infrared41's Best and Worst - NFL Week Two

infrared41

Another less than stellar week of NFL uniform match ups. There were a couple really good looking games, a lot of average looking games, and just a couple that warranted a spot on the worst list. 

As always, the lists are just my opinion. Your opinion may be different than mine and you are encouraged to say so. Let's give the wheel a spin and play our game. 

Best:

1. Bills - Panthers: It's too bad the Bills play in a city where the sun basically disappears after September because these uniforms look great in the sunshine. I like that the Panthers go all white for the early home games. Good looking match up. 

GoSk1Gr.jpg

2. Jets - Raiders: I still prefer the all white, but the Jets white over green look is growing on me. If the Jets had gone all white, this one takes the top spot. What can you say about the Raiders? How about they have one of the best uniform sets in all of football. Another good looking match up. 

a0q0RKx.jpg

3. Vikings - Steelers: Another game that could have taken the top spot. The fact that I like the Bills and Raiders uniforms a little better than the Steelers uniform put this one at number three. Yet another good looking game.

mqpccxI.jpg

4. Eagles - Chiefs: I like Philly in all white, but how much I like it depends on the match up. It loses just a little when matched up against those classic Chiefs uniforms. Maybe the drab green doesn't work so well with all that red. Whatever the case, this one was still good enough for the #4 spot this week.

sOfj1UA.jpg

5. Browns - Ravens: The Browns need to wear the all white combo as often as possible. The Ravens need to ditch the black pants and stick with purple over white and all white. 

tKuIxtH.jpg

Worst:

1. Patriots - Saints: The uniform that looks like it was designed by committee takes on the worst possible choice in its opponents wardrobe. Both teams are just a few changes away from looking good. But not here.

j50Arnm.jpg

2. Dolphins - Chargers: If I had a "most boring" list, this match up would take the top spot. Miami's current look reminds me of a travel agency, a cruise line, a water park, a tube of toothpaste...what it doesn't remind me of is an NFL uniform. The bright side is we'll get the Dolphins throwbacks twice this season. Looks like we're stuck with this Chargers set. 

r1vYh7N.jpg

That's it for this week. We'll do it all again next week. Thanks for taking a look. 

BB52Big.jpg

31 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

5. Browns - Ravens: The Browns need to wear the all white combo as often as possible. The Ravens need to ditch the black pants and stick with purple over white and all white. 

tKuIxtH.jpg

Agreed on both points.  If only the Browns would also ditch the name on the pants.  That is what really kills their whole set for me.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

1 hour ago, infrared41 said:

Another less than stellar week of NFL uniform match ups. There were a couple really good looking games, a lot of average looking games, and just a couple that warranted a spot on the worst list. 

As always, the lists are just my opinion. Your opinion may be different than mine and you are encouraged to say so. Let's give the wheel a spin and play our game. 

Best:

1. Bills - Panthers: It's too bad the Bills play in a city where the sun basically disappears after September because these uniforms look great in the sunshine. I like that the Panthers go all white for the early home games. Good looking match up. 

GoSk1Gr.jpg

2. Jets - Raiders: I still prefer the all white, but the Jets white over green look is growing on me. If the Jets had gone all white, this one takes the top spot. What can you say about the Raiders? How about they have one of the best uniform sets in all of football. Another good looking match up. 

a0q0RKx.jpg

3. Vikings - Steelers: Another game that could have taken the top spot. The fact that I like the Bills and Raiders uniforms a little better than the Steelers uniform put this one at number three. Yet another good looking game.

mqpccxI.jpg

4. Eagles - Chiefs: I like Philly in all white, but how much I like it depends on the match up. It loses just a little when matched up against those classic Chiefs uniforms. Maybe the drab green doesn't work so well with all that red. Whatever the case, this one was still good enough for the #4 spot this week.

sOfj1UA.jpg

tKuIxtH.jpg

Worst:

1. Patriots - Saints: The uniform that looks like it was designed by committee takes on the worst possible choice in its opponents wardrobe. Both teams are just a few changes away from looking good. But not here.

j50Arnm.jpg

2. Dolphins - Chargers: If I had a "most boring" list, this match up would take the top spot. Miami's current look reminds me of a travel agency, a cruise line, a water park, a tube of toothpaste...what it doesn't remind me of is an NFL uniform. The bright side is we'll get the Dolphins throwbacks twice this season. Looks like we're stuck with this Chargers set. 

r1vYh7N.jpg

That's it for this week. We'll do it all again next week. Thanks for taking a look. 

Boring isn't bad, at least to me. 

The dolphins chargers game isn't good, nor bad. It's just forgettable. 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

No need to quote all of the images.

The Browns simply can't make any top 5 list, despite their opponents.  I can't get past all of the flaws of their uniform, even if at a distance, the colors look really good and match up well with their opponents.

Can't argue with the others, though I'd've put Jets/Raiders #1.  Carolina in white just doesn't work for me due to the white pants.  Give them some silver and it's a close #2 for me this week.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 minutes ago, Ark said:

Patriots vs. Saints looks great

This board finds the most insignificant things to complain about. 

Gold pants would look so much better than black pants. That's pretty significant!

Jets-Raiders is my #1, even though I agree about the Jets and white pants, but I totally agree that the Bills look great in the sun. Those sunny early-autumn games at Ralph Wilson Stadium look like pure football to me.

I'm not feeling the Ravens in purple jerseys and white pants. As much as I dislike monochromes, the Ravens need to wear as much black as possible, even full black socks with no "low whites." And the numbers are, of course, terrible.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

24 minutes ago, Ark said:

This board finds the most insignificant things to complain about. 

You get what kind of site this is, right? The "insignificant" stuff is kinda what we do around here. Anyway, I don't believe that stating my opinion on something is the same thing as "complaining." 

BB52Big.jpg

I'm going to have to disagree with Carolina-Buffalo. The Bills uniforms are good, but the Panthers have too many flaws in their uniform set to be in a ranking that high. I will say color-wise, I thought Green Bay-Atlanta was a pleasant sight.

18 hours ago, the admiral said:

Gold pants would look so much better than black pants. That's pretty significant!

Jets-Raiders is my #1, even though I agree about the Jets and white pants, but I totally agree that the Bills look great in the sun. Those sunny early-autumn games at Ralph Wilson Stadium look like pure football to me.

I'm not feeling the Ravens in purple jerseys and white pants. As much as I dislike monochromes, the Ravens need to wear as much black as possible, even full black socks with no "low whites." And the numbers are, of course, terrible.

New Era Field :wink2:, And totally agree, there seems to be a different energy for those September home games under the sun...er, maybe it's just because all hope isn't lost until early October.

I did really like the DET-NYG matchup. I forget how much I have loved the switch to white pants with the blue NYG tops.  I think they really shine under the lights.  Compare this matchup a couple days ago with one from a few years back:

usa_today_10291208.1505777373.jpg

giants-vs-lions.jpg

44 minutes ago, SizzlinSabres said:

New Era Field :wink2:, And totally agree, there seems to be a different energy for those September home games under the sun...er, maybe it's just because all hope isn't lost until early October.

I did really like the DET-NYG matchup. I forget how much I have loved the switch to white pants with the blue NYG tops.  I think they really shine under the lights.  Compare this matchup a couple days ago with one from a few years back:

usa_today_10291208.1505777373.jpg

giants-vs-lions.jpg

Both of those teams would be well served to always wear grey/silver pants and black shoes, IMO, and the Giants need to return to that pant stripe is the second pic too. 

Just based on that alone, I'd say that the matchup from a few years ago is the better one.

Loved the Lions-Giants matchup.  The white pants for the G-Men look great.  Save the grey pants for the road.  The Lions new, road look is fantastic.  I dig the blue pants with the white jersey, but for comparison's sake, I hope they pair 'em with the grey pants on the road at least one time this season.

Archived