Washington- White

Warriors is a gold chinese new year jersey with a blue dragon

5994736127_c919880617.jpg

20899768053_5ff571c8fc.jpg21520909095_58cb3890d9.jpg

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, henburg said:

Wow, that barely took anything at all to completely fall apart. How did we get here? Are these different than Nike's college uniforms? If so, did they really never stress test them? This has to be embarrassing for them at this point. 

I'm convinced now that they've used easily-rippable materials on purpose, just to get headlines drawing attention to themselves every time the jerseys rip. :rolleyes:

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

7 minutes ago, Kaz said:

OKC should model their next primary set after these:

OKC_city2.png

The colors, sure, but the design, absolutely not. It’s an alright design for an alternate that likely won’t be worn that frequently, but definitely not a good enough design to base an entire set around. They really just need to revamp their logo set and build around that. With regards to the colors on Conrad’s mockup, I actually think the Thunder would be really smart to go with gray as their primary color with their next set (whenever they do decide to do a full redesign), with blue, orange, and yellow as their secondary colors. Scrap navy completely and go all in on gray with the bright blue, yellow, and orange colors as accents. The gray would make for a really unique primary color, and would be much more fitting with the “Thunder” name. And then the blue, orange, and yellow would all provide a nice contrast to each other and the gray.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I’m surprised by the amount of love the Thunder’s jersey is getting. The color scheme doesn’t work...I’m not against gray in principle but there’s not enough contrast between it and the yellow, light blue, and orange. It needs a darker color to set it off. Aside from that, the design takes all the worst parts of the logo, the random lines and the the off-balanced wordmark, and amplifies them. When compared to their Statement jersey, this one feels like a huge miss.

5 hours ago, upperV03 said:

In addition to Thunder/Celtics, there were/are three other color on color games tonight, first in Atlanta:

Then in SLC:

And lastly, in LA:

40CE09B3-0D69-44EA-BEC3-7D7F7E213BDC.thumb.jpeg.97fb960f58baed44e24e7d8ee63c2787.jpeg

Ugh, Lakers  has faded into a yellow stain.

Please bring back the Purple and Gold 

6KobeBryant.jpg

If this mockup is correct...then the Thunder have had five different alternate uniforms and NOT A SINGLE ONE has had all four team colors (navy, royal, orange, and white).  No, I'm not counting yellow, which is making its first appearance on this monstrosity.  Important note:  I'm not counting the logo.

"It is better to have fought and lost than to not have fought at all."

16 minutes ago, Derek94 said:

Lakers home games have always been color on color except Sundays (since 2003).

Lol, I think we’re all well aware of that... And that’s actually not completely true, as they had white home uniforms in their MPLS days and their early years in LA. They switched to the purple and gold scheme with the yellow home uniforms in 1966/67.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

21 hours ago, Teal said:

Any idea how long it takes? It’s 6am here in Australia. Not sure if I should wait up or go to sleep. 

@Teal you my guy and all..but STOP TROLLING @Conrad.

Dude is hella busy..i hope you are satisfied with the post cause it sounded like you were on death row in Australia. Anyways. One love to ya. I only said that cause I care didn't want you to come off too nagging. Besides...

Conrad only stops by here nowadays to sign autographs and kiss babies.. ??

I'll comment on the jerseys later. Been busy myself so I only have time to lurk and like.

shado_logo.gif

18 hours ago, henburg said:

Wow, that barely took anything at all to completely fall apart. How did we get here? Are these different than Nike's college uniforms? If so, did they really never stress test them? This has to be embarrassing for them at this point. 

Man, none of these manufacturers seem to be able to get it right nowadays. Nike had this problem, they had the toilet seat collars in the NFL, Reebok had the terrible materials for the first Edge jerseys...

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

20 hours ago, upperV03 said:

The colors, sure, but the design, absolutely not. It’s an alright design for an alternate that likely won’t be worn that frequently, but definitely not a good enough design to base an entire set around. They really just need to revamp their logo set and build around that. With regards to the colors on Conrad’s mockup, I actually think the Thunder would be really smart to go with gray as their primary color with their next set (whenever they do decide to do a full redesign), with blue, orange, and yellow as their secondary colors. Scrap navy completely and go all in on gray with the bright blue, yellow, and orange colors as accents. The gray would make for a really unique primary color, and would be much more fitting with the “Thunder” name. And then the blue, orange, and yellow would all provide a nice contrast to each other and the gray.

I’d be down with that, but I’d go one step further and eliminate the orange. Would also use the darker gray that’s in the word mark instead of the uniform base. Would be very evocative of storm clouds and lightning 

07Giants.pngnyy.png

Archived