NFL fan stereotypes by team

FALCON6

Every fan of every team except the one I’m a customer of is arrogant and obnoxious, knows little about the sport, is probably a front running bandwagon fan, and has poor personal hygiene.

Did I get it right? That’s all this is going to be. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Every fan of every team except the one I’m a customer of is arrogant and obnoxious, knows little about the sport, is probably a front running bandwagon fan, and has poor personal hygiene.

Did I get it right? That’s all this is going to be. 

Philly fans not obnoxious? C'mon, Vet :D

Giants fans are a trip. Seems like half of them are big loud dumb WFAN callers indistinguishable from Jets fans, which is good for me, because when I lament that New York is the vector of America's cultural elite, I remember that in sheer numbers they have even more of these dopes than Chicago does. But then you have the dorks who are always referring to ~MISTER~ Mara and ~MISTER~ Tisch and live under the misconception that football, at least as executed by The New York Football Giants, is some sort of gentleman's pursuit. I think those guys all live in Connecticut.

17 minutes ago, Kaz said:

Redskins: I'm gonna leave this one alone because it'll probably get MOD EDIT'ed out anyways.

I think I said once before that Redskins fans could be way more obnoxious than they are, given the Redskins won three Super Bowls in a decade and all, but Snyder's ineptitude and their third rail of a name has kind of cowed them into relative silence. It's like the Browns, but with a team that won its titles when people actually watched football.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

12 minutes ago, Kaz said:

Ha!  I forgot to add that part but most Giants fans I know are from CT.  I guess it all makes sense.

The MISTER part must be a New England thing because Pats fans always refer to MISTER Kraft as well.

It's usually more of just a stupid we-must-respect-our-dear-owner-who-gives-us-so-much thing. Steelers fans do it with the Rooneys, and I've caught Blackhawks fans referring to Mr. Wirtz like they work for the guy.

Anyway I kinda grazed this topic a few years ago when I tried to describe every team to an Englishman.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

22 hours ago, the admiral said:

It's usually more of just a stupid we-must-respect-our-dear-owner-who-gives-us-so-much thing. Steelers fans do it with the Rooneys, and I've caught Blackhawks fans referring to Mr. Wirtz like they work for the guy.

Anyway I kinda grazed this topic a few years ago when I tried to describe every team to an Englishman.

That was, and remains, brilliant!

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Based on that, I should be a Giants fan. 

A huge Giants fan. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

As much as I love the Vikings and my fellow fans we do have a nasty habit of being a bunch of homers " WE HAV DE BEST DE FENCE EVAR" though I am not sure if this also applies to lot of other fan bases but, some do perceive as quite ignorant of anything outside of Minnesota. Oh and we refer to our rivals by childish nicknames like "Fudge Packers", "Kittens" and "Da Bums" ( though again I think this applies to other fan bases

Archived