2016 MLB Post Season Thread

PittsburghSucks

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd comment on how a lot of you guys wishing such terrible things, but I've been sitting here during these playoffs hoping one of these teams' closer either blows up or takes their team to the promised land and becomes out of their price range so we can buy them back in the offseason.

spacer.png

spacer.png

:censored: YOU CLEVELAND.

You guys already won twice this year (The Calder Cup does indeed count in my eyes). LeBron finally got a title for you. Isn't that enough? 

After seeing you slaughter Toronto twice, I hope you guys never touch a championship trophy. I don't care how good your pitching was. You did not deserve to win either title, and you know it. This..... this doesn't sit right with me as a sports fan. The Cubs should've won this World Series. Yes, they still have a slim chance..... but we all know that ain't gonna happen. The Warriors had the best regular season record & LeBron ruined that. You guys got spoiled this year. 

Enjoy this title, Cleveland. But do note you didn't win it fairly. 

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

17 minutes ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

Miller coming out for the bottom of the 7th?  Admittedly, I haven't been focusing too much on the pitchers coming in and out, but what's he doing out there?

He's come in as early as the 6th in the postseason. Nothing unusual. 

BB52Big.jpg

2 minutes ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

I'd comment on how a lot of you guys wishing such terrible things, but I've been sitting here during these playoffs hoping one of these teams' closer either blows up or takes their team to the promised land and becomes out of their price range so we can buy them back in the offseason.

I mean, we’ve got Miller under contract for another two years, so maybe check back and see how we’re doing come 2018.

6fQjS3M.png

1 minute ago, infrared41 said:

He's come in as early as the 6th in the postseason. Nothing unusual. 

Is he not closing?  I thought he was closing over there?

Just now, crashcarson15 said:

I mean, we’ve got Miller under contract for another two years, so maybe check back and see how we’re doing come 2018.

Yeah.  Admittedly, as soon as I'd said that, I remembered Miller's not up in a few days like Chapman is.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Just now, Silent Wind of Doom said:

Is he not closing?  I thought he was closing over there?

Nah, Indians stuck with Cody Allen for the most part. Miller closed a couple games, but was typically in for the highest-leverage situation — like if 2-3-4 was up in the 7th, they’d pitch him there.

6fQjS3M.png

3 minutes ago, KittSmith_95 said:

You guys already won twice this year (The Calder Cup does indeed count in my eyes). LeBron finally got a title for you. Isn't that enough? 

After seeing you slaughter Toronto twice, I hope you guys never touch a championship trophy. I don't care how good your pitching was. You did not deserve to win either title, and you know it. This..... this doesn't sit right with me as a sports fan. The Cubs should've won this World Series. Yes, they still have a slim chance..... but we all know that ain't gonna happen. The Warriors had the best regular season record & LeBron ruined that. You guys got spoiled this year. 

To quote my friend, CS85...

Blow it out your ass, Kitt. 

BB52Big.jpg

1 minute ago, infrared41 said:

To quote my friend, CS85...

Blow it out your ass, Kitt. 

I agree with infrared.

I want the Cubs to win as much as the next guy, but recognize what's going on here. Cubs ran into a pitching buzz saw. 

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

It's been a while since I remember such a heavily favored "team of destiny" implode like this. Though to be fair, the warning signs have been there throughout the playoffs.

The Cubs were better than the Giants pretty handily and so their poor hitting was masked, and the Dodgers' pitching was pretty bad so again their poor hitting was masked. Now that they're facing a team with legitimately one of the best groups of pitchers I've seen in a while, their flaws are being openly exposed. Perhaps we should've seen this coming. 

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

The Cavs, the Indians, Ohio State Buckeyes, The Calder Cup...

@infrared41 You moved to Florida and now all your teams are winning championships.

I'm going to keep pointing this out until the Indians have won four games in this series - The Indians haven't won anything yet! B) Hell, they haven't even won this game yet.

Anyway, I only spend winters in Florida. I'm in Ohio for this. 

BB52Big.jpg

17 minutes ago, KittSmith_95 said:

How?  Sit down and reasonably explain what was undeserved about what the Indians did to the Blue Jays.  Is it because they knocked them out?  Do the Blue Jays not deserve to see a championship because they bounced the Rangers out in heartbreaking circumstances twice in a row?  You know, the Rangers who have never won a championship despite existing since the 70's while the Blue Jays won two in the nineties?

By the way, Cleveland won both those things for the first time ever.  They've been through a lot without winning ANYTHING!!!  If the Calder Cup counts, then the Argos' Grey Cup wins count too, so it ain't like you ain't won nothing lately.

spacer.png

spacer.png

1 minute ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

How?  Sit down and reasonably explain what was undeserved about what the Indians did to the Blue Jays.  Is it because they knocked them out? 

Not to pile on poor Kitt...OK, maybe to pile on poor Kitt just a little...but the Cavs beat the Raptors in the NBA Playoffs. 

BB52Big.jpg

Just now, EvilChameleon said:

One more win to go. Wow.

Going to be very tough with Bauer on the mound. I'm sure Lester doesn't want to pitch the losing game either. We'll see.

Be honest...  You wanna get it as soon as possible and remove any doubt, or do you kinda wanna lose tomorrow for the chance to win in Cleveland?

spacer.png

spacer.png

Archived