2016 MLB Post Season Thread

PittsburghSucks

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, mcj882000 said:

Canada's gotten Matt Vasgersian (aka the MLB The Show guy!) and Buck Martinez this year. I've been pretty happy with them.

It's oddly comforting to hear the two announcers I hear the most of doing these games. MUCH better than Joe Buck, at any rate.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Let's settle this Chapman question right now. Bringing him in early tonight is no big deal. If we end up going to game seven (and it's really looking like we will), the entire staff will be available for both teams and that cancels out using Chapman early tonight. I think Maddon is smart in locking this thing down as soon as he can.

BB52Big.jpg

26 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

Thank God for the SiriusXM app. One more inning of Joe Buck and I may have quit baseball for good. I'll sit back and listen to ESPN Radio or the local feed. If the Tribe starts the miracle comeback, I'll tune back in, but for now, this is a Joe Buck Free Zone.

"I'm Joe, that's John. Piss off!"

Interesting move by the Cubs.  Up five, yet bringing in the closer.  Not only do you waste pitches/inning Chapman can use tomorrow, he also may have injured himself on that play at first.  After 6 months and two rounds of playoffs, I'd want to get him as much time off as possible after going nearly three innings just two days ago.

While I get the "tomorrow doesn't exist until we get there" mentality, gotta have some faith in other pitchers being able to get outs, even if you give up a run or two.  That's what a five-run lead gives you the opportunity to do.

1 hour ago, EvilChameleon said:

Likewise if the Indians blow a 3-1 lead with the last two games at home, they don't deserve to be champs either.

So clearly we have to give the title to the Giants again.

Several members of the bullpen then proceed to accidentally drop the Commissioner's Trophy into an open sewer grate, because that's the 2016 Giants' bullpen for you.

Ok, I could understand why you go to Chapman in the 7th.  Two on, two out, get the inning over with before it could get out of control, even if you're up five runs.  Job done, even though it took replay to confirm it.

Now there's absolutely no reason why he's still out there.  Every pitch he throws tonight makes him that much less effective tomorrow, when leashes are going to be short for all the pitchers.  Maddon is doing what Fredi Gonzalez would often do....treat every game like it's the loser's bracket in Omaha.

16 minutes ago, HedleyLamarr said:

Ok, I could understand why you go to Chapman in the 7th.  Two on, two out, get the inning over with before it could get out of control, even if you're up five runs.  Job done, even though it took replay to confirm it.

Now there's absolutely no reason why he's still out there.  Every pitch he throws tonight makes him that much less effective tomorrow, when leashes are going to be short for all the pitchers.  Maddon is doing what Fredi Gonzalez would often do....treat every game like it's the loser's bracket in Omaha.

Yeah, that was some profoundly stupid managering from Maddon. As well as he seems to handle his personnel as human beings, as an in-game tactician he's a little dumb.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

38 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Oh damn, CS85 was at Nick Offerman tonight and missed Addison Russell plating six in the first three innings, didn't he?

I did, but Offerman was wearing a Cubs shirt and every 20 minutes or so asked for game updates to be delivered over the PA, so the crowd (full of Cub fans) were going nuts.  

It wasn't as fun as seeing it live, but it was still a neat experience.

I saw the final 3 innings, and it's....amazing, but unfinished. This is what sports is all about.  So much history riding on both franchises shoulders and it's winner take all.  Magic.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I think after they went down 3-1 I basically died inside and cast the chips where they may.  If they win tomorrow it'd be an absolutely incredible experience, but again it's not like...mine.  It'd be my dad's, my mom's, my brothers.  But they have 27 outs and many runs to pile up before that's a reality.  Until you raise that trophy you're vying not to be second best.  

There's nothing like this.  

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

1 hour ago, mcj882000 said:

Canada's gotten Matt Vasgersian (aka the MLB The Show guy!) and Buck Martinez this year. I've been pretty happy with them.

I think it's a global english language feed.  The NFL's SB dvds had that, at least for their NE v CAR & NE v PHI games.  

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

Archived