cleveland has a chance to win a championship in a non-elimination game (i.e. Game 7 / NFL championship)

6fQjS3M.png

Archived