College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

18 hours ago, Webfooter said:

That may work for a school like Ohio State but Oregon can continue with multiple looks if they can just get a solid, cohesive set.  Things started going south with the uniforms during the 2014 season when they were using 2 different uniform templates and only got worse in 2015 and 2016 when they started doing too many one-offs.  Oregon would be perfect with all-greens, all-yellows, all-blacks, and all-whites that had two white jersey options.  That's basically what they had under Kelly and the beginning of Helfrich's tenure.

As long as they have one template and they are recognizable as Oregon

7 hours ago, pianoknight said:

"As the top public academic institution in the world..." 

Careful, Cal. You're reaching Ohio State levels of pompousness. 

Woah woah woah ?. We have a right to be

Jk

spacer.png

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's the best shot yet of Oregon's new white helmets:

IMG_6629.thumb.JPG.cff39a686518f47d483748c17ca7e60d.JPGMuch cleaner than the glitter versions from the past two seasons. Also, that image shows that the Ducks are still using the Schutt Air XP Pro, although most of the players are using either the Riddell Speed or Speedflex helmets. Thankfully (from a purely aesthetic perspective), still no sight of the F7 helmets on any of the players. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

IMG_6629.thumb.JPG.cff39a686518f47d483748c17ca7e60d.JPGMuch cleaner than the glitter versions from the past two seasons. Also, that image shows that the Ducks are still using the Schutt Air XP Pro, although most of the players are using either the Riddell Speed or Speedflex helmets. Thankfully (from a purely aesthetic perspective), still no sight of the F7 helmets on any of the players. 

Oregon has definitely become a Riddell team since out of all the photos from the first two days of fall camp, I've found only 4 players wearing Schutts. About 5-10 years ago, they used to be pretty evenly split between the two companies.

On 7/31/2017 at 0:59 PM, upperV03 said:

Here's both of Ohio's new Adidas uniforms:

IMG_6592.thumb.JPG.09ff781729da16f8a47f2850766f719d.JPG

No stripes on the pants, and the stripes on the jerseys are super short, but other than that they're pretty nice overall. They certainly could've been much, much worse.

I love these uniforms, they are quite simple and don't do anything crazy. It's perfect for Ohio, I'd like to see them mix and match with these combos a little bit (for example, an all white uniform or a matte green helmet green jersey and white pants) overall I give these unis a good grade for a simple set of uniforms that does exactly what it's supposed to do. The thing stopping it from an A+ is that I'd prefer for Ohio to use green socks with the white pants instead of white socks and white pants.

grade: A 

On 8/1/2017 at 0:30 PM, djam2410 said:

Cal has been sending this out to recruits with official offers....hopefully this doesn't mean we have a gray jersey as the numbers are clearly photoshopped on

DGKB5ndUQAEff_o.jpg

If there is going to be a grey uniform, it should be an away uniform not an alternate home uniform.

We got a much better look at the Schutt F7 at Auburn's practice today (yesterday's practice was closed to media). Looks like the squares on the top of the helmet won't interrupt striping too much. Will be interesting to see it in game action and how well the AU decals look on the sides.59824eb00d582_MarkaviestBryant(JulieBennettaldotcom)(3).thumb.JPG.ba57dde08329e37b1ebdaae82c39c84d.JPG

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

On 8/1/2017 at 1:50 PM, aawagner011 said:

Great look at the Gators new template. I already touched on it a few weeks ago, but they also streamlined their pants stripe to match the width of the jersey sleeve stripes. The pants stripes used to have overly wide orange stripes. I might be a Dawg but I can admit Florida usually looks pretty damn good.

(That white helmet with ugly inconsistent tapered striping and contrasting logos, on the other hand? Yeesh.)

The Gators just posted this today.  It's the older template, but I never realized they use a chomeflex/plastic Gator head patch.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

15 minutes ago, walkerws said:

It's a filter 

Granted, but shouldn't the numbers have somewhat the same embossed appearance as well?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

The Gators just posted this today.  It's the older template, but I never realized they use a chomeflex/plastic Gator head patch.

I know they changed the LSU game for this year, but my word, 7 true home games and only 3 true away games? This is one hell of a schedule.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

43 minutes ago, BlackBolt3 said:

I know they changed the LSU game for this year, but my word, 7 true home games and only 3 true away games? This is one hell of a schedule.

It's not as nutty as you'd think when you consider that two of those home games (Northern Colorado and UAB) are cupcake games, so if the LSU game hadn't been changed, there would be 4 SEC (plus FSU) home games and 4 SEC away games (not counting the Georgia game in Jax and the special Arlington game against Michigan). A lot of major schools have schedules like this, I'd imagine.

19 hours ago, upperV03 said:

More proof that they will be using apple green this season. Helmet logo and numbers both in that same green color as the shirsey that was posted earlier this week

spacer.png

29 minutes ago, Ciaranowls said:

More proof that they will be using apple green this season. Helmet logo and numbers both in that same green color as the shirsey that was posted earlier this week

They've been using apple green for several seasons now... In fact, after using it more and more prior to and during the 2014/15 season, the football team officially replaced forest green with apple ahead of the 2015/16 season.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

43 minutes ago, Ciaranowls said:

About the only Oregon team that uses the forest green anymore is the baseball team and even that's only used on two jerseys and hats.

46 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

They've been using apple green for several seasons now... In fact, after using it more and more prior to and during the 2014/15 season, the football team officially replaced forest green with apple ahead of the 2015/16 season.

14 minutes ago, Webfooter said:

About the only Oregon team that uses the forest green anymore is the baseball team and even that's only used on two jerseys and hats.

My bad. Didn't realize they had phased the forest out of the color scheme

spacer.png

Archived