NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, anythinglogos said:

And Wade also doesn't seeem like a fan

So just talking technical issues and not even how the new template looks, we've got jerseys ripping left and right, the glue sticking the numbers showing through, and jerseys getting soaked by sweat.

When even the normal non-uni obsessed fans start noticing problems with jerseys and team color shade changes, you know you've royally :censored:ed up

On the sweat thing, I've seen Nike have some problems with runners in marathons where dudes' shirts will start normal and stretch at least a couple inches longer by the end. Some of their stuff has issues.

9 hours ago, Teal said:

Do we even have the slightest idea when the "City/Pride" unis will be revealed?

Dude, I swear you ask this about every other page. It's not changing and you're getting the same answer. Calm down.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

14 hours ago, NYCdog said:

More like “Dizzastros” ...I wonder how close the Pantone’s are to the original Tequila Sunrise? 

I get that Utah might be trying to pull off a Red Rock-inspired look but the gradient look might’ve been more unique if it were based on the mountainous look of their 90’s uniforms (sky blue, white, purple). This just feels like an Astros inspired basketball jersey at first glance. 

thumb.jpg

Speaking is “disaster,” that’s what the Cavs brand is right now - a complete :censored:ing disaster.

Not sure what Memphis is thinking either. Is this black & white look a Civil Rights movement based jersey? (last alternate was to honor MLK) 

Miami & Portland win this batch of City uniforms hands down. 

In regards to the Jazzstros jersey that was the vibe I was getting. I'll save my full opinion at the reveal, but they a Rainbow Arch inspired version of the 90's mountain look, would be pretty cool in my opinion. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

20 minutes ago, kimball said:

Dude, I swear you ask this about every other page. It's not changing and you're getting the same answer. Calm down.

Why do you feel the need to comment on every one of my posts? Creep much....

I asked a question and @WSU151 was kind enough to answer. Just leave me alone, seriously.

Jaguars

15 hours ago, NYCdog said:

More like “Dizzastros” ...I wonder how close the Pantone’s are to the original Tequila Sunrise? 

I get that Utah might be trying to pull off a Red Rock-inspired look but the gradient look might’ve been more unique if it were based on the mountainous look of their 90’s uniforms (sky blue, white, purple). This just feels like an Astros inspired basketball jersey at first glance. 

It's funny/horrible that among the seven or eight colors on the Jazztros uni that, somehow, purple couldn't make the cut

jazzsig4

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

On 11/7/2017 at 9:31 AM, Foxxtrot44 said:

It's funny/horrible that among the seven or eight colors on the Jazztros uni that, somehow, purple couldn't make the cut

To be fair, Conrad did say that the exact colors on the Jazztros jerseys were not confirmed--side panels and armhole trim included. I doubt that it's purple, but there's a small chance that it's different from the mockup.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

4 minutes ago, Digby said:

Lakers-Celtics in Boston tomorrow night. Early warning that the Celtics will be wearing green at home. Better than yellow vs. white like they wore in a Hardwood Classics game a few years ago, I guess.

If we aren't going to have a yellow vs green Lakers/Celtics games this whole new uniform arrangement is pointless.

37 minutes ago, Teal said:

I asked a question and @WSU151 was kind enough to answer. Just leave me alone, seriously.

@kimball is right. You’ve asked the same question on here several times now, and multiple people, including me, have given you pretty much the same answers. We’ve shared the info that we have, and that’s not going to change. Just be patient like the rest of us instead of trolling by asking the same question over and over when you’ve already been given the answer.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

7 minutes ago, Digby said:

Lakers-Celtics in Boston tomorrow night. Early warning that the Celtics will be wearing green at home. Better than yellow vs. white like they wore in a Hardwood Classics game a few years ago, I guess.

Let’s just hope the Lakers don’t wear white like they’ve already done twice on the road this season when they could've, and should’ve worn yellow.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, Digby said:

If this is true, it will be the first time Boston wears green at home this year. They've not used white on the road or green at home.

1 hour ago, Teal said:

I'll leave my peace here and as I said before, I have no problem with you outside of the constant asking of the same question. I'm not harassing you and I'm not commenting on every one of your posts. Do we both comment a lot in this thread? Yes. Obviously, we're very passionate about the topic. As is everyone else here.

But, seriously, chill. Don't take everything as a personal attack and just be patient and stop trolling asking the same question.

kimball banner.png

The last couple years before this one, the Celtics wore the regular green at home once (I think usually the home opener) and the green/black at home here and there. Plus the St Patrick's Day green/gold of course. So it's not the most egregious sin against tradition. But I'd rather it occur against any team that's not the Lakers.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

Let’s just hope the Lakers don’t wear white like they’ve already done twice on the road this season when they could've, and should’ve worn yellow.

I'm not holding my breath on that one. But, I think it will be an odd sight with green vs. gold in the Garden as well?

Either way, gold vs. white, in the Lakers-Celtics series isn't totally uncommon. But, still ...

kobebest.jpg

kimball banner.png

1 hour ago, kimball said:

I'll leave my peace here and as I said before, I have no problem with you outside of the constant asking of the same question. I'm not harassing you and I'm not commenting on every one of your posts. Do we both comment a lot in this thread? Yes. Obviously, we're very passionate about the topic. As is everyone else here.

But, seriously, chill. Don't take everything as a personal attack and just be patient and stop trolling asking the same question.

Ok I respect that. Now I know when we can expect to see the 4th unis (late November) I am content and won’t be asking the question again. 

Sorry for the inconvenience I have caused and I wish everyone a pleasant day. 

Jaguars

16 minutes ago, Webfooter said:

Why didn't Nike just go with the uniform material and cut they use for college teams?  I've yet to see a college jersey rip like the NBA's have.

Just from their initial press release on the new uniforms, it sounds like Nike wanted to start off the partnership by creating a new template that’d be exclusive to the NBA. In that process, they claimed that they had players test early versions and give them specific feedback on what to change and improve, and they also brought up the research they conducted with 3-D body maps, etc. Basically I think the jist of it is that they wanted to have a template exclusive to the NBA, at least at first, and they wanted to show off the technical side of things and the research that was conducted in the process. That’s kind of Nike’s calling card with whatever they do, so it shouldn’t come as much of a surprise. Now obviously it’s kind of backfiring for them from a performance perspective, but their reasoning for coming up with the new template is pretty clear, at least to me.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

The Blazers said on Twitter earlier that they’ll debut their Statement uniforms on the 30th of this month:

And speaking of the Blazers, they’re wearing white at home tonight for just the second time this season, this time against the Grizzlies.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived