XFL 2020 Season

ozzyman314

On 1/15/2020 at 12:18 AM, GDAWG said:

That will be the ceiling for the XFL. 

No man, the play in the XFL will easily surp[ass what we saw with the AAF. better QBs already on board and thats gonna be the key. 

utahpioneerssig_by_verasthebrujah-dbt6623.png.47ea1d18a023dde3cc5da14a646e53fb.png

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No one who's followed the exploits of Vince McMahon for any amount of time is going to describe him as someone who learns from his mistakes. That said, he's doing two things in XFL 2.0 far better than the first go-round: He's given the teams actual training camps and scrimmages, which hopefully leads to better play right out of the gate. And he's made ticket prices more in line with a minor league sporting event than a WWE show. The cheapest face value for any team's ticket in XFL 1.0 was $25. The better seats were far less expensive than comparable NFL tickets, and there weren't luxury box sales or PSLs, so the XFL got to claim a much lower "fan friendly" average ticket price, but come on. I went to a Colts game in '03 for $30. This time, the cheap seats are $20-$24 in 2020 dollars, and I don't think there are many $30 face value tickets to be had in the NFL anymore.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

2 hours ago, Skycast said:

Regarding the ref's uniforms...who gives a hairy monkey's butt? If the football is entertaining I could care less what the refs are wearing.

I mean... you registered for a forum that exists specifically to discuss sports uniforms... so a lot of us give a "hairy monkey's butt". 

Is there a non-hairy monkey's butt?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

46 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I mean... you registered for a forum that exists specifically to discuss sports uniforms... so a lot of us give a "hairy monkey's butt". 

There is, but probably becasue he was scratching too much. Hahahahahahahaha!!!!!

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

The XFL got too cute with the ref uniforms.  Sometimes simple is the best solution.  Regular ref uniforms but with XFL logos.  Simple as that.  The CFL does that, regular ref uniforms with CFL logos.  College football does the same. 

12 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

No one who's followed the exploits of Vince McMahon for any amount of time is going to describe him as someone who learns from his mistakes. That said, he's doing two things in XFL 2.0 far better than the first go-round: He's given the teams actual training camps and scrimmages, which hopefully leads to better play right out of the gate. And he's made ticket prices more in line with a minor league sporting event than a WWE show. The cheapest face value for any team's ticket in XFL 1.0 was $25. The better seats were far less expensive than comparable NFL tickets, and there weren't luxury box sales or PSLs, so the XFL got to claim a much lower "fan friendly" average ticket price, but come on. I went to a Colts game in '03 for $30. This time, the cheap seats are $20-$24 in 2020 dollars, and I don't think there are many $30 face value tickets to be had in the NFL anymore.

Raiders didn't change their prices from 2005-2016 and you could get a seat in Mt. Davis or later the west upper bowl for $25. It increased to $33 in 2017-19 and the number of sections were reduced.

https://www.silverandblackpride.com/2017/1/5/14180194/winning-season-proves-costly-for-raiders-fans-as-2017-ticket-prices-soar

Due to the size of the LA Coliseum, the Rams had season tickets as low as $31/game.

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2019/08/05/nfl-rams-tickets-season-gameday-pass-2019/

Buccaneers had $30 seats for 2019 too.

No surprise:

https://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/28531142/former-nfl-receiver-chad-johnson-skips-scheduled-xfl-tryout

Retired NFL receiver Chad Johnson did not participate in a tryout Monday with the XFL as scheduled, according to multiple people familiar with the situation.

Johnson, 42, announced last week on Twitter that he would work out as a place-kicker with the new league. A source confirmed that Johnson was set to be evaluated alongside a number of other potential kickers as the XFL wrapped up its first training camp.

But Johnson informed the league Sunday that he had decided against participating. He has not commented publicly about the decision.

Johnson was a six-time Pro Bowl player in the NFL and has often expressed sincere interest in kicking. In fact, he converted an extra point and kicked off for the Cincinnati Bengals during the 2009 preseason. Last month, he posted a video on Instagram in which he converted what he wrote was a 60-yard field goal.

Among the place-kickers the XFL did sign out of Monday's tryouts was Garrett Hartley, who played for the New Orleans Saints from 2008 to 2013.

5 hours ago, GDAWG said:

The XFL got too cute with the ref uniforms.  Sometimes simple is the best solution.  Regular ref uniforms but with XFL logos.  Simple as that.  The CFL does that, regular ref uniforms with CFL logos.  College football does the same. 

Two schools of thought here:

1) make yourself look like a legitimate league by going with the same ref uniforms that all the other legit leagues use.  

2) emphasize that you're a different 'brand' of football and make as many aspects as possible unique, in hopes that the viewer sees the ref uniforms and associates them with the XFL and that the XFL is "different".

Neither is the right or wrong approach.  The only problem is that they chose #2, and then made ugly-ass uniforms.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Two schools of thought here:

1) make yourself look like a legitimate league by going with the same ref uniforms that all the other legit leagues use.  

2) emphasize that you're a different 'brand' of football and make as many aspects as possible unique, in hopes that the viewer sees the ref uniforms and associates them with the XFL and that the XFL is "different".

Neither is the right or wrong approach.  The only problem is that they chose #2, and then made ugly-ass uniforms.

The XFL also went too cute with the XFL team uniforms too.  I am of the opinion that Tampa Bay's uniforms would be a lot better if they had followed the route of the Jets and copied the Saskatchewan Roughriders. 

21 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Oh, I'm well aware of what forum I'm on, but think the reactions for the ref's uniforms are just way overblown and honestly they're not that bad in my opinion. Besides, I certainly won't be focusing on them during a game.

And yes, apparently there are a lot of monkey species with non-hairy butts.

On 1/21/2020 at 1:33 AM, Sodboy13 said:

This is a great point. Here in St. Louis, where I've recently moved, I'm struggling to find a good time to introduce my wife and kids to NHL hockey in a way that isn't prohibitively expensive or inconvenient. (Weekend games are super expensive, weeknight games keep my kids out too late on school nights.) 

But I have no apprehension at $24 to give the Battlehawks a try. It's low risk, and comparable in price to the city's USL team. 

(That said, I just looked up tickets, and it appears a lot of the cheap seats are selling fast. The cheapest ticket for the first two games is now $36 -- still reasonable, compared to NFL prices.)

Archived