The Pointless Realignment Outpost

Lee.

I forgot to add that since the seasons would go through winters, every team would need to either build an indoor stadium, or play all of their winter games at the ultra-mega-super domed stadium complex that the league would construct in Des Moines. I'm thinking a huge structure that has enough fields in it that at least 15 games could be played at the same time. The seating would be all around, so if your team was playing on one of the inner fields, you wouldn't be able to see too well, but there would be an app so you could watch the action on your mobile device in the comfort of your stadium seat. I'm imaging this like 5x bigger than the biggest nascar track, and the individual baseball fields would be separated by walls on the inside. Each field would have a unique configuration, so one might have a "green monster", one might have bizarre angles, and a few would be elevated so if you fall over the divider wall making a play, you would fall right in to the field of another game that's going on.

One more thing - since most players would probably be not respond well to the intense heat while playing in the sun, there would be a series of special drafts throughout the season where teams can draft extra players from other teams rosters and "sacrifice" them so as to protect their stars from almost certain incineration.

"Is this heaven?"

"No it's Iowa"

I forgot to add that since the seasons would go through winters, every team would need to either build an indoor stadium, or play all of their winter games at the ultra-mega-super domed stadium complex that the league would construct in Des Moines. I'm thinking a huge structure that has enough fields in it that at least 15 games could be played at the same time. The seating would be all around, so if your team was playing on one of the inner fields, you wouldn't be able to see too well, but there would be an app so you could watch the action on your mobile device in the comfort of your stadium seat. I'm imaging this like 5x bigger than the biggest nascar track, and the individual baseball fields would be separated by walls on the inside. Each field would have a unique configuration, so one might have a "green monster", one might have bizarre angles, and a few would be elevated so if you fall over the divider wall making a play, you would fall right in to the field of another game that's going on.

One more thing - since most players would probably be not respond well to the intense heat while playing in the sun, there would be a series of special drafts throughout the season where teams can draft extra players from other teams rosters and "sacrifice" them so as to protect their stars from almost certain incineration.

"Is this heaven?"

"No it's Iowa"

No way anyone would ever mistake the two. Like ever

Original Six NHL was classic...

Boston

Chicago

Detroit

Montreal

New York

Toronto

If I had to make modern six team NBA, NFL, & MLB...

NBA
Boston

Chicago

Indiana

Los Angeles Lakers

New York

Philadelphia

NFL

Chicago

Dallas

Green Bay

New York Giants

Pittsburgh

San Francisco

MLB
Boston

Chicago Cubs

Los Angeles Dodgers

New York Yankees

San Francisco

St. Louis

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

• 2 weeks later...

NCAA football should do a FIFA style drawing every 4 years for 4 seasons of updated/randomized conferences.  Screw traditions, screw tv, screw ADs, screw fixed rivalries...

Lets's see controlled chaos at its finest.

Florida State
Washington
Michigan State
BYU
Oregon State
Boise State
Hawaii
Buffalo

There... that division right there gets my tv eyeballs for every game.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

A random NFL realignment. Whipped up on a whim especially for the group:

AFC Forest: Buffalo, Cincinnati, San Francisco, Tampa Bay

AFC Federal: Detroit, Los Angeles Chargers, New Orleans, New York Jets

AFC Frontier: Cleveland, Jacksonville, Seattle, Washington

AFC Freedon: Dallas, Denver, Green Bay, Indianapolis

NFC Coastal: Arizona, Baltimore, New York Giants, Tennessee

NFC Century: Houston, Minnesota, Oakland, Philadelphia

NFC Capitol: Atlanta, Chicago, Kansas City, New England

NFC Central: Carolina, Los Angeles Rams, Miami, Pittsburgh

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

Spring Football in the DC Universe

EUROPEAN:

Amsterdam Admirals

Barcelona Dragons

Frankfurt Galaxy

London Monarchs

Rhein Fire

ATLANTIC:

Gotham Rogues

Metropolis Marauders

Ohio Glory

Orlando Thunder

Raleigh-Durham Skyhawks

CENTRAL:

Dos Rios Riders

Fawcett City Barnstormers

Rapid City Monuments

Birmingham Iron Men

Memphis Pharaohs

PACIFIC:

Coast City Surge

Hollywood Blockbusters

Las Vegas Scorpions

Portland River Hogs

Utah Pioneers

Since there continues to be talk of creating a European League that would replace the Champions League by having games played every week and creating a huge cash cow, I thought I'd attempt at making it feasible without completely destroying domestic play. The teams for the first league would be the top 2 teams in each of the top 4 leagues and the winners of the next 3 best leagues getting an automatic spot and the other 9 teams coming from the third and second place teams of those with automatic spots and the champions of the leagues that don't participating in a playoff. Counting the 2014/15 season as the last regular league, conceivably the super League would be something like this (just took the participants  based on the 2014/1 final Uefa League ranking

European Football League

Chelsea

Manchester City

Barcelona 

Real Madrid

Juventus

AS Roma

Bayern Munich

Wolfsburg

PSG

Benfica

Zenit

Borussia M'Gladbach

Atletico Madrid

Arsenal

Porto

Shaktar Donetsk

KAA Gent

PSV Eindhoven

Galatasaray

FC Basel

With no midweek European games, the travel would balance out. Season similar to current schedule, from mid-late august to early june  And when you get the initial league sorted you have 6 teams relegated back to their national league. A high number, but I feel that the constant renewal of the league would add an element of excitement  and if one of the bigger teams faces a difficult season like Chelsea being relegated wouldn't be impossible. From the promoted teams

1 spot would be given to the winner of the UEFA Cup

5 spots to the winners of the Champions tournament (so that the big 4 don't monopolize the promoted teams)

The Champions Tournament would be  held from   the week after the national leagues finish in mid-april to early june. Home and away knockout stages, quarterfinals winners are promoted while the losers of the quarterfinals get another chance by winning from those who lost. admittedly not perfect by any means, but it would be kind of like the European Cup of old with only champions participating and having it be just knockout stages. With the domestic leagues finished, they can easily play 10 or so games in 6 weeks

Even European League teams participate in domestic cups, which would significantly add to their value, becoming the best  chance at silverware for most European League teams. 

UEFA Cup is contested between the champions who failed to get promoted to the European League and the second and third best teams. Would probably be more exciting than the current Europa League, since the reward for winning it is direct promotion to the European League. If a team wins both the Uefa Cup and the domestic League, the runner ups in the domestic league participate in the tournament.

Domestic leagues with a maximum of 18 teams participating so that there is enough time for the promotion tournament.

Since the European League seems inevitable, a format like this would be able to create a huge cash cow, while significantly improving the significance of the current Europa League and of domestic cups, as well as creating another event  in the promotion playoffs.

07Giants.pngnyy.png

Probable #HereIGo Lineup for Football in 1982

NFL Premier League

AMERICAN FOOTBALL CONFERENCE
East: Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins, New England Patriots, New York Jets
North: Baltimore Ravens, Cincinnati Bengals, Cleveland Browns, Pittsburgh Steelers
South: Houston Oilers, Indianapolis Colts, Nashville Strummers, Oklahoma City Drillers
West: Denver Broncos, Kansas City Chiefs, Oakland Raiders, Vancouver Lions

NATIONAL FOOTBALL CONFERENCE
East: Dallas Cowboys, New York Giants, Toronto Argonauts, Washington Redhawks
North: Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions, Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings
South: Charlotte Panthers, New Orleans Saints, Richmond Colonials, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
West: Irvington Vikings, Los Angeles Rams, San Francisco 49ers, Union City Colts

Real NFL & CFL Teams in Division 2 are: Atlanta Falcons, Calgary Stampeders, Edmonton Eskimos, Hamilton Tiger-Cats, Jacksonville Sharks (or Jaguars), Montreal Concordes, Ottawa Northmen, Philadelphia Eagles, San Diego Chargers, Saskatchewan Roughriders, Seattle Seahawks, St. Louis Cardinals, Winnipeg Blue Bombers

Possible 1983 Expansion Teams (all from USFL): Arizona Wranglers, Birmingham Stallions, Chicago Blitz*, Denver Gold*, Los Angeles Express*, Michigan Panthers (can play in Detroit* or Grand Rapids), New Jersey Generals, Oakland* (or San Jose) Invaders), Philadelphia Stars*, Portland Breakers, Tampa Bay Bandits*, Washington Federals*

Others Under Consideration based on DMA as of 2015-16: Orlando, FL (#16), Sacramento, CA (#20), St. Louis, MO (#21), Portland, OR (#23), Raleigh-Durham, NC (#25), Hartford, CT (#30), Columbus, OH (#32), San Antonio, TX (#33), Salt Lake City, UT (#34), Milwaukee, WI (#35), Greenville, SC (#37), West Palm Beach, FL (#38), Austin, TX (#39), Las Vegas, NV (#41), Norfolk, VA (#42), Oklahoma City, OK (#44), Harrisburg, PA (#45), Greensboro, NC (#46), Albuquerque, NM (#47), Louisville, KY (#49), Memphils, TN (#50)

*2nd NFL Team in the City in asterisks (could be relocated when needed)

I Have to update it later if we probably get to 40 Teams or More (48 or 64, i don't know) for the Premier League any ideas for new team names?

• Like 1

NFL, Promotion division style, plus a CFL+

pepsi NFL-top 20-Top 8 make Super Bowl Playoffs, lowest three are elimated

Carolina

Arizona

Cincinnati

Denver

New England

Kansas City

Minnesota

Green Bay

New Jersey(J)

Pittsburgh

Seattle

Houston

Washington

Atlanta

Buffalo

Indanapolis

Detroit

New Orleans

Oakland

Philidelphia

Tostitos AFL-Divison Two-Top Six Make Playoffs, 1st/2nd+League Champion or Third should the LC be the top 2, winner wins George Halas Cup

Los Angeles

Chicago

Miami

New York(G)

Tampa Bay

Baltimore

Jacksonville

San Francisco

Dallas

San Diego

Cleveland

Tennessee

Ex-Anchorange

Ex-Chicago-2

Ex-Portland

Ex-Nova Scotia

Ex-Birmingham

Ex-Oklahoma City

Ex-St. Louis

Ex-San Juan

Last, but not least, remember the CFL is Spring to Summer, and the NFL is Fall to Winter

The CFL+

West

BC

Calgary

Edmonton

Saskatchewan

Winnipeg

Juneau

East

Hamilton

Montreal

Ottawa

Toronto

Quebec

Baltimore, and they get their history back

24pas9d.jpg

34gpxki.jpg

What if: In 1995 after the Baltimore Stallions won the Final Grey Cup, The NFL bought the CFL switching to an 11-on-11 to make it identical to the NFL

Here's the Alignment

AFC East: Buffalo Bills, Hamilton Tiger-Cats, Miami Dolphins, New England Patriots, New York Jets, Ottawa Red Blacks
AFC North: Baltimore Stallions, Cincinnati Bengals, Cleveland Browns, Grand Rapids Generals (6), Pittsburgh Steelers, West Virginia Miners (6)
AFC South: Houston Oilers, Indianapolis Colts, Jacksonville Jaguars, Memphis Hound Dogs (1), San Antonio Texans, Shreveport Pirates
AFC West: Calgary Stampeders, Denver Broncos, Edmonton Eskimos, Kansas City Chiefs, Oakland Raiders, San Diego Chargers
NFC East: Dallas Cowboys, Montreal Alouettes, New York Giants, Philadelphia Eagles, Toronto Argonauts, Washington Redskins
NFC North: Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions, Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings, Saskatchewan Roughriders, Winnipeg Blue Bombers
NFC South: Atlanta Falcons, Birmingham Barracudas, Carolina Panthers, New Orleans Saints, St. Louis Stallions (3), Tampa Bay Buccaneers
NFC West: Arizona Cardinals, Los Angeles Rams (2), Portland Breakers (6), San Francisco 49ers, Seattle Seahawks (4), Vancouver Cascades (5)

(1) = Team Formerly Known as the Memphis Mad Dogs
(2) = Relocated from St. Louis
(3) = The Team is slated to be known as the Miami Manatees for the Upcoming 1996 CFL Season but a merger forced them to Relocate to St. Louis after the Rams announced to head back to Los Angeles on an official announcement
(4) = Moved from the AFC West
(5) = Renamed from the British Columbia Lions to Avoid Team Name Confusion
(6) = Expansion Team

Probably I Would be Surprised if someone else might have look like if the NFL merges the CFL beyond 2016 all the way to the end of the 21st Century!

• Like 1

On 2/9/2016 at 1:44 PM, RandomEuro-AmericanFan said:

Last, but not least, remember the CFL is Spring to Summer, and the NFL is Fall to Winter

CFL is actually more like Summer to the edge of Winter here in Canada.

Hi, i'm new here, just joined.. Couldn't find an introduction thread so this is my first post.

Anyway, this is a hypothetical expansion to 36 teams in the NFL. Not too accurate to geography, but that wasn't my goal. I kept the Expansion teams inside of the US, I don't think any possible international city is viable for an NFL team.

* - Expansion team.

AFC West.

Denver Broncos.

Kansas City Chiefs.

Oakland Raiders.

San Diego Chargers.

Las Vegas Aces*

Portland Lumberjacks*

AFC Central.

Cincinnati Bengals.

Cleveland Browns.

Houston Texans.

Jacksonville Jaguars.

Pittsburgh Steelers.

Tennessee Titans.

AFC East.

Baltimore Ravens.

Buffalo Bills.

Indianapolis Colts.

Miami Dolphins.

New England Patriots.

New York Jets.

NFC West.

Arizona Cardinals.

Los Angeles Rams.

San Francisco 49ers.

Seattle Seahawks.

San Antonio Outlaws*

St. Louis Stallions*

NFC Central.

Atlanta Falcons.

Chicago Bears.

Detroit Lions.

Green Bay Packers.

Minnesota Vikings.

New Orleans Saints.

NFC East.

Carolina Panthers.

Dallas Cowboys.

New York Giants.

Philadelphia Eagles.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Washington Redskins.

I tried to keep most of the Big rivals together. Baltimore and Pittsburgh got split up, but if you guys want I can swap the Ravens and the Titans, but that breaks up Tennessee and Jacksonville.

What do you think? Good? Bad? Godawful garbage?

Edited by FlyEaglesFly76
One Typo.

Fly Eagles Fly, on the road to victory...

Philadelphia Eagles: NFL Champions in 1948, 1949, 1960, Super Bowl Champions in 2017-18. Philadelphia Phillies: World Series Champions in 1980 and 2008. Philadelphia 76ers: NBA Champions in 1966-67 and 1982-83. Philadelphia Flyers: Stanley Cup Champions in 1973-74, 1974-75

Updates to My NFL-CFL Merger What if following the Successful CFL Expansion to the USA in 1993

The Year is 1999: After the Sacramento Gold Miners left for San Antonio and the Las Vegas Posse folded after the 1994 CFL Season, The NFL Brought both Teams back Expansion Teams as the Gold Miners began play in the AFC West and for the Las Vegas Posse they will be the NFC West under a new name the Las Vegas Blackjack 21's, However Columbus, Orlando & Raleigh were without Pro Football after they last played in 1992 in the WLAF they decided to enter as well, However to Top it off the NFL will add teams in Mexico City, Honolulu, Omaha and Hartford (1) for the 1999 Season

But in 2002: The NFL had a neglect on a Team from the 49th State in Alaska, However the NFL Expands to that state playing their home games in Anchorage in the AFC West, However the Iowa Barnstormers decided to leave the Arena Football League and Decided to go Outdoors to join the NFL playing in the NFC Northe and the NFC South brought football to the Confederate Capital of Richmond, Rounding out the NFL Expansion for 2002 are Norfolk, VA (to the AFC East), A Second Team in LA (playing in the AFC West), Jackson, MS (AFC South) and Salt Lake City (NFC West) giving a Total of 64 Teams and still goes on Today.

Here's the Alignment
AFC East: Buffalo Bills, Hamilton Tiger-Cats, Hartford Nutmegs (1), Miami Dolphins, New England Patriots, New York Jets, Norfolk Admirals (4), Ottawa Red Blacks
AFC North: Baltimore Stallions, Cincinnati Bengals, Cleveland Browns, Columbus Panhandles (1), Indianapolis Colts (6), Grand Rapids Generals, Pittsburgh Steelers, West Virginia Miners
AFC South: Houston Oilers, Jackson Magnolias (4), Jacksonville Jaguars, Kansas City Chiefs (3), Memphis Hound Dogs, Orlando Orbits (1), San Antonio Texans, Shreveport Pirates
AFC West: Alaska Avalanche (4), Calgary Stampeders, Denver Broncos, Honolulu Hawaiians (1), Los Angeles Express (4), Oakland Raiders, Sacramento Gold Miners (1), San Diego Chargers
NFC East: Dallas Cowboys, Mexico City Aztecs (1), Montreal Alouettes, New York Giants, Philadelphia Eagles, Richmond Colonials (4), Toronto Argonauts, Washington Redskins
NFC North: Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions, Green Bay Packers, Iowa Barnstormers (4), Minnesota Vikings, Omaha Interstaters (1), Saskatchewan Roughriders, Winnipeg Blue Bombers
NFC South: Arizona Cardinals (7), Atlanta Falcons, Birmingham Barracudas, Charlotte Panthers (2), New Orleans Saints, Raleigh-Durham Skyhawks (1), St. Louis Stallions, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
NFC West: Edmonton Eskimos (5), Las Vegas Blackjack 21's (1), Los Angeles Rams, Portland Breakers, Salt Lake City Sharpshooters (4), San Francisco 49ers, Seattle Seahawks, Vancouver Cascades

(1) = 1999 Expansion Team
(2) = Rebranded from the Carolina Panthers in 1999
(3) = Moved from the AFC West in 1999
(4) = 2002 Expansion Team
(5) = Moved from the AFC West in 2002
(6) = Moved from the AFC South in 2002
(7) = Moved from the NFC West in 2002

Thoughts?

• Like 1

I'm not splitting up Saints and Falcons, period.

Fly Eagles Fly, on the road to victory...

Philadelphia Eagles: NFL Champions in 1948, 1949, 1960, Super Bowl Champions in 2017-18. Philadelphia Phillies: World Series Champions in 1980 and 2008. Philadelphia 76ers: NBA Champions in 1966-67 and 1982-83. Philadelphia Flyers: Stanley Cup Champions in 1973-74, 1974-75

• 2 weeks later...

Here my idea of NHL expansion & if there a post & page like this please tell me 

Expansions to Toronto & Seattle

Arizona Coyotes move to Las Vegas

Florida Panthers move to Quebec & change name to Nordiques

PRINCE OF WALES CONFERENCE

Adams Division:

Boston Bruins

New York Islanders

Ottawa Senators

Montreal Canadiens

Buffalo Sabres

Toronto Maple Leafs

Toronto Toros

Quebec Nordiques

Patrick Division:

New Jersey Devils

New York Rangers

Philadelphia Flyers

Pittsburgh Penguins

Carolina Hurricanes

Detroit Red Wings

Tampa Bay Lightning

Washington Capitals

CLARENCE CAMPBELL CONFERENCE:

Norris Division:

Chicago Blackhawks

Columbus Blue Jackets

Winnipeg Jets

Minnesota Wild

Colorado Avalanche

Dallas Stars

Nashville Predators

St. Louis Blues

Smythe Division:

Calgary Flames

Edmonton Oilers

Vancouver Canucks

Las Vegas Coyotes

San Jose Sharks

Anaheim Ducks

Seattle Metros

Los Angeles Kings

15 minutes ago, Nflmich17 said:

Here my idea of NHL expansion & if there a post & page like this please tell me 

Expansions to Toronto & Seattle

Arizona Coyotes move to Las Vegas

Florida Panthers move to Quebec & change name to Nordiques

PRINCE OF WALES CONFERENCE

Adams Division:

Boston Bruins

New York Islanders

Ottawa Senators

Montreal Canadiens

Buffalo Sabres

Toronto Maple Leafs

Toronto Toros

Quebec Nordiques

Patrick Division:

New Jersey Devils

New York Rangers

Philadelphia Flyers

Pittsburgh Penguins

Carolina Hurricanes

Detroit Red Wings

Tampa Bay Lightning

Washington Capitals

CLARENCE CAMPBELL CONFERENCE:

Norris Division:

Chicago Blackhawks

Columbus Blue Jackets

Winnipeg Jets

Minnesota Wild

Colorado Avalanche

Dallas Stars

Nashville Predators

St. Louis Blues

Smythe Division:

Calgary Flames

Edmonton Oilers

Vancouver Canucks

Las Vegas Coyotes

San Jose Sharks

Anaheim Ducks

Seattle Metros

Los Angeles Kings

i fix portland i forgot San Jose Sharks 

I hate the one-game Wild Card playoff in baseball, and also think a 2 division-per-league format would be an interesting idea, so here goes nothing:

American League:

East (8 teams):

Baltimore Orioles

Boston Red Sox

Chicago White Sox

Cleveland Indians

Detroit Tigers

New York Yankees

Tampa Bay Rays

Toronto Blue Jays

West (7 teams):

Houston Astros

Kansas City Royals

Los Angeles Angels

Minnesota Twins

Oakland Athletics

Seattle Mariners

Texas Rangers

National League:
East (7 teams):

Atlanta Braves

Cincinnati Reds

Miami Marlins

New York Mets

Philadelphia Phillies

Pittsburgh Pirates

Washington Nationals

West (8 teams):

Arizona Diamondbacks

Chicago Cubs

Colorado Rockies

Los Angeles Dodgers

Milwaukee Brewers

San Diego Padres

San Francisco Giants

St. Louis Cardinals

The two division winners and two wild card winners in each league make the playoffs. In the LDS, the division winners would face the wild card winners, with each division winner receiving home field advantage. A 7-game LDS would be played.

Interleague play would still be required year-round, though I would have the overwhelming majority of games in September be intradivisional.

• Like 1