XFL 2020 Season

ozzyman314

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vince, don't let the wrestling get into the football just because the staff is on hand. Remember how that went last time,

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

48 minutes ago, Sodboy13 said:

Vince, don't let the wrestling get into the football just because the staff is on hand. Remember how that went last time,

Jonathan Coachman at least worked for ESPN for several years. And Renee Young has legitimate talent (and experience) as a sports show host. Funny thing is that, of course, WWE gave Renee Paquette a gimmicked name when she joined the company, lest she appear too Canadian (or Canadien, as it were).

This is Alyse "Ashton" Zwick:

She also apparently does work for the New York Islanders and Fox 5, so I don't understand any of this.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

2 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

Pat McAfee is also doing XFL games for ESPN/ABC and the WWE uses him for their kickoff shows for the NXT brand.  

"ESPN XFL" still scrambles my brain a little.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Downloaded the XFL app. Gotta say, they really learned from the AAF on it. They didn't hype it and then they didn't disappoint either. Might have to actually see if there is any connectivity with the games themselves like the AAF. Then again, not having something like that might be an advantage considering how much the live broadcast lagged behind the game with the AAF.

EDIT: Oh, and I know @Ferdinand Cesarano likes to buy merch from leagues like this so you can buy merch off of the app too.

2 hours ago, Red Comet said:

EDIT: Oh, and I know @Ferdinand Cesarano likes to buy merch from leagues like this so you can buy merch off of the app too.

Thanks for thinking of that!

But I already ordered my New York Guardians hat through the website. (Today I recieved the message that it had shipped.)

Anyway, I will check out the app.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

On 2/3/2020 at 7:19 PM, mkg74 said:

Attendance will be better than week 1 AAF

We have these numbers to go against

And who knows how much thiose figures were 'padded'

I was at the last game in person, there werent no 11,751 people for damn sure

The AAF was padding its attendance to a ludicrous extent. They were shipping blocks of tickets to entities as varied as fast food companies and police departments for them to give away as they pleased. Cynics like me pointed out that the second those stacks of tickets left the league’s office, they were “distributed” and counted towards the game attendance. 

We’ll likely never know, but I wouldn’t be at all surprised to learn one day that 75% of the league “attendance” represented tickets that stayed in a drawer or were given away to people who had no intention of ever coming to the game. 

22 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Jonathan Coachman at least worked for ESPN for several years. And Renee Young has legitimate talent (and experience) as a sports show host. Funny thing is that, of course, WWE gave Renee Paquette a gimmicked name when she joined the company, lest she appear too Canadian (or Canadien, as it were).

This is Alyse "Ashton" Zwick:

She also apparently does work for the New York Islanders and Fox 5, so I don't understand any of this.

The only good moments Jonathan Coachman ever had in WWE were his interactions with Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson all those years ago.  

1 hour ago, GDAWG said:

This is how ticket sales are doing for half of the league

Its Week 1. Let's see how Week 2-onward goes.

I mean, I would be thrilled if this league actually did become a viable alternative but the track record isn't good.

Archived