Jump to content

College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season


buckeye

Recommended Posts

Most of the team did not appear to have stripes on either the jerseys or pants in 1997.  See photo below of Peyton getting tackled by committee in the bowl game:

nebraska-tennessee-p1.jpg

 

Of course that was 20 years ago in the dark times of college football aesthetics, so it's entirely possible that some of the team were wearing old uniforms or the equipment manager had to rig something. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, pianoknight said:

Most of the team did not appear to have stripes on either the jerseys or pants in 1997.  See photo below of Peyton getting tackled by committee in the bowl game:

 

 

Of course that was 20 years ago in the dark times of college football aesthetics, so it's entirely possible that some of the team were wearing old uniforms or the equipment manager had to rig something. 

I hope this isn't seeming argumentative, b/c I'm sure we're both trying to learn something- I did find this from Getty Images.

 

1997_vs_Washington

 

110319266.thumb.jpg.eb42eba8e93f3d9c2550d5b068a914b7.jpg

 

But you are right, most of the pictures look as if their sleeve stripes are missing. Just seemed odd to me, as it's clear that the 1994, 95, 95, and 98, 99 teams all had double stripes. Perhaps the 1997 players thought two stripes were "cursed" after the 96 team lost two games wearing them. That many losses was unacceptable, LOL.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Power_Ranger_Rick said:

Here they are, boys! Honestly like them a lot (although i still want a grey facemask). No shoulder stripes, replaced with tv number, and no pants stripes. It also helps a lot that the techfit/shockweb pattern doesnt show up very well on red.

 

Any uniform on the TechFit template is ugly, and this is no exception.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, dakotapalm said:

But you are right, most of the pictures look as if their sleeve stripes are missing. Just seemed odd to me, as it's clear that the 1994, 95, 95, and 98, 99 teams all had double stripes. Perhaps the 1997 players thought two stripes were "cursed" after the 96 team lost two games wearing them. That many losses was unacceptable, LOL.

 

Isn't this around the time when players started shortening sleeves on their own or rolling them up under the shoulder pads?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Am I the only one not a fan of these? They feel so unnecessary, even by today's uniform standards. The mesh numbers are decent and all, but it just seems silly (again, even with today's standards). Seems like a lot of money to spend on uniforms that aren't really all that different. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Lights Out said:

Any uniform on the TechFit template is ugly, and this is no exception.

Nah, this is the exception. There is nothing on the jersey that adidas can possibly :censored: up with their template, and it's designed enough to not look way too plain. Honestly, Adidas hit their first home run in forever, and regardless of how trashy their track record is I hope this forum can put down their spandex art snobbery for a bit to recognize that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, VikingsNotMinnesota said:

Nah, this is the exception. There is nothing on the jersey that adidas can possibly :censored: up with their template, and it's designed enough to not look way too plain. Honestly, Adidas hit their first home run in forever, and regardless of how trashy their track record is I hope this forum can put down their spandex art snobbery for a bit to recognize that.

 

Agree. Adidas did a respectable job here and I'm pleased overall. Minor nitpicks, but it's a solid effort. Some might argue that the design is too similar to Nebraska's normal look, but they're probably the same people who loved Nike's retro alternates for Penn State. 

 

Adidas used rare restraint here and I'm happy to see they're not totally tone deaf. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, VikingsNotMinnesota said:

Nah, this is the exception. There is nothing on the jersey that adidas can possibly :censored: up with their template, and it's designed enough to not look way too plain. Honestly, Adidas hit their first home run in forever, and regardless of how trashy their track record is I hope this forum can put down their spandex art snobbery for a bit to recognize that.

Just wait until it hits the field and the numbers/NOB look stretched and warped as always. The TechFit template ruins even the simplest design elements.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

A tweet from a player who made a verbal commitment to Ohio yesterday appears to have given us a peek at the Bobcats' new adidas jerseys.

 

Appears to be in line with what they've been wearing. Truncated shoulder stripes and narrow numbers are 'meh,' but overall, it's still pretty much the traditional Ohio football uniform.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, CitizenTino said:

 

A tweet from a player who made a verbal commitment to Ohio yesterday appears to have given us a peek at the Bobcats' new adidas jerseys.

 

Appears to be in line with what they've been wearing. Truncated shoulder stripes and narrow numbers are 'meh,' but overall, it's still pretty much the traditional Ohio football uniform.

Wearing Adidas and still look better than the NY Jets lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CitizenTino said:

 

A tweet from a player who made a verbal commitment to Ohio yesterday appears to have given us a peek at the Bobcats' new adidas jerseys.

 

Appears to be in line with what they've been wearing. Truncated shoulder stripes and narrow numbers are 'meh,' but overall, it's still pretty much the traditional Ohio football uniform.

This just tells me some coaches just understand how the jersey should look and that's  how they do it. It almost seems like they ordered Russell uniforms then slapped the adidas logo on it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

This just tells me some coaches just understand how the jersey should look and that's  how they do it. It almost seems like they ordered Russell uniforms then slapped the adidas logo on it.

 

That wouldn't be surprising - at least for this jersey. It looks similar to the Russell template (granted can't get a great look at the jersey itself).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/23/2017 at 11:05 PM, oldschoolvikings said:

Do any of us?

 

giphy.gif

 

What? Sheev Posting hasn't been banned yet. ;)

 

Also, count me in as one of the people who likes the faux-screen printing. At the very least, it's a fun little gimmick.

 

P.S. Giving the Palpatine the first name "Sheev" is easily the dumbest part of the new expanded universe.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.