2016-17 NHL Season: Happy 100th Birthday, National Hockey League

Unocal

5 hours ago, Brass said:

Can we call up Bryan Trottier and invite him to Toronto to heckle Mitch?

YOU'RE THE :censored:IN' BEST, MARNER, YOU LAY ON THE ICE LIKE A BROAD, YOU TIT:censored:ER

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was as fun an OT period as I've seen in CHI/VAN.  Bottle that up and savor it.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

For those who missed it:

It was the rare walked-back walkoff: Toews five-holed a Sedin and Markstrom, but Hjalmarsson had jumped the blue line so it got washed out. Then there were about four more minutes of crazy back-and-forth three-on-three until Keith fed Hossa a laser that no one could take away. This was after the Canucks blew a 3-0 lead in the third. For old times' sake, screw Vancouver.

1 minute ago, the admiral said:

For those who missed it:

It was the rare walked-back walkoff: Toews five-holed a Sedin and Markstrom, but Hjalmarsson had jumped the blue line so it got washed out. Then there were about four more minutes of crazy back-and-forth three-on-three until Keith fed Hossa a laser that no one could take away. This was after the Canucks blew a 3-0 lead in the third. For old times' sake, screw Vancouver.

It's not the same as it was a few years back, but beating Vancouver is still satisfying in a much quieter, less vitriol-fueled way.  

Great comeback, terrific insane OT.  Darling made a damn save without a glove.  

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

15 minutes ago, Morgo said:

It's nice to see those three championships resulting in some humility...

I don't feel like anything admiral or I said was at all provocative or bragging.  It was just pride & a little reminiscing. 

twitter

3 hours ago, the admiral said:

For those who missed it:

The weird thing is seeing some guys named Vincent Himostroza, Michal Kempny and Ryan Hartman help lead the comeback instead of the usual suspects. Admittedly there are more less familiar names on the Hawks then usual.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

9 hours ago, ninersdd said:

The weird thing is seeing some guys named Vincent Himostroza, Michal Kempny and Ryan Hartman help lead the comeback instead of the usual suspects. Admittedly there are more less familiar names on the Hawks then usual.

Vincent Himostroza is a randomly generated NHL 17 player and no one will convince me otherwise.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

It's Hinostroza with an N, but yes. The organ-eye-zation is intent on pushing him really hard because he's a local product (the Red Wings do this with Michigan guys, and the Hurricanes do this...with...Michigan...guys), but I don't think he's ever going to be much more than a tweener who tears up the AHL, two-point night notwithstanding.

2 minutes ago, the admiral said:

It's Hinostroza with an N, but yes. The organ-eye-zation is intent on pushing him really hard because he's a local product (the Red Wings do this with Michigan guys, and the Hurricanes do this...with...Michigan...guys), but I don't think he's ever going to be much more than a tweener who tears up the AHL, two-point night notwithstanding.

I like him because his name is goofy and he wears a fullback number.  This satisfies my Chicago fan qualifications.

twitter

I feel like the Blackhawks go into Edmonton every blue moon and just get spanked.  I don't think it's happened for 3 or 4 years, but last night's whoopin' felt vintage.

twitter

21 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Toews should get suspended for his use of performance-decreasing drugs.

Is John Fox coaching the Blackhawks now?

twitter

I know Max Pacioretty is supposed to be the poster boy and basically "the guy" for the Montreal Canadiens. But no one on the Habs roster right now can execute highlight reel plays like this. The dude's got mad skills, he's incredible to watch...

Patch is good. But c'mon now...

5 minutes ago, The Six said:

Ducks get screwed because officials don't understand that you can't push the goalie's leg.

I really don't think he pushed his leg. I think the goalie was just moving backwards and carried the puck with him.

Anyways, I'm surprised the Isles won. I figured the whole team would be asleep on the bench, seeing as how it was 1:00 in the morning EST.

Hopefully this gives them more momentum going into this road trip and the rest of the season.

Archived