buckeye

College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

That knight logo looks fantastic on a helmet. They really should consider replacing their generic block R with that logo full-time.

 

I'd like to see the knight on a red helmet too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Few items yet to be mentioned

 

Northern Colorado has new uniforms

 

Air Force has a 70th anniversary patch to be worn for one game

 

 

 

Georgia Southern is going with matte helmets rather than glossy

 

 

 

Coastal Carolina isn't afraid to emphasize teal, unlike a certain professional team

 

 

Texas State has some new secondary marks

 

 

NC State will be wearing a 125th anniversary helmet decal

 

5983676d132ba_NCState.jpg.153e2259fdb967003fa2e7113ee01276.jpg

 

And, the weirdest of them all, Arkansas State has a (bad) logo to celebrate the anniversary of changing the school's mascot

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, bkknight95 said:

Wish they didn't depart from Nike. 

I wish they'd depart the Big Ten.

 

 

 

 

(sorry)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Power_Ranger_Rick said:

New "Stadium Lights" uniforms for Buttgers. To be worn November 4th against Maryland at Yankee Stadium.

 

Am i the only one who thinks Rutgers should just depart from black entirely?

480623.JPEG

I don't mind black as a trim color for Rutgers, but all-black uniforms just aren't right.

You would think the 78-0 embarrassment last time they wore black would dissuade them from ever wearing them again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lights Out said:

That knight logo looks fantastic on a helmet. They really should consider replacing their generic block R with that logo full-time.

 

Looks like a generic make-a-team logo you'd see in Madden.  I prefer the R, even tho it's a little boring.  But it's also simple.  It represents their university, clearly indicates who is playing...  I'm not in love with the R logo or Rutgers' look in general, but I prefer their standard red/red/white look over the all black look.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lights Out said:

That knight logo looks fantastic on a helmet. They really should consider replacing their generic block R with that logo full-time.

I think both look good honestly (though obviously not in the black disaster they are using the knight logo in currently). I think the knight logo would be good for an alternate red out maybe, but I think keeping the R logo is fine. I prefer the R simply because it's iconic, but I wouldn't be mad if theoretically they switched to the knight full time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dakotapalm said:

I wish they'd depart the Big Ten.

 

 

 

 

(sorry)

Rutgers had the good luck of being close enough to major markets and the fact that Pittsburgh and Syracuse had already left for the ACC. If either of them had been available we'd see Rutgers in the AAC. I won't complain though, it give the Buckeyes a chance to give multiple players shots at RB and WR. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, VikingsNotMinnesota said:

I think both look good honestly (though obviously not in the black disaster they are using the knight logo in currently). I think the knight logo would be good for an alternate red out maybe, but I think keeping the R logo is fine. I prefer the R simply because it's iconic, but I wouldn't be mad if theoretically they switched to the knight full time.

I think the word "iconic" is being thrown around too loosely for a logo that has only been around since 2001 and a program that isn't exactly Ohio State or Michigan status.

 

Rutgers has worn similar logos on their helmets before:

 

xjmpYXj.jpg

 

Vbo9Qc0.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bkknight95 said:

Wish they didn't depart from Nike. 

lol if you think Nike would do better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would prefer this look on the Mach Speed or Vapor vs Techfit or Primeweb. It's a simple look though so it's not hard to look good. As far as the helmet logo, I think the Knight should supersede the R. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

lol if you think Nike would do better. 

They did do better.

 

VxBcjO7.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

They did do better.

 

VxBcjO7.jpg

Much much better 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, H11K said:

Much much better 

 

This entire Nike set was one of my favorite rebrands minus the chrome letting on some of the jerseys. Sadly though, simple is probably the best and more traditional look for Rutgers although all black doesnt really come of as "simple"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

A game against Maryland in front of a 70% empty baseball stadium is not worthy of an alternate uniform.  

They play in a football stadium...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

They did do better.

 

VxBcjO7.jpg

That looks just as bad. Seriously. What's the noticable difference? It's an all black uniform for a team that shouldn't have an all black uniform.

You've got bad attempts at chainmail sublimation on both.  

Both have matte black helmets with the same logo, done up in silver. 

 

Sure, there are minor difference in the numbers and striping, but really? That Nike black alternate and Adidas' black alternate are essentially the same concept. They just toyed with it differently. 

 

That's why I don't get the shoe company allegiances this board tends to cultivate. Nike, Adidas, UA. They're all following the same trends. All doing the same stuff. The idea that one shoe company's unnecessary all black matte helmeted alternate is good and the other shoe company's unnecessary all black matte helmeted alternate is bad is nonsensical. It's the same crap being pushed by three manufacturers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The more I look at it, a non-mirrored chrome red knight decal on that black helmet would have been better.

 

Still would like ti see the red helmets have that knight logo, or a black R.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Clintau24 said:

Georgia Southern is going with matte helmets rather than glossy

 

 

And, the weirdest of them all, Arkansas State has a (bad) logo to celebrate the anniversary of changing the school's mascot

 

 

I wish Georgia Southern would have stuck to their old standard look of navy blue Alabama. They especially look bad when they use the baseball logo on the helmets. I also want to reiterate that I generally don't care for matte helmets. 

 

Has it really been ten years since I skipped class to go watch a banner drop at the A-State student union, unveiling the new logo? Oh, God. 

 

I'm just thankful that won't be on any uniforms. We already have an awkward looking logo on the jerseys thanks to the Sun Belt Conference. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

That looks just as bad. Seriously. What's the noticable difference? It's an all black uniform for a team that shouldn't have an all black uniform.

You've got bad attempts at chainmail sublimation on both.  

Both have matte black helmets with the same logo, done up in silver. 

 

Sure, there are minor difference in the numbers and striping, but really? That Nike black alternate and Adidas' black alternate are essentially the same concept. They just toyed with it differently. 

 

That's why I don't get the shoe company allegiances this board tends to cultivate. Nike, Adidas, UA. They're all following the same trends. All doing the same stuff. The idea that one shoe company's unnecessary all black matte helmeted alternate is good and the other shoe company's unnecessary all black matte helmeted alternate is bad is nonsensical. It's the same crap being pushed by three manufacturers.

I will agree with you that both of the black Rutgers uniforms are rather unnecessary and ill advised, basically recycling a tired, generally poorly executed concept. Rutgers should be wearing red and white with or without black trim on the numbers/R logo. 

I will say, though, that the Nike version is better executed with the more prominent red striping. It feels more thoughtful at least than the rather plain Adidas uniform.

 

Your larger point still stands though, it doesn't really matter who makes the uniform, if it's good, then fine. If it's bad, then fine, but Nike is just as capable of producing trendy half-baked concepts as Adidas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, cajunaggie08 said:

Texas State just released a new secondary logo package for both academic and athletic use. I wouldnt expect it to appear on the unis this season but it may be featured around the stadium

 

TXST_LOGOS_MAIN_450+%25281%2529.jpg?mode

I'd expect it to be on the chest or helmet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.