NHL 2018-19

ldconcepts

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are the Oilers using a different shade of orange because it looks awful. It doesn't blend well with the navy at all.

I thought bringing navy back would improve their look but I was wrong. This looks drab as hell.

Related image

Compared to what they were using before. This really pops and it looked great. 

Image result for oilers 2017

Navy was a mistake and the Oilers should look into bringing back their old set ASAP. 

XM4KeeA.png

3 hours ago, insert name said:

Are the Oilers using a different shade of orange because it looks awful. It doesn't blend well with the navy at all.

I thought bringing navy back would improve their look but I was wrong. This looks drab as hell.

Related image

Compared to what they were using before. This really pops and it looked great. 

Image result for oilers 2017

Navy was a mistake and the Oilers should look into bringing back their old set ASAP. 

Top picture is better, neither are good.

Quite positive the picture below would have spot lights on the players as well, post goal being scored.

2 minutes ago, Prince Harry said:

That’s a fairly nice looking script logo, but it’s not very legible. 

Also LOL at Schiefele adjusting his helmet size after the sticker was put on. The sticker is literally split in two. 

I think that is Roslovic! But, yeah, it is split. Ha!

It will hopefully look better on the alternate.

The Oilers new orange sweater looks drabber because of the navy touching the orange in the stripes.  Those two colors next to each other really get muddy and bring down the look.  Navy next to a clean crisp white would look much better.   Basically just fill in the orange stripes with navy.

10 minutes ago, CreamSoda said:

The Oilers new orange sweater looks drabber because of the navy touching the orange in the stripes.  Those two colors next to each other really get muddy and bring down the look.  Navy next to a clean crisp white would look much better.   Basically just fill in the orange stripes with navy.

I agree that the wide stripe looks better with the orange jersey. The tri-stripe however looks better on the white and blue jerseys. The Oilers kinda gave themselves a conundrum where they wanted to change the home colour without sacrificing too many elements of their classic 80s design.

I think they should have went all in with the WHA striping if they wanted the orange Home jersey to work. 

2 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

While I generally believe in it, I do have some notable exceptions:

The darker background helps, certainly.

Also baseball caps generally exist outside of normal rules of design. They have their own rules they follow, that don't even need to match the rest of the uniform they're being worn with. Baseball caps are their own thing.

36 minutes ago, CreamSoda said:

Quick look at why orange and blue shouldn't touch...

52SxgOY.png

Eh I dunno, looks okay to my eyes. Ha ha actually I do kinda see what your saying. But honestly the contrast is enough, I wouldn’t call it muddy looking.

3 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

The darker background helps, certainly.

Also baseball caps generally exist outside of normal rules of design. They have their own rules they follow, that don't even need to match the rest of the uniform they're being worn with. Baseball caps are their own thing.

That makes sense. Still, the Oilers’ classic set didn’t really have the “bleeding” issue present on the current orange set: 

Edmonton-Oilers-throwback-uniform-2018-2

The orange separates well from the blue background. White outlines on the orange has the potential to “bleed” together.

5 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

That makes sense. Still, the Oilers’ classic set didn’t really have the “bleeding” issue present on the current orange set: 

The orange separates well from the blue background. White outlines on the orange has the potential to “bleed” together.

Should have never switched from this, IMO. 

3 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

That looks absolutely beautiful, but so do the new orange homes.  I'm glad the Oilers went in a fresh new direction for the McDavid era while honoring their rich heritage on select days.  I wouldn't change anything about their current jersey lineup.

Edit: Why is it only being worn for 4 games?  Make it the full time alternate look!

Archived