The Pointless Realignment Outpost

Lee.

Big12 playoff chatter once again. Big10 & co. want them to have 12 teams for that.

I've said it before, might as well steal UCF & USF while they're out there, move into not only the southeast neighbourhood, yet Florida recruiting backyards also.

Of course they'd never do that... I read they'd like UConn & probably Cincinnati (since they want a bit of that region & didn't bite on Louisville when they were available).

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

How about a D-I conference based on the Upper Midwest? For instance:

Midwest-10 Conference

MW-10 West

* North Dakota State

* North Dakota

* South Dakota State

* South Dakota

* Nebraska-Omaha

* Northern Iowa

MW-10 East

* Missouri State

* Illinois State

* Indiana State

* Southern Illinois

* Eastern Illinois

* Western Illinois

Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2011-12 ACC men's basketball conference tournament champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football regular season champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!

CFL, MLB, MLS & NASL, NFL, NBA, NHL, FFL, NBL

College Football in the end of the 21st century v2 (Click here for incomplete v1)

Collegiate Football Associaton (CFA)

Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC)

• ACC Atlantic
    • Boston College
    • Clemson
    • Florida State
    • Louisville
    • Syracuse
    • Rutgers
    • Wake Forest
  • ACC Coastal
    • Duke
    • East Carolina
    • Georgia Tech
    • Miami
    • North Carolina
    • Pittsburgh
    • Virginia
    • Virginia Tech

Big 12 Conference (XII)

• Big 12 North
    • Ball State
    • Iowa State
    • Kansas
    • Kansas State
    • Memphis
    • Missouri
    • Missouri State
    • Northern Illinois
  • Big 12 South
    • Baylor
    • Houston
    • Oklahoma
    • Oklahoma State
    • Texas
    • Texas Christian
    • Texas Tech

Big 10 Conference (B1G)

• Big 10 East
    • Buffalo
    • Connecticut
    • Indiana
    • Maryland
    • Michigan
    • Michigan State
    • Ohio State
    • Penn State
  • Big 10 West
    • Illinois
    • Iowa
    • Minnesota
    • Nebraska
    • North Dakota
    • Northwestern
    • Purdue
    • Wisconsin

Pacific 16 Conference (PAC, P16, OR PAC-16)

• PAC-16 North
    • Boise State
    • California
    • Oregon
    • Oregon State
    • Stanford
    • Utah State
    • Washington
    • Washington State
  • PAC-16 South
    • Arizona
    • Arizona State
    • Colorado
    • Colorado State
    • Southern California
    • UNLV
    • Utah
    • UCLA

Southeastern Conference (SEC)

• SEC East
    • Appalachian State
    • Florida
    • Georgia
    • Kentucky
    • Old Dominion
    • South Carolina
    • Tennessee
    • Vanderbilt
  • SEC West
    • Alabama
    • Arkansas
    • Auburn
    • LSU
    • Mississippi State
    • Ole Miss
    • Texas A&M
    • Tulsa

Patriot Football League (Patriot or PFL)

• Patriot Crusade
    • American*
    • BYU
    • Campbell
    • Fordham
    • Georgetown
    • Holy Cross
    • Liberty
    • Notre Dame
    • SMU
  • Patriot Colonial
    • Air Force
    • Army
    • Bucknell
    • Colgate
    • Lafayette
    • Lehigh
    • Navy
    • Temple
    • VMI

New Ivy League (New Ivy or Ivy)

• Traditional Ivy
    • Brown
    • Columbia
    • Cornell
    • Dartmouth
    • Harvard
    • Penn
    • Princeton
    • Yale
  • Fresh Ivy
    • Caltech
    • Carnegie Mellon
    • Case Western
    • Chicago
    • Johns Hopkins
    • MIT
    • Rochester
    • Washington

I believe adding 2 teams to Major League Baseball is not enough, so why not add 10, and while we're at it, let's shorten the schedule to 150 games. There would be 8 divisions of 5 teams. There would be the NL/AL South, NL/AL North, NL/AL East, and the NL/AL West. The teams would go as following:

NL North

-Milwaukee

-Louisville (Expansion)

-Chicago

-Cincinnati

-St. Louis

NL South

-Miami

-Atlanta

-Nashville (Expansion)

-Tampa Bay (From AL)

-Memphis (Expansion)

NL East

-New York

-Philadelphia

-Washington

-Pittsburgh

-Montreal (Expansion)

NL West

-Los Angeles

-San Francisco

-Colorado

-Arizona

-Salt Lake City (Expansion)

AL North

-Cleveland

-Detroit

-Minnesota

-Chicago

-Indianapolis (Expansion)

AL South

-Texas

-Houston

-Kansas City

-New Orleans (Expansion)

-Oklahoma City (Expansion)

AL East

-New York

-Boston

-Baltimore

-Toronto

-Charlotte (Expansion)

AL West

-Oakland

-Anaheim/Los Angeles

-Seattle

-Portland (Expansion)

-San Diego (From NL)

Each team will play 150 games. 40 games will be vs division members, with 10 games vs each member (5 at home, 5 away), 90 vs same league members, with 6 games vs each team (3 at home, 3 away), and 20 games vs 1 inter-league division, with 4 games vs each team (2 at home, 2 away).

As for the playoffs, each league will now have 8 teams, with 4 division winners, and 4 wild card teams. There will be a best-of-5 game division series, followed by a best-of-5 quarterfinal series. Then there will be a best-of-7 championship series, leading up to the best-of-7 World Series.

Please post thoughts

Is this what you guys are discussing over there in the refuge?

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

Fantasy realignment proposal threads aren't looked at very favorably here.

You should post your idea in this thread and discuss with the brain surgeons there:

http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/99972-the-pointless-realignment-outpost/

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Since some of you monkeys are bored as crap, and since no one likes pointless realignment posts crapping up real threads, I've created this thread specifically for you to post your pointless, unrealistic, and borderline asinine realignment ideas here.

Anyone from this point on who posts anything realignment-related in a real thread from hereon in deserves every amount of crap the rest of the community decides to heap upon them.

Go hog wild.

200.gif

spacer.png

I'd probably put a team or three in London, one in Pyongyong, two or three on the moon, and one smack in the middle of the sun.

Expand the season to 200 games, but build in extra travel days so teams can travel to these new locations, so the season would probably take 400 days or so. Since it would span more than one earth year, it wouldn't be able to start and stop at the same time anymore, so it would always be staggered, so the first season under this format would start in April 2018 and the Worlds series would be in May 2019, then the next season would start September 2019 and end in October 2020, and so on.

They wouldn't be able to refer to seasons by year anymore, so each season would get a name. It could be named after world leaders, or former players, or they could even sell the naming rights. So season 1 under this format could be the Sanders Season, season two could be the Griffey Season, season three could be the JVC Kaboom Box Season, and so on and so forth.

• Like 4

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'd probably put a team or three in London, one in Pyongyong, two or three on the moon, and one smack in the middle of the sun.

Expand the season to 200 games, but build in extra travel days so teams can travel to these new locations, so the season would probably take 400 days or so. Since it would span more than one earth year, it wouldn't be able to start and stop at the same time anymore, so it would always be staggered, so the first season under this format would start in April 2018 and the Worlds series would be in May 2019, then the next season would start September 2019 and end in October 2020, and so on.

They wouldn't be able to refer to seasons by year anymore, so each season would get a name. It could be named after world leaders, or former players, or they could even sell the naming rights. So season 1 under this format could be the Sanders Season, season two could be the Griffey Season, season three could be the JVC Kaboom Box Season, and so on and so forth.

Campbell and Wales seasons

Laughed so hard at this, tears came out of my eyes.

It is what it is.

I forgot to add that since the seasons would go through winters, every team would need to either build an indoor stadium, or play all of their winter games at the ultra-mega-super domed stadium complex that the league would construct in Des Moines. I'm thinking a huge structure that has enough fields in it that at least 15 games could be played at the same time. The seating would be all around, so if your team was playing on one of the inner fields, you wouldn't be able to see too well, but there would be an app so you could watch the action on your mobile device in the comfort of your stadium seat. I'm imaging this like 5x bigger than the biggest nascar track, and the individual baseball fields would be separated by walls on the inside. Each field would have a unique configuration, so one might have a "green monster", one might have bizarre angles, and a few would be elevated so if you fall over the divider wall making a play, you would fall right in to the field of another game that's going on.

One more thing - since most players would probably be not respond well to the intense heat while playing in the sun, there would be a series of special drafts throughout the season where teams can draft extra players from other teams rosters and "sacrifice" them so as to protect their stars from almost certain incineration.

I forgot to add that since the seasons would go through winters, every team would need to either build an indoor stadium, or play all of their winter games at the ultra-mega-super domed stadium complex that the league would construct in Des Moines. I'm thinking a huge structure that has enough fields in it that at least 15 games could be played at the same time. The seating would be all around, so if your team was playing on one of the inner fields, you wouldn't be able to see too well, but there would be an app so you could watch the action on your mobile device in the comfort of your stadium seat. I'm imaging this like 5x bigger than the biggest nascar track, and the individual baseball fields would be separated by walls on the inside. Each field would have a unique configuration, so one might have a "green monster", one might have bizarre angles, and a few would be elevated so if you fall over the divider wall making a play, you would fall right in to the field of another game that's going on.

One more thing - since most players would probably be not respond well to the intense heat while playing in the sun, there would be a series of special drafts throughout the season where teams can draft extra players from other teams rosters and "sacrifice" them so as to protect their stars from almost certain incineration.

Would all these games be broadcast on the same channel at the same time, too?

Um no, that would be silly.

They'd air sequentially, with all but the first game on tape delay. Since there's so many games and only 24 hours in an earth day, each day of games would take around 3 days to broadcast, so a full 200 game season spanning 400 days would take around 3 years to get through, so the further along you go, the more behind you are. So for example, the North Korean Motors season would air while part of the Creamer season (3 seasons post Korean Motors) was being played. Of course there could potentially be years of spoilers out there, so anyone who goes to Des Moines will have to use spoiler tags in their posts.

It's really the only way.

My proposal for a 40 team NFL

NFL
AFC
West
San Diego Chargers
Oakland Raiders
Denver Broncos
Kansas City Chiefs
San Antonio Texans
North
Indianapolis Colts
Pittsburgh Steelers
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Browns
Cincinnati Bengals
East
Buffalo Bills
New York Jets
New England Patriots
New York Titans
Toronto Argonauts
South
Jacksonville Jaguars
Miami Dolphins
Tennessee Titans
Houston Oilers
Memphis Showboats
NFC
West
Los Angeles Rams
Seattle Seahawks
San Francisco 49ers
Arizona Rattlers
Los Angeles Express
North
Green Bay Packers
Chicago Bears
Minnesota Vikings
Detroit Lions
St. Louis Cardinals
East
Washington Redskins
New York Giants
Philadelphia Eagles
Dallas Cowboys
Carolina Panthers
South
Orlando Bandits
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Birmingham Stallions
Atlanta Falcons
New Orleans Saints

They'd air sequentially, with all but the first game on tape delay. Since there's so many games and only 24 hours in an earth day, each day of games would take around 3 days to broadcast, so a full 200 game season spanning 400 days would take around 3 years to get through, so the further along you go, the more behind you are. So for example, the North Korean Motors season would air while part of the Creamer season (3 seasons post Korean Motors) was being played. Of course there could potentially be years of spoilers out there, so anyone who goes to Des Moines will have to use spoiler tags in their posts.

Makes sense, but would there be any problems with jerseys when teams travel to play at the Sun?

Makes sense, but would there be any problems with jerseys when teams travel to play at the Sun?