XFL 2023 Logos, Names and Uniforms

The Golden One

17 hours ago, Frylock said:

Irrelevant opinion, but, even the officials tops look goofy. It looks like a rugby-style polo you’d see at The Gap in 1991.

Should of just gone all black with white script or all white.

21 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I'm looking at it like this, if Fox is wanting to treat this as just below the level as the NFL, they'll want to avoid ad space. If they got Nike, adidas, or a big name to make the jerseys I can see them putting their logos on it. But if it's OTP or some company that just makes adidas' teamwear uniforms they won't want them on the uniform anywhere. 

ZBBRykW.png

I think the only thing that threw me off is how few stripes they used on these, to include stripes on the sleeves. But they are an improvement on the planned 2020 referee uniforms.

XFL breaks new ground by having a woman on every officiating crew –  Football Zebras

Houston, Texas, USA. 8th Feb, 2020. XFL down judge Tangela Mitchell leaves  a meeting on the field during the XFL game between the Los Angeles Wildcats  and the Houston Roughnecks at TDECU

They did end up going with these which were slightly different from the standard uniform at the start of the season. 

The last one isn't too bad.

Though they could of gone with a lighter colour?

Logano wins BOWL before Chargers.

Just now, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Wait, you actually think that that is correct? Wow.

I'm so glad this thread is about the English language on a media platform that goes worldwide to a few countries that aren't familiar with the peculiarities of the language.

I'm guessing your head is always up there, you know where the sun don't shine.

Logano wins BOWL before Chargers.

According to his profile, he's in Singapore.  So while English is an official language, it may be taught differently and/or used differently, so maybe let's cut him a break.

*though my personal experience in Singapore with people from various backgrounds is that their English was perfect, but that's a relatively small sample size.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

12 hours ago, GDAWG said:

The uniforms are still not great, but not as bad as first portrayed when they were initially released.  

Not at all. USFLs designs, whether by legacy or not, definitely have more life.  Who designed the XFL uniforms by the way? Is it a league or team hire? They all seem to have such an aggressively dark tone. I guess it fits since it is the eXtreme Football League. 

btw....how about XFL Champ vs USFL Champ in a Spring Bowl....huh huh? 

2 minutes ago, Est1980 said:

Not at all. USFLs designs, whether by legacy or not, definitely have more life.  Who designed the XFL uniforms by the way? Is it a league or team hire? They all seem to have such an aggressively dark tone. I guess it fits since it is the eXtreme Football League. 

btw....how about XFL Champ vs USFL Champ in a Spring Bowl....huh huh? 

That would require schedules that were more aligned than what they are today. The XFL ends in mid-May while the USFL ends in late June, so there's a month-and-a-half gap between the end of their respective seasons. Not only that, there's also the possibility that some XFL players could land contracts with USFL teams at the end of their season. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

That would require schedules that were more aligned than what they are today. The XFL ends in mid-May while the USFL ends in late June, so there's a month-and-a-half gap between the end of their respective seasons. Not only that, there's also the possibility that some XFL players could land contracts with USFL teams at the end of their season. 

Good shout.  Thought they overlapped a lot closer than that. 

Fun weekend.  Now that we've seen everything in action...

Darlington looks better than I expected to find them.  The helmet stripe is unique and it all looks good together.  White on powder without an outline is stupid and the use of the DR logo is moreso.  I understand all of the bad decisions made involving the Arlington identity.  It was a sacrifice to get good deals with the city.  It still sucks.  And I know they've got XFL, Under Amor, and sometimes Brahma Bull logos, but couldn't they have had a space for any of the secondary logos they made a big deal of on the logos themselves?  Especially since a lot of them look so good.

Vipers look awesome.  The more and more I look at their logo, the more I like it.  It's cool.  It looks like a logo for a cool car, but it's still cool.  And it may be the only time I've had one of those overly-thought-out explanations of a logo's inspiration actually give me better appreciation of it, since I see the fangs and think it works.  They might be the best pure identity in my book, but for me the Black/Red/White color scheme is always a winner.

Orlando's logos look tiny.  There has to be a middle ground.  The stripe is cool, but much like the animal that looks like a mixture of things, I'm left wondering if there's meant to be some specific reference.  I'm getting Cow Tools'd.  They should have taken the three-claw swipe stripe from the Los Angeles Wildcats.

Houston looks like a CFL team.  I don't know if that's because they specifically looks like the Alouettes, or if I associate the different-colored shoulders like that with the league.  The helmet doesn't help, but I don't think it would look too bad with a solid uniform.

St. Louis looks like the last St. Louis, and that's all they had to do.  Classic-looking but unique color scheme.  The center stripe should probably more clearly evoke the sword from between the wings, but the Titans may throw a hissy.

San Antonio looks... weird.  The greyish is drab and I have absolutely no idea where this color scheme came from.  It looks like it should be a color scheme for an Army alternate, but just because it would be based off of an actual military uniform.  I actually really dig the helmets.  I feel silly that I didn't realize it was a negative space B on the back and instead thought there was a little design I couldn't see between the horns.  But the horns themselves look 1,000% better in action than they did on the graphics packages/on a mannequin.  

DC looks beautiful and classic.  The pattern is a bit weird, but I like to believe the marble interpretation.  The D looks great, and honestly I'd be perfectly fine with them just putting a backwards D on the other side because it looks so much better moving forward.

Seattle looks good on the road, but I don't know how much I'll like the more orange homes.  Such a weird decision out of all their colors to go with orange primarily.  Actually, looking at the league... were the teams forced to go with one major color that didn't match everyone else so that they could put them all together and be distinct?  Powder, Black, Green, Navy, Royal, Gunmetal, Red, and Orange.  No two are the same.  That's so stupid.  Orange seems ill fitting.  The new logo is not nearly as bad as it looked when I first saw it.  It felt then like the Suns alternate, but in practice it looks much less weirdly chonky.  Although that may half be the way ESPN added features in the embossed logos they used for the broadcast.  But it definitely would have been better to go with the previous forward-facing dragons.  Even if you had to turn the S around, it would have been better.

Actually, hold on.  Seattle has just the head on their shoulders.  Just like everyone could do with their great alts.  WHY ISN'T THAT ON THE HELMET?!?!

• Like 1

spacer.png

spacer.png

3 hours ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

Fun weekend.  Now that we've seen everything in action...

Darlington looks better than I expected to find them.  The helmet stripe is unique and it all looks good together.  White on powder without an outline is stupid and the use of the DR logo is moreso.  I understand all of the bad decisions made involving the Arlington identity.  It was a sacrifice to get good deals with the city.  It still sucks.  And I know they've got XFL, Under Amor, and sometimes Brahma Bull logos, but couldn't they have had a space for any of the secondary logos they made a big deal of on the logos themselves?  Especially since a lot of them look so good.

Vipers look awesome.  The more and more I look at their logo, the more I like it.  It's cool.  It looks like a logo for a cool car, but it's still cool.  And it may be the only time I've had one of those overly-thought-out explanations of a logo's inspiration actually give me better appreciation of it, since I see the fangs and think it works.  They might be the best pure identity in my book, but for me the Black/Red/White color scheme is always a winner.

Orlando's logos look tiny.  There has to be a middle ground.  The stripe is cool, but much like the animal that looks like a mixture of things, I'm left wondering if there's meant to be some specific reference.  I'm getting Cow Tools'd.  They should have taken the three-claw swipe stripe from the Los Angeles Wildcats.

Houston looks like a CFL team.  I don't know if that's because they specifically looks like the Alouettes, or if I associate the different-colored shoulders like that with the league.  The helmet doesn't help, but I don't think it would look too bad with a solid uniform.

St. Louis looks like the last St. Louis, and that's all they had to do.  Classic-looking but unique color scheme.  The center stripe should probably more clearly evoke the sword from between the wings, but the Titans may throw a hissy.

San Antonio looks... weird.  The greyish is drab and I have absolutely no idea where this color scheme came from.  It looks like it should be a color scheme for an Army alternate, but just because it would be based off of an actual military uniform.  I actually really dig the helmets.  I feel silly that I didn't realize it was a negative space B on the back and instead thought there was a little design I couldn't see between the horns.  But the horns themselves look 1,000% better in action than they did on the graphics packages/on a mannequin.  

DC looks beautiful and classic.  The pattern is a bit weird, but I like to believe the marble interpretation.  The D looks great, and honestly I'd be perfectly fine with them just putting a backwards D on the other side because it looks so much better moving forward.

Seattle looks good on the road, but I don't know how much I'll like the more orange homes.  Such a weird decision out of all their colors to go with orange primarily.  Actually, looking at the league... were the teams forced to go with one major color that didn't match everyone else so that they could put them all together and be distinct?  Powder, Black, Green, Navy, Royal, Gunmetal, Red, and Orange.  No two are the same.  That's so stupid.  Orange seems ill fitting.  The new logo is not nearly as bad as it looked when I first saw it.  It felt then like the Suns alternate, but in practice it looks much less weirdly chonky.  Although that may half be the way ESPN added features in the embossed logos they used for the broadcast.  But it definitely would have been better to go with the previous forward-facing dragons.  Even if you had to turn the S around, it would have been better.

Actually, hold on.  Seattle has just the head on their shoulders.  Just like everyone could do with their great alts.  WHY ISN'T THAT ON THE HELMET?!?!

If Houston just changed to a navy helmet with the derrick on both sides they'd be a massive improvement.

San Antonio is just the Rock's personal logos and Black Adam smashed together, to include the color scheme.

Dwayne Johnson just dropped his latest Project Rock ad campaign

Under Armour Project Rock 5 Black Adam Sneakers Shoes DC size M 10 / W 11.5  | eBay

The San Antonio Brahmas reveal uniforms for the 2023 XFL season | KABB

I'd actually like to see this uniform be the primary instead of the dark grey jersey. 

• Like 6

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Just now, MJWalker45 said:

San Antonio is just the Rock's personal logos and Black Adam smashed together, to include the color scheme.

Wow.  Black Adam came and went so fast and I'm not doing theatres still, so I didn't even think of that connection.

Shoulda just gone black.  But if indeed only one team was allowed each color, that would step on Vegas's toes.  I think sand would fit their home better, but the yellow does look much better.

• Like 1

spacer.png

spacer.png

1 minute ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

Wow.  Black Adam came and went so fast and I'm not doing theatres still, so I didn't even think of that connection.

Shoulda just gone black.  But if indeed only one team was allowed each color, that would step on Vegas's toes.  I think sand would fit their home better, but the yellow does look much better.

I think the yellow is enough that going with black wouldn't be stepping on another team's toes, but I do think it would look better when it's all monochrome. 

LuJ1xY26hZrSNIJSQJka3nFEyUicZrGX-C_5Yssg3iHICPZFjFE1GZEueF985NyM60QwxNKW2BVTLMubAW3ICQZdalhKQMxFKAh_GadjZls07L-kC_Ci1Yvs0XDqK3hSf8KWr__ioF5S-3-zuPoZrgrDMfund07_jVvyNvY2HRuZEte2wdGhxcJdOs0C1cMiW-Sy5zRAjUjT_X39UZZo1PSp-02rKZbV8WGu6xX_xoESfvpvxj9mHz2HQGw0hgNu51XVM_o85JS0V6Qb8O1nsKUtNrUaGwempLukULedNU473FRz1FMDHV-OTbW1BmID8rYMfZMcWSz0FKThSTjg1Uo2p-iB8HCdU7wEw-PE-g2OyH7d_284NzQWPs9FO0Mwi_JweAH5NRl_NX85q7eJ-XHpKMSh2kAckw6_w8pmRlKrPBTz5NNFfUAMa_UDXCL_YwBcujLKbRX5UCrW7McigRCUntpJNcAWeFDuWKBaUg4EtLRfltZjQla87R4tRIUV9jE_pKO7IDEJq3cCxUgKA7WPEx4rt3JjKn7guFrWxt1mUh37lR-QLAmC8EqDmUaEzeoaRuIWXxN-3g8t6wkAB-oSKm3oPIKWVzvmgw7DhP6PbgHX1Dpo6eKxMNsQdDAd30Vvfz5JwMH5AkEJ3Fy2DOrpH90AmFdAukQDF_GbVawgmZXuL4ROdWqB-nG05cSKKsbYG9zsKMNLeB6zsqgVrU60Xyz6PSBgETF3tx4idGZRj8QNK16DOgt-YivHsQm-basPq0KsAFH55bP3ljHOi4PmlJH8eqwfR4nn6dFhV76sjw4wj2IzaFjwLXpdHa4dTwgcJFVv0mwnOpgXedFmIO40DuIu8Iv-xItoBhHohtW70kF0wzbtAmBuKzK5CwVXfGBIXzBipEIYlpCSYdOscPQsOfBAEDii-jptcm2DKu7pug=w1229-h925-s-no?authuser=0

dH-rjFtt6rUsSpeCElsTnFHZIMnsotMcFUYPRjkDPW9sqZzQa1w8E9k1hdtS83TrDVPhpkJQ4NzupbOVQwIdo0ApTmbirOC9R-w5ZA0sx-7yKrzhBj1lsazgUkaGD21HPEJdhLrgplHsHdW4uShY36N0KcTHzlXTQdmUDluiBDYf9hMGJ4koKNV4VlkwAp3cFjf4X1Pun9xWUneuWqSUqn6txKrER13NAbRChk9Ke8AavShb_XTW0BF2plsygIa4558Pv1Ttpeca87Man_DIKZahKTDX48mec-_TwS6KSJk7SYF_1vXNToipO_Geblitg1KTaVSR0hJTEVhelOv6F8xF7jN1rAtDdKoJ6ZpRq8t-GfziP_0pezdNpuxYQXOldtmj8d81vKqo10lGKMQj6C2G-zFxtt39e-E2T7WoWs3XS-n72CuSMndBVsJz7amdVahrqQIhSEDtVB1ZAzVKKyDf4RmSkSbhD4ws7oN_J-u8keMjj8e8TkU6_ZbKo_m_DHL-WaTiniIfZ-DSRyLFwtzyNtF1AA6Ene4MxymXSfIP7ZY0_JnB_SeLO3o51bY0oqSAQ1HCP2HbXWFqYFe-4fyAJAe_eVUwlUfsTkUTSxJfFuF12eZq_SAR77jZIJvr_fR-K3_znIdFfWkx1RQ8HFm__cUZzi6IPTde4UDNU7MO9eG7boHZLmv-X4CV3m1giiZzdimRPPigyiBfQDUAJSiINKF7-CUo-D1kcObuSWj7jyzqxtUctz3CBVdiybkiVvAeZPvEeL3EyxgfBRtkqkX3d03p4JRH32TfgyqcbknjT5WmFo2RnG87epDY_vi5Czynn3H1UJ7zlsGe9wcp5mEzp_YiAmbB_MqCy_0gdD6K7osprvcYW5fhgDlRsYN7z82aEmn-mvRHGpirFBx4BtBPFHKMW320_kZt5IUO7a_37g=w1229-h925-s-no?authuser=0

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

5 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I think the yellow is enough that going with black wouldn't be stepping on another team's toes, but I do think it would look better when it's all monochrome. 

The two would be easily distinguishable.  That was just building off the previously mentioned thought that perhaps the reason no teams share a base jersey color is because it was league-mandated.

The matching tops and pants may be a making it a thousand times worse.  Probably meant to emulate the monochrome outfit of the character.  But I am of the opinion that save for one historic standout (Colts whites), no football team should ever wear the same colored pants and jerseys.

• Like 1

spacer.png

spacer.png