The Pointless Realignment Outpost

Lee.

This league alignment is the prime factorization of the number of teams in the league.

2 x 2 x 5

2 conferences

2 divisions per conference

5 teams per division

Can't do much better than that.

But!

The fact that the Gulf Coast is not really located in "the West" is a concern for you in naming the conferences.

You have four geographically-based divisions and can't find a way to combine one division with one of the others (leaving the other two to form the other conference).

Why didn't you arbitrarily place teams together (based on some other factor than geography)?

I don't know what you want, but if you are settled on the division names Gulf Coast, Pacific Coast, Great Lakes, and Atlantic Coast you have already configured the geographical boundaries of each division. Which two division boundaries touch? If they do, why aren't those teams together in one division?

- If "Arkansas" is based in Little Rock, it is more west than "St. Louis," and depending on where "Texas" and "Iowa" are based, they would also be more west than St. Louis.

- The Gulf Coast and Atlantic Coast regions do not overlap.

My advice:

- Combine the Pacific Coast teams and the Gulf Coast teams into one division. Keep the Atlantic Coast and Great Lakes separate. 10 & 5/5. Conversely, if you decided to put "St. Louis" in the Pacific Coast Division because it is too far north to be in the "Gulf Coast" Division (and "Iowa" is already in the Pacific Coast), the "Pacific Coast Division" is actually a "Northern" or "Northwestern" Division. You could combine the Atlantic Coast and Great Lakes and keep separate the Pacific Coast and Gulf Coast Division.

- Or if you don't like that, combine the Atlantic Coast and Gulf Coast (because "Gulf Coast" is more east than "Pacific Coast," theoretically) and combine the Great Lakes with the Pacific Coast. The problem here is that you have to decide which team from the midwestern United States ("Arkansas," "Texas," "Iowa," or "St. Louis") should be the one team incorporated into the Pacific Coast Division.

_Not much more to say here. I don't know what you should name the conferences, but if the divisions are based solely on geography, maybe the divisions should incorporate geography into the names.

"West and East" would be more accurate than "North and South," though. You chose to put more-northern teams in the Pacific Coast Division.

__

The placements of the Gulf Coast teams and the Pacific Coast teams is still up in the air, I think. However, you determined either that Iowa is too close to St. Louis for them to be separated or that being placed in the Gulf Coast Division relies on being more South than West (The Gulf Coast is a region outside of East/West). Maybe because this type of criterion does not exist in the "Eastern Conference" divisions, the "Western Conference" should not be divided?

---

What did you decide? You've probably made your decision by now.

Oh :censored:, I just saw the map.

haha.

These are your 4 inherent divisions:

"St. Louis-Buffalo" Division

Des Moines (closest to St. Louis)

St. Louis (closest to Chicago)

Chicago (closest to Dayton)

Dayton (closest to Pittsburgh)

Pittsburgh (closest to Buffalo)

Buffalo (closest to Rochester)

Rochester (closest to Buffalo)

Arkansas (closest to St. Louis)

Texas (closest to Arkansas)

"Long Island Y.-Long Island D." Division

Long Island D. (closest to Long Island Y.)

Long Island Y. (closest to Long Island D.)

New Jersey (closest to New York)

New York (closest to Long Island Y/D)

Springfield (closest to Long Island Y/D)

"Portland" Division

Seattle (closest to Portland)

Portland (closest to Seattle)

Sacramento (closest to Portland)

"Atlanta" Division

Birmingham (closest to Atlanta)

Atlanta (closest to Birmingham)

Florida (closest to Atlanta)

These are the groups of rivalry-games that cannot be separated in any way at any time in the construction of your league.

These rivalries were only determined using geography.

St. Louis-Buffalo (9 teams)

Long Island Y.-Long Island D.(5 teams)

Portland (3 teams)

Atlanta (3 teams)

Good luck with the rest of this.

Here's my idea (you want non-geographically-based division names, but you want to keep the "coast/body of water" themes):

Great Lakes League

Des Moines

St. Louis

Chicago

Dayton

Pittsburgh

Buffalo

Rochester

Arkansas

Texas

*expansion available from North Dakota to Western New York/Central Pennsylvania, Denver to Washington DC, and New Mexico

*expansion available from North Dakota to Western New York/Central Pennsylvania, Denver to Washington DC, and New Mexico

Coastal League

Long Island D.

Long Island Y.

New Jersey

New York

Springfield

Seattle

Portland

Sacramento

Birmingham

Atlanta

Florida

*potential league expansion area in the NW, New-England, Philadelphia, Nashville, and Florida

The only problem here is that the leagues are of 9 and 11 teams each, which would require inter-league play, which would make a "league division" completely arbitrary. Two leagues of 11 teams is also arbitrary, so two leagues of 12 or two leagues of 10 is the only possible fix.

Add four more expansion teams OR move any Coastal League team to a any place where they would be closer to a Great Lakes League team than any Coastal League team (like moving New York or New Jersey to Washington DC, Sacramento, Portland, or Seattle to Denver, Jacksonville to West Virginia, etc.)

The goal is to get a group of 5 in a 20-team league, have 2 leagues, 4 divisions, and have all the teams' rivals be listed in the divisions with the teams. or not.

There are many factors in realigning teams. The Rocky Mountains and Appalachian Mountains are probably the biggest influences of climate on the United States and all of the teams in your league here would be situated on the opposite sides of each mountain range as the other teams in the other league in my idea above. Strange how that worked out.

Final idea:

Coastal League

Long Island D.

Long Island Y.

New Jersey

New York

Springfield

Seattle

Portland

Sacramento

Atlanta

Florida

Plains League (formerly "Great Lakes Division" and "St. Louis-Buffalo Division")

Des Moines

St. Louis

Chicago

Dayton

Pittsburgh

Buffalo

Rochester

Arkansas

Texas

New Orleans (formerly Birmingham, New Orleans is closer to Little Rock than Atlanta and Jacksonville are to New Orleans)

This league alignment is the prime factorization of the number of teams in the league.

2 x 2 x 5

2 conferences

5 teams per division

But!

The fact that the Gulf Coast is not really located in "the West" is a concern for you in naming the conferences.

You have four geographically-based divisions and can't find a way to combine one division with one of the others (leaving the other two to form the other conference).

Why didn't you arbitrarily place teams together (based on some other factor than geography)?

I don't know what you want, but if you are settled on the division names Gulf Coast, Pacific Coast, Great Lakes, and Atlantic Coast you have already configured the geographical boundaries of each division. Which two division boundaries touch? If they do, why aren't those teams together in one division?

- If "Arkansas" is based in Little Rock, it is more west than "St. Louis," and depending on where "Texas" and "Iowa" are based, they would also be more west than St. Louis.

My advice:

- Combine the Pacific Coast teams and the Gulf Coast teams into one division. Keep the Atlantic Coast and Great Lakes separate. 10 & 5/5. Conversely, if you decided to put "St. Louis" in the Pacific Coast Division because it is too far north to be in the "Gulf Coast" Division (and "Iowa" is already in the Pacific Coast), the "Pacific Coast Division" is actually a "Northern" or "Northwestern" Division. You could combine the Atlantic Coast and Great Lakes and keep separate the Pacific Coast and Gulf Coast Division.

- Or if you don't like that, combine the Atlantic Coast and Gulf Coast (because "Gulf Coast" is more east than "Pacific Coast," theoretically) and combine the Great Lakes with the Pacific Coast. The problem here is that you have to decide which team from the midwestern United States ("Arkansas," "Texas," "Iowa," or "St. Louis") should be the one team incorporated into the Pacific Coast Division.

_Not much more to say here. I don't know what you should name the conferences, but if the divisions are based solely on geography, maybe the divisions should incorporate geography into the names.

"West and East" would be more accurate than "North and South," though. You chose to put more-northern teams in the Pacific Coast Division.

__

The placements of the Gulf Coast teams and the Pacific Coast teams is still up in the air, I think. However, you determined either that Iowa is too close to St. Louis for them to be separated or that being placed in the Gulf Coast Division relies on being more South than West (The Gulf Coast is a region outside of East/West). Maybe because this type of criterion does not exist in the "Eastern Conference" divisions, the "Western Conference" should not be divided?

---

haha.

"Portland" Division

"Atlanta" Division

These are the groups of rivalry-games that cannot be separated in any way at any time in the construction of your league.

Portland (3 teams)

Atlanta (3 teams)

Here's my idea (you want non-geographically-based division names, but you want to keep the "coast/body of water" themes):

Great Lakes League

Des Moines

St. Louis

Chicago

Dayton

Pittsburgh

Buffalo

Rochester

Arkansas

Texas

Coastal League

Long Island D.

Long Island Y.

New Jersey

New York

Springfield

Seattle

Portland

Sacramento

Birmingham

Atlanta

Florida

*potential league expansion area in the NW, New-England, Philadelphia, Nashville, and Florida

The only problem here is that the leagues are of 9 and 11 teams each, which would require inter-league play, which would make a "league division" completely arbitrary. Two leagues of 11 teams is also arbitrary, so two leagues of 12 or two leagues of 10 is the only possible fix.

Add four more expansion teams OR move any Coastal League team to a any place where they would be closer to a Great Lakes League team than any Coastal League team (like moving New York or New Jersey to Washington DC, Sacramento, Portland, or Seattle to Denver, Jacksonville to West Virginia, etc.)

The goal is to get a group of 5 in a 20-team league, have 2 leagues, 4 divisions, and have all the teams' rivals be listed in the divisions with the teams. or not.

There are many factors in realigning teams. The Rocky Mountains and Appalachian Mountains are probably the biggest influences of climate on the United States and all of the teams in your league here would be situated on the opposite sides of each mountain range as the other teams in the other league in my idea above. Strange how that worked out.

Final idea:

Coastal League

Long Island D.

Long Island Y.

New Jersey

New York

Springfield

Seattle

Portland

Sacramento

Atlanta

Florida

Plains League (formerly "Great Lakes Division" and "St. Louis-Buffalo Division")

Des Moines

St. Louis

Chicago

Dayton

Pittsburgh

Buffalo

Rochester

Arkansas

Texas

New Orleans (formerly Birmingham, New Orleans is closer to Little Rock than Atlanta and Jacksonville are to New Orleans)

You're like my Aunt Mary's ass; never ending and just as frightening.

2 x 2 x 5

2 conferences

5 teams per division

But!

My advice:

__

---

haha.

"Portland" Division

"Atlanta" Division

Portland (3 teams)

Atlanta (3 teams)

Great Lakes League

Des Moines

St. Louis

Chicago

Dayton

Pittsburgh

Buffalo

Rochester

Arkansas

Texas

Coastal League

Long Island D.

Long Island Y.

New Jersey

New York

Springfield

Seattle

Portland

Sacramento

Birmingham

Atlanta

Florida

Final idea:

Coastal League

Long Island D.

Long Island Y.

New Jersey

New York

Springfield

Seattle

Portland

Sacramento

Atlanta

Florida

Des Moines

St. Louis

Chicago

Dayton

Pittsburgh

Buffalo

Rochester

Arkansas

Texas

I...I can't even...

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

Hello, Max.

My name is Marshall Eriksen. I have been hired from New York City by the user RoughRiders9, for the sole purpose of lawyering you on this thread.

I have read your statements on in your words a "realignment" as you would probably call it in an ideal world. But the problem is our world isn't an ideal world. I will begin my argument. Prepare to be lawyered.

You, sir, have taken my client's league names post and FUBAR the entire league. (For the sake of this court, I will use friendly language, screw it up beyond any recognition. But I'm sure you can figure it out, since you claim to be a big boy).

I'm going to the evidence to support my argument.

1) He never asked you for anything more than suggestions to the divisions he and his group already decided. Basically he was asking for a cherry on top of his cake, but nope, you had to squash his cake, didn't you?

2) Logic would shoot itself in the head if it attempted to read the crap you presented as your "logic".

3) Coastal League - eastern and western coast teams in the same league. Wut? How do you explain travel times?

4) I thought of a phrase to summarize up your post, but my brain exploded before I even began to think about how to summarize your post. It's that bad.

All in all, I request you GTFO this thread and leave my client and the other poor users on this thread from any more butchering of logic and baseball and other sports too.

You are that terrible of a fan that other fans do not want you to comment anymore.

Marshall Eriksen out.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lqpx2yjiqj1qbathb.gif

• Like 1

tumblr_lqpx2yjiqj1qbathb.gif

LAWYERED.

"Dude, what is it with you and my wife's boobs tonight?"

::SLAPS:: "THAT'S THREE!"

Hello, Max.

My name is Marshall Eriksen. I have been hired from New York City by the user RoughRiders9, for the sole purpose of lawyering you on this thread.

I have read your statements on in your words a "realignment" as you would probably call it in an ideal world. But the problem is our world isn't an ideal world. I will begin my argument. Prepare to be lawyered.

You, sir, have taken my client's league names post and FUBAR the entire league. (For the sake of this court, I will use friendly language, screw it up beyond any recognition. But I'm sure you can figure it out, since you claim to be a big boy).

I'm going to the evidence to support my argument.

1) He never asked you for anything more than suggestions to the divisions he and his group already decided. Basically he was asking for a cherry on top of his cake, but nope, you had to squash his cake, didn't you?

2) Logic would shoot itself in the head if it attempted to read the crap you presented as your "logic".

3) Coastal League - eastern and western coast teams in the same league. Wut? How do you explain travel times?

4) I thought of a phrase to summarize up your post, but my brain exploded before I even began to think about how to summarize your post. It's that bad.

All in all, I request you GTFO this thread and leave my client and the other poor users on this thread from any more butchering of logic and baseball and other sports too.

You are that terrible of a fan that other fans do not want you to comment anymore.

Marshall Eriksen out.

http://media.tumblr....jiqj1qbathb.gif

http://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc431/islandofships/HIMYM/marshall.gif

Travel time is probably equal, but he didn't mention that travel time could be a factor.

The MLB divisions are linear (a line from west through "central" to east). Basically, there are two coastal divisions and one central division per league. This bothers me because choosing which teams go in each of the three divisions must begin on the coasts. In other words, the 5 "westernmost" teams are automatically put in the west, the 5 easternmost are the East Division, thus the remaining teams are "central" only for being not one of the five easternmost or westernmost teams.

The Central Divisions are made up of geographical leftovers.

I don't remember why I had to share that idea.

You didn't answer my question, Max.

Why did you have to take over his league? It was perfect. Sure, there MIGHT be geographical imperfections and such, but really, who cares? It's a simple question. Names. He never asked you to steal his league and basically screw it up to the point where nobody, I repeat, NOBODY, wants to read that kind of crap without shooting themselves.

LAWYERED.

What the hell's happening?

Well basically. People come here, post ideas, some good some bad. Then Max comes in, butchers everything, has convoluted, contrived, ignorant reasons behind his ideas. With minor effort and a small amount of critical thinking, everone sees that Max's ideas are comepletely fu<ked up, which people call him out on. Max then makes claims of his profound logic and miss uses terms, like prime factorization, to prove how idiotic he is.

After that, we all tend to just stare blankly at the screen, dumbfounded. This continues right up until some one realizes their brain is essentially eating itself, trying to figure out what the fu<k kind of medication Max is on, because it's obviously the greatest fu<king narcotic known to man. And right as our brains are about to feast on its own cortex, something in the back of our minds scream "THIS IS FU<KED!!!!!!!!!" then we all collectively piss ourselves and pass out.

Once we come back around, it's like waking up from one of those dreams where you cant figure out if it was real or not. Unfortunatly for us, we wake up, and Max's ideas are staring back at us. Thats when all the screaming and "WTF are you talking about :censored:?" comes out. This lasts for a few days until Max stops posting and we can actually have informed discussions. That lasts maybe a week, until Max takes another :censored: on all our faces.

Sorry for all the cursing.

• Like 2

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

"20 factorized?" "The prime factors of 20 are...?" "The prime factorization of 20 is...?" You are right, I don't know how to explain this concept correctly, but I doubt many people on here would rather explain to me how to use the concept (also called "the theory of algebra") than try to kick me off of here.

Fact is, and what I have noticed, nobody really ever has new ideas on here.

I would have gladly deleted my account if I didn't have some expectation that this forum would be interesting. It used to be a goldmine for great ideas. I'm sure the Concepts and Sports Logos forums are full of ideas that will govern branding in the future. This website is probably the most high-profile it has ever been.

I really don't know what you are all asking me to do. Keep in mind that I can just come back whenever I want under a different name, like how RoughRiders99 became MarshallErikson so that the attacks against my posts seem more popular.

Whatever. Post your fake leagues and :censored:. I'll read all of them. If you don't want my thoughts, don't post them.

You can't just say my thoughts are ":censored:ed up."

You just have to hit "Send" on the bottom right.

Don't be afraid.

Don't be a dumb bully.

You can write anything.

"Fitting your thoughts into the topic" is impossible. Learn to enjoy reading what you consider "off-topic" posts. If the intent of the post is to be off topic, you will become more valuable to the board if you relate the post to what you think the topic "is." This board survives on posts.

How does the previous post relate to the topic? People don't like me because my ideas are ":censored:ed up." Wow.

Aw, is Max getting all the feels?

So you felt that since you were insulted, you insult us all with "this used to be a goldmine" and "there used to be good ideas on this site".

Nobody asked you to come on here and comment. You could have left this thread without commenting. You made the conscious decision to post with your own thought being that in your own words, this thread sucks.

And I figured out who you are.

You thought I would not figure it out, but I know now...

MISTER MZYZPTLK. You filthy imp, I command you to return to the fifth dimension by reciting your name in backwards order, thus opening up the wormhole to your dimension and returning you back to your own world. And that such name is KLTPZYZM.

>_>

Is he gone?

Oh, btw. I ain't RoughRiders9. Nice try though.

• Like 1

LAWYERED.

I think this thread has run it's course.

It's not that it's run it's course, it's just been taken way too far off topic, namely by one member (max) and, yes, we got sucked in, but only because we were trying to get him out of here so we could get it back on course.

Ignore button would go a long way to getting it back on course.

Thats what I did Friday. The only way to vanqish the troll is to rid of it's power. Quit feeding him attention and he will eventually go away.

We try. It's easier said than done.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES